I have started on Lighter Life Total

OH NO, I have just realised that I have had 5 packets, breakfast - porridge, lunch - soup, dinner - chilli, snack shake, and then I had a bar = 5 packets.

No wonder I am not in the ketosis area yet, I would have had an extra 500-600 calories.

Silly me.! And there was me thinking I was all ok. I am cross with myself, I just hadn't realised. Blast!:mad:

Maybe I can burn the calories off playing golf tomorrow........ in the whole skim of things its only 500-600 calories extra, compared with what I was having last week. :eek:

I will just have to be more careful and count 1-4 only!:(

Day 3,

Have put yesterdays is mis count behind me,
But should I now only have 3 packets or stick to 4?
Please can someone advise?

I am starting the day is porridge cooked in a saucepan it tastes better than cooked in the microwave.

Lunch will be a soup - mushroom

and will try the Shepherds Pie (I am convinced that there defiantly isn't any Pie in that packet!) meal tonight.

Have a good day everyone.

My first meeting went well and I have just had my first pack for breakfast - a vanilla shake made with coffee to make a latte. It was a bit lumpy but I'll get it right eventually!

The meeting was good too - we have a good group I think. They're very supportive and give great advice! I'm dreading the next 3 days until I get into ketosis and get over any carb withdrawal I might have but its going to be worth it!

bradgirl: the packs are about 100-125 calories. You only get 500-600 calories altogether if you eat 4 packs so you've done very little damage to your weightloss! :D

bradgirl: the packs are about 100-125 calories. You only get 500-600 calories altogether if you eat 4 packs so you've done very little damage to your weightloss! :D

That then is a game of golf. I now remember its 500-600 calls a day, thanks for that Ringleader.

Don't forget to drink water before and after a meal

MUSHROOM SOUP - MMMM its seems to have separated, but taste ok!

Hows everyone else doing for lunch?

I have been wearing my step recorder, have just down 18,867 steps (playing golf) and earnt 999.9 calories.
I don't think I have a problem with my extra packet I had yesterday somehow!
I had a nut fudge bar out there for and sunrise orange drink, and black coffee, not hungry. Amazing really.

Also I mange to wear a pair of trousers that I haven't worn for 5 years, so something has happened!

Said no to an indian meal, will eat the shepherds pie, and take a hot bath to rest the legs.

Off for a pop in for the early weigh in tomorrow.
Will let you know how it goes

How's everyone doing?

Shepherds Pie, was actually ok, but don't look at it!

Went to pop in this morning, have lost 4lbs - hurray.

How's everyone else doing.

Creamy asparagus soup - is nice.

bradgirl, congrats on your 4 lbs off! I am on day 4 and went to weigh in today and have lost 3 lbs (early weigh in...my official weigh in days are Tues nights) and that was right after lunch! :) :) :)

bradgirl, congrats on your 4 lbs off! I am on day 4 and went to weigh in today and have lost 3 lbs (early weigh in...my official weigh in days are Tues nights) and that was right after lunch! :) :) :)

Thats fantastic yesdarling, well done, my weigh in was a pop in, official weigh in Tuesday evening.
Went to a party last night, before I went I had the pasta packet, and was committed to drink water and black coffee.
I did take the party host to one side, and said don't be offended but I won't be eating, as I am followed a Lighter Life Total and have eaten before I came. She was absolutely fine about it, in fact it was the other guests, who was the pushers to have it. My friend that I went with was very supportive, and the funny thing was that it was outside and as I wasn't eating, I ended up holding the brolly whilst she ate!

But I didn't feel I was missing out, as I was doing "THIS" for me.

How are you, have you managed to get over the hungry patch? Which packets do you enjoy?

I like the asparagus soup, and peanut bar, may have the pasta packet tonight.

What are you all having?

Looking forward to Tuesday evening.

I had a vanila shakke for breakfast,the nut bar for lunch, shepherds pie for dinner and a chocolate shake for tea. To be honsest, I cant stomach the other soups & chilli etc.. only the shep pie, and the carbonara :S

Monday 25th, Porridge - i like that, not like the really thing, but its ok.
Lunch - Chicken Soup
Snack - Crispy cranberry bar
Dinner - Shepherds pie.......

Sunrise orange, and 2-3 litres of water.

Off for dog walk, followed by 18 holes of golf.

Have a good day, come on we can do this, if we get the result in wearing nice fitted clothes, it will be worth it.

hi ladies,

sounds like you all are doing well. I cannot believe it has been five days already since I started LL. I still think about food a fair amount. But, I think it is less since starting LL. I don't know if I am hungry or just missing food as a habit or it is withdrawls. I just have a bit of an empty feeling between my LL meals which I am not use to because before LL I snacked ALL THE TIME. So, this is something to get use to.

