I have to leave.....

Congratulations :)

Congratulations! It's a good excuse to stop! :)

Congratulations........ All the best with your pregnancy hun!!

I have been doing so well with this diet. 2 stone 8 in 8 weeks is wonderful! This week I didn't lose any at all but I now know why, and its the reason I will no longer be doing this diet.......I am 4 weeks pregnant!!!!!

It seems that the weight loss was enough to trigger an ovulation (something I have had rarely since I was 21 and I got caught!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Its still early days so not really telling many people in our life, just those closest (and asking them to keep it to themselves until my 12 week scan)

I really think with out this diet I would not be pregnant right now!!!! THANK YOU SLIM AND SAVE!

Although it means putting the wedding back by two months (otherwise I would be 8 1/2 months pregnant on the wedding day lol) and I won't be my target weight anytime soon... (I'm going to start s&s again when the baby is born)

Thanks for your support ladies xxx

Congratulations! & start taking folic acid if you haven'talready! :D

Add me to the list of people who will hopefully be posting the same in coming months... :p

Thanks everyone :)
I'm doing good so far, trying to keep the food healthy and not put on to much FAT as well as baby weight over the next few months. I am taking pregnacare which has a range of all the vits you need plus folic acid all in one tablet (we advise the ladies at the IVF clinic to use it so I know its good) :)

oh and I made a mistake...at work we date pregnancy from the day the embryo is implanted into the womb...its like dating from conception....which is what I did when working out my dates but I have now found out that in a natural pregnancy its dated from the first day of your last period...which means I am
7 weeks pregnant!!! :eek: not 4 like I first though...

Also Ladies as much as I love this diet I would advise those of you trying to get pregnant to keep a close eye and test often as I have found out from my doctor the big amounts of ketones are toxic to an embryo so being in ketosis in not good for you when pregnant, it increases your chances of miscarriage and birth defects :(...he told me to get myself out of ketosis asap (which I was going to do anyway and have done)

Also Ladies as much as I love this diet I would advise those of you trying to get pregnant to keep a close eye and test often as I have found out from my doctor the big amounts of ketones are toxic to an embryo so being in ketosis in not good for you when pregnant, it increases your chances of miscarriage and birth defects :(...he told me to get myself out of ketosis asap (which I was going to do anyway and have done)

I've been pondering the same & when to up the calories (especially now BMI reached one of my mental targets) but have rationalized to myself that with implantation being week 4 (from LMP!) & then placental transfer week 4-5 that i'll continue on the diet but POAS 2 weeks post predicted ovulation & if lucky enough to get a positive snap myself out of ketosis. Tricky balance between optimal womb and optimal rest-of-body pregnancy preparation... :cry:

Fingers crossed for you! :D

Belated congrats Violet! Only saw this thread today, was wondering where you'd got to. Super news!
Hope everything goes really well for you.
He /she will be our little S&S mascot!! x

Hey hey ladies, thought I would drop by and give you an update on the baby and me, Down side I have put a stone on during my first trimester :( trying to control my weight gain as much as I can for the rest of the pregnancy though.
As for the bump (or Sh'He as we are calling the baby till we find out the sex) is coming on great guns, its bang on the size it should be by this point and me being in ketosis for the first month or so of its life has not done any damage :D it is crazy active to the point that every time I have had a scan the sonographer keeps laughing and telling it off when she tries to get measurements :D during one scan alone Sh'He had hiccups, sucked its thumb, "waved" and "clapped its hands" on top of moving around like a gymnast lol She said we are going to have an athlete or a dancer...then Nathan pops up with "or a ninja!!!" :D

Hope you are all still doing well with your weight loss and I look forward to joining you all again soon xx

Good to hear the update, Violetfire!

Also, the thread bump (ho, ho) reminded me of my post in here...

Add me to the list of people who will hopefully be posting the same in coming months... :p

I am pregnant too! :D Approximately 7/40 - have a private early scan booked for later in the week.

Came off the diet after reaching one of my targets & a big social occasion 6 or so weeks ago - slipped back a bit since then, though some feels like water weight/bloating & some deserved as I did go slightly OTT on food I had missed. Now need to be working on the pregnancy-without-the-pounds side of things. :eek:

Good to hear the update, Violetfire!

Also, the thread bump (ho, ho) reminded me of my post in here...

I am pregnant too! :D Approximately 7/40 - have a private early scan booked for later in the week.

Came off the diet after reaching one of my targets & a big social occasion 6 or so weeks ago - slipped back a bit since then, though some feels like water weight/bloating & some deserved as I did go slightly OTT on food I had missed. Now need to be working on the pregnancy-without-the-pounds side of things. :eek:

ohhh so happy for you!!! xx

I was on a vlcd and pregnant 5 weeks before I knew I was pregnant. Came off vlcd of course. Baby came out fine, bright eyed and weighing 9lbs! I am thankful that I lost 4 stone before I conceived. Wished I'd stayed off the buttered toast and rice pudding diet I put myself on after though lol.....kept the weight off really well til last trimester, then ballooned. There is a section on here called pregnancy without the pounds....it didn't help me to keep them off but I met several expectant mums on here which helped. Good luck

Last edited:
ok another up date, I'm now 25 weeks 4 days and doing ok. Been put on the sick due to a condition called SPD Symphysis pubis dysfunction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but aside from that not doing to bad. We have found out we are having a little boy!!!!! his name is Alexander Peter Burgess but we will call him Xander :)
Only 15 weeks and 3 days left until my due date....it seems so close yet so far away all at the same time lol.
REALLY want to get back on S&S but not sure when I will be ok to as I want to breast feed if I can and for a good milk production you need more cals than you get from the packs :-s

Hope you are all doing well and are looking forward to xmas, much love to you all xx

Hi - Brilliant news - good luck for you and little one - Elaine xxx (lovely reason to leave - she says with big smiley face)

Hey ladies. Thought it was time for an update! On the down side I have put on nearly all the weight I lost before getting pregnant but as my midwife keeps telling me the fact he is a big baby (approx 6lb 12oz at the last growth scan at 35 weeks) and the fact I have increased fluid in my womb means I have not
actually put on as much fat as it seems.

In baby news I am 37 weeks tomorrow and he is a strapping bouncy healthy boy with a full head of hair! As he is big tidy don't want me to go to 40 weeks so I will be having a sweep on Wednesday to try and get him started on his way out. He that doesn't work I have another the week after and he that one doesn't work I will be induced on the 19th.

Can't wait to have him! Sadly as I am planning on breast feeding I can't restart SnS for a while but I will be reducing cals and carbs as soon as I can :)

Hope you are all still doing as well on your weight loss as you were. Xx

Back