I JUST CANT DO THIS

Judy

:cry: WHY cant i stick to this??
I go 2 or 3 days then start picking!! i just pinched some of the kids meatballs i know its wrong when im doing it but i cant stop myself.
My will power is so crap! how do u guys do this for so long without falling off.
desperate help needed b4 i just throw the towel in and go back to slimmingworld. I know this is quicker (cambridge)
but i need to eatttttttttt how sad do i sound :break_diet:

Hi Judy,

I did fine for ages and lost six and half stone and then started falling off the wagon...

After a year almost of on and off my diet.

I am now in my third week of Step 2 790 and I am finding this much easier.

The weight loss is slower but I am happy enough with it.

I have lost 6lbs. so far and I am on my way for a good week this week and I feel confident now I will be able to get to goal on 790 as it is working well for me.

Love Mini xxx

What are your goals?

Mine is to take them to Legoland before it close's for the year. Have also booked a holiday in December to disney.

How i got so big??? Is that i've got 3 children with special needs although no where near as severe as some of my online friends.
However that does mean that i have to go against the LEA and the NHS (as i live in a borough that just "missed" the worst top 10 place to live that was in readers digest last month) will do a lot in the effort of not getting support. So when i had a bad phonecall i ate.

Realised earlier this year that this £%$% is not going to disappear and that i have just got to learn to deal with it and not hit the food.

So make some goals and try and find the reasons that want to make you eat.

Don't give in Judy, you've been doing so well. You're always supportive of everyone else and believe me we are all supportive of you too.

Stick to Cambridge for as long as you can, please try your very hardest because this diet will make you feel so much happier with yourself at the end of it. I know I may sound like a hypocrit as I've not reached the end myself yet, but together we can all get through this.

You've lost 22lbs the same as me and spooky, how weird is it that all 3 of us haven't done our bests today? I say that we get back on track together.

Alternitively, have you thought about going onto 790 at all? Even if its for a trial perid?

Be strong Judy x x

P.s. you don't sound sad at all :)

to be honest im seriously thinking of just sticking with slimmingworld, it may be the best way for me. my daughter still does it at the mo and i cook healthy for her but the youngest two have all the kids stuff like meatballs, chicken nuggest etc so its so hard when ur not eating food at all and have to cook them things. at least when ur eating so be it a jacket spud or salad etc atleast i can sit down with them where as at the moment i keep going in the livingroom to get away from it to stop me cheating even more. and i feel so mean.
Im gonna decide over the weekend i think on whats best for me. Im not giving up on the diet noway!! and i think this site is great and i thank everyone for all the support.
whats the 790? i only know about ss and have heard about the others but dont know what they are really.

Judy ask your CDC for a diet booklet... you'd find it really helpful I always find myself reading it randomly and it helps keep me going at times because I look forward to going up the steps (minus the preperation for food lol)

I'll just go get my book and I'll fill you in on 790 x

P.s. You have to do what makes you feel happiest at the end of the day :)

Last edited:
"Step 2 - Around 790 kcal

Who is this step inteded for?
  • Anyone who is overweight (BMI 25 or more) who is not medically contraindicated.
  • Anyone preparing for weight loss on the Sole Source programme.
  • Anyone who needs to eat on social occasions who could not therefore use Sole Source.
  • Anyone who has lost weight with Sole Source, used the Add-a-Meal week and is now on the weight stabilisation programme.
This is still a nutritionally assured very low calorie diet below 800kcal per day. However it gives the additional flexibility of a slightly higher calorie level than the Sole Source programme.

How long is this step?
  • For weight loss until your desired weight is reached.
  • As a stabilisation step for a minimum of one week when you have lost weight on the Sole Source program.
  • As a preperation step before using the Sole Source programme.
What can you eat?
  • Three Cambridge Diets
  • 284ml (1/2 pint) skimmed milk (which you can add to tea or coffee)
  • Three tablespoons of vegetables or salads
  • One of the protein-rich options
  • Plus you have your minimum of 2.25 litres (4 pints) fluits from water, calorie-free and sugar-free drinks.
How does this step work?
By keeping their protein levels high and fat and carbohydrate levels low, most people stay in mild ketosis. This means that your body relies on your fat stores for energy, which is ideal for weight loss.
Some people may not remain in ketosis as there is some carbohydrate in the 790 programme but you will still lose weight because your energy intake (calories) is very low."

I've read before that on 790 the weight loss per month is 12lbs as appose to Sole Source being 14lbs per month...so its still very good :) x

Hi Judy! :wavey:

It may be a good suggestion to increase to a higher programme which includes much more food choices per day, such as 1000kcal or 1200kcal. It makes more sense to stick to a higher programme, than pretend to SS but pick/snack frequently! You'll still lose a decent amount of weight each week/month, but you'll feel more in control, as you're allowing yourself to eat conventional foods, plus get all the nutrients from the CD packs too! If in time you then decide you're in a better frame of mind, you can drop down to doing either 790kcal or Sole Source. Perhaps try this out, before giving up completely.
Also, perhaps stop buying the processed crappy stuff for the younger kiddiwinks? It makes it easier for you not to nibble on their naughty food, plus it'd more beneficial to them not to have all that added salt, bulking agents, sugars, etc too! If they eat what you eat, it will prevent them gaining food addictions in their future, and shield them from becoming overweight or obese too!

hi girls, i have decided to go back on slimmingworld for a bit then maybe try this a bit later on when im gettin a bit bored.
wanted to say thanx for all ur help and support, i will still see how u are all doing but will probs move over to the sw thread.
Im deffo not giving up on dieting though as im really enjoying loosing this weight!!

Hi Judy, how are you doing? Hope things are going well for you.

Your welcome, sorry I didn't reply sooner had a crazy hectic weekend.

I must say I do love SW. Only I'm rubbish at the meat days I always lived on pasta and over did portions.

How are you finding it? Keep us updated with your successes!! Good luck x x

Back