The cold hands and feet have started for me. I am freezing. I read this is a side effect. Does anyone know why? My skin on my face is breaking out a little too. Probably the toxins leaving my body due to all of fluids I am taking in.

I still have started exercising. Need motivation. Perhaps after my oficial weigh in tomorrow evening, that will spur me on? Here's hoping! :)

I am finding the soups hard to swallow. I like the Veg one and the Cream of Onion is ok. However, the rest.... no. Also, I haven't tried the chili, carbonara, or sheperds pie. Reminds me a little of baby food the way my counsellor described it? I don't like the texture of porrige. So it is shakes and two types of soups for me this past week. This could get boring easily so I need to turn my thinking around with these packs. Looking forward to a bar after Tues.

I do sneaky weigh ins at home. I seem to have lost 3-4 lbs my first week. Which is dissapointing. I still have today and tomorrow before my official weigh in. I have done everything I am suppose to. I can tell I have lost inches though. The week before I started LL, I went on a detox and lost 7 lbs so perhaps my 'big first week weight loss' was then?

Hi yesdarling,
All is well with me, not feeling cold at all, have enjoyed the food, or something that looks like food! But I have found as long as I don't look, the taste is ok! I played golf today, and bar (nut fudge bard) and later on after about 16 holes I had the cranberry - both bars were alright - and the played a good game of golf, drunk 2 bottles of water, which should have helped. (15,559 step = 824 calls). Tonight I had Shepherds pie, served up in a bone china small bowl!

Also I have had no constipation, must be all the water and the selections possibly that I have chosen, and my nails was looking good and strong.
I have had a general good selection, and taking it in turns as to what I am having to keep it varied.

I did not like the mushroom soup - it separated, but the asparagus was ok, and I have had worse from a packet.

Plus have worn a pair of trousers, that I haven't worn for 5 years - so that to me is the important thing.

Looking forward to WI in Tuesday evening. Good luck at your WI. We can do this, can't we?

Tuesday 26th:-
Breakfast porridge, Lunch Chicken soup, snack milkshake, dinner Pasta

I tend to drink first if I feel hungry, and if after a drink I still feel hungry then I have a packet, followed by some water.

Since starting this, I have got into a habit of body brushing towards the heart, shower, washing the hair and applying Bio Oil and feeling ready for the day ahead. ( Not that I didn't shower each day, but have been advised to body brush, which helps with the circulation, etc.)
My nails look strong, and my skin is fine, and everything else is working great - no constipation as all.

Having porridge shortly 08.20 followed by dog walk around 8.30

Have a good, do let me know how you get on?

I had a vanila shakke for breakfast,the nut bar for lunch, shepherds pie for dinner and a chocolate shake for tea. To be honsest, I cant stomach the other soups & chilli etc.. only the shep pie, and the carbonara :S

Hi iveabigask, , won't you get bored with that? I find it is mind over matter, and keeping each day different, mind you this is my first week on LL Total. I like the plain porridge, hope to pick up the other tonight, have enjoyed the bars, especially likes the Nut Fudge, and cranberry, and have enjoyed the evening meals. The shakes I have had either at breakfast or lunch, when time has been short, or I have been out and about (like at a picninc)

Good luck at your next weigh in.

i'm still here. will post after my LL meeting tonight! good luck bradgirl for weigh in tonight as well!

Oh dear, I know no one wants to hear this, but I've eaten non-pack already and I feel absolutely terrible :cry:
I feel like I'm the only one in the world that is having difficulty with getting through the first week of this program :(:(:(

Day 1 was okay (3 packs taken, though the taste doesn't agree with me), day 2 I didn't get out of bed I had so little energy (2.5 packs), day 3 was better but I was too nauseous to get past 2.5 packs again. I was definitely in ketosis on Day 3 and had lost 7 lbs.

But Day 4 was a Monday and I was back in work again.
By 2pm my stomach was not just gnawing with hunger, but it was unbearable!
By 4:30 I bought a sandwich in the shop at work and ate the cheese and ham out of the middle and threw away the bread.

:sigh: So now its day 5, I'm basically restarting (being out of ketosis now) and feeling very down.

The hunger started gnawing again and I finally realised it was canderel sachets (powder) they have in work - I had been adding them to my coffee and they obviously just made me a mad person wanting to eat everything around me. I had totally forgotten that we can only have these in tablet form :eek:

I'm just glad I figured out what the problem was - hopefully the ride will be a lot smoother for me from now on.

Back