I have to leave.....

Hiya... I'm also back today after gaining all the weight I'd previously lost during pregnancy... My baby boy is 4 months now and I have stopped breast feeding so it's time to shift this weight again once n for all.

Good luck Hun, I'll be following you x x

Congratulations again!

I'm back too! :wave_cry: So, the week after baby I was 'only' about 2 stone up from the TTC weight - but then too much time sat down with baby/comfort eating one handed & another stone on, doh.

Now she's nearly 8 months & I restarted once she was 6 months - slightly longer than initially planned off over Christmas but back on it now. Especially as thoughts are starting to turn to TTC #2 :eek: & final trimester was hard enough as it was dealing with the cankles/carpal tunnel even with a baby that came early! Need an as light as possible starting point if doing it again...

Hiya... I'm also back today after gaining all the weight I'd previously lost during pregnancy... My baby boy is 4 months now and I have stopped breast feeding so it's time to shift this weight again once n for all.

On a BF note - I know they advise you don't do S&S or any VLCD while BF-ing... & that is the official line.

But I did some reading around (about the low calorie, low carb and ketosis aspects) & hard thinking & decided to try to continue while on plan & it's been working for us. Important caveats are probably that I did fully accept that it might not work out & we might need to go fully to FF if supply dipping. Additionally, I am not so strict with my total calorie intake (but have still seen some good losses) & it was probably easier as she'd got to 6 months so we'd started weaning onto solids & she has always been combination fed so it has been easy to make sure she's getting the 500ml/18oz or so of formula a day (for iron/vitamins) in addition to 4 regular BFs.
I was keen to continue as much as possible even if not primary source of nutrition for the other benefits like immunity over the winter. Also apparently the weight loss/insulin sensitizing benefits of BF-ing are more if continued beyond 6 months rather than doing in initial stages which was interesting as I don't think BF-ing till now used up the alleged 500 calories for me & I was so jealous of my S-I-L needing to force herself to eat lots of chocolate while BF-ing or she'd 'lose too much weight' (!) :rolleyes: :p

On a BF note - I know they advise you don't do S&S or any VLCD while BF-ing... & that is the official line.

But I did some reading around (about the low calorie, low carb and ketosis aspects) & hard thinking & decided to try to continue while on plan & it's been working for us. Important caveats are probably that I did fully accept that it might not work out & we might need to go fully to FF if supply dipping. Additionally, I am not so strict with my total calorie intake (but have still seen some good losses) & it was probably easier as she'd got to 6 months so we'd started weaning onto solids & she has always been combination fed so it has been easy to make sure she's getting the 500ml/18oz or so of formula a day (for iron/vitamins) in addition to 4 regular BFs.
I was keen to continue as much as possible even if not primary source of nutrition for the other benefits like immunity over the winter. Also apparently the weight loss/insulin sensitizing benefits of BF-ing are more if continued beyond 6 months rather than doing in initial stages which was interesting as I don't think BF-ing till now used up the alleged 500 calories for me & I was so jealous of my S-I-L needing to force herself to eat lots of chocolate while BF-ing or she'd 'lose too much weight' (!) :rolleyes: :p [/QUOTE]

2 stone up after baby was born in jealous!!

In my opinion it's better to breast feed than not at all, I personally couldn't do this diet and breast feed solely but as your baby is 6 months and getting additional nutrition from food I don't see it as a problem.... Let's get this weight off and be yummy mummy's ehh! :)

Aww congratulations!!

Oh haha I didn't spot the date on the first post, oops!

2 stone up after baby was born in jealous!!

In my opinion it's better to breast feed than not at all, I personally couldn't do this diet and breast feed solely but as your baby is 6 months and getting additional nutrition from food I don't see it as a problem.... Let's get this weight off and be yummy mummy's ehh! :)

Well, it was 2 but then +1 more with all the sitting-in-doors + comfort food & I wasn't quite at target :eek: - so wanting 3.5 off from my post birth highest!

Yummy mummy is indeed the target... :D Plenty of them around where I am - though my NCT group are pretty supportive - we had a night out at a restaurant last night where it was easy to stay on plan!

Back