I just can't drink all this water. Is it really necessary

onefatmama

Hi,

I'm a few days into ss, and like before I'm struggling with the water:(

I know I have been told to drink about 3lts as I'm only having three tetra shakes a day. But I can seriously only manage 4 pints and that is my max:sigh: as I have a very week bladder and am weeing every 15-20 mins on just those 4 pints:sigh:

I could drink a bit more maybe, but that would leave me house bound as I would need the loo even more often or there will be accidents:eek:

Does the water really help with the weight loss or just helps to prevent constipation and rid toxins?

If it does help weight loss, then how? and if not, then why do people go on about drinking pints and pints of the stuff?

I want to lose weight, but Id like to keep my bladder intake whilst doing it:D

Thanks for any advice.

ofm x

You really do need to make sure you get at least 2.5 litres I think, drinking the water will be better than having the **** for a week which is happened to me last time when I didn't get enough water down.

So much water we usually get comes from our food and the nutrients in packs are very concentrated so we really do need to get the water down our throats.

Good luck with it.

Water Consumption! Please Read!!!
I asked my CDC to send the following question to Cambridge on my behalf. Underneath is their reply.

Question:- "I am aware CD recommend a minimum of 4 pints of water per day. I see on various forums many CDCs advocating 4 - 6 litres or more per day. Do Cambridge endorse this? As CDCs are actively suggesting this quantity, saying "The more you drink the more you shrink" is there any scientific proof that this is beneficial?"

Reply:-
"As far as the water is concerned, we have no connection with that
phrase, as I am sure you are aware, the forum chat is not endorsed by
the company.
We recommend a minimum of two and a half litres daily, when using any
programme, particularly sole source.
However, once established on the diet, it is perfectly acceptable to
consume three to four litres daily.
Some people, particularly those who were drinking large amounts before
dieting, can drink more than that without any problems.
Everyone's requirement is different.
The thing to remember is to drink the water regularly throughout the
day.
It is not a good idea to go for long periods of the day without
drinking, and then consume large amounts"
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...tion/53190-water-consumption-please-read.html

You are doing very well on the water front especially for your first week as it takes most people some time to work up their water intake to the recommendation above.

The first ten days you are running to the loo more as your body is emptying your glycogen stores...each pound weight of glycogen is stored with approximately four pounds of water.

After this you will settle down and not be running as often and you will find you do get use to the water intake.

Water does help to rid your body of toxins and helps prevent you from getting constipated.

It also can help to take a spoonful of Cambridge Fibre each day to keep things moving...

There was an old saying..."The more you drink, the more you shrink" but there is no scientific evidence to back that up.

It can be very dangerous to drink too much water.

I hate drinking the water too, but I feel really cr@p if I don't at least have the minimum amount. Also by making sure you drink the correct amount it reduces the likelihood of you retaining water, especially as the weather warms up. It's a pain in the a$$ but it is worth it honestly!!

And once you've been on CD for two weeks you can buy water flavourings to add to your water for a change. I personally find them too sweet, but they're worth a try.

I space my water out and drink from a 500ml bottle during the day, that way it doesn't seem as daunting and as much. Here's how I do it:

1 litre on the way to work
500mls at coffee time
500mls at lunch time
500mls on the way home
500mls at dinner time.

Anything after that is a bonus and I haven't included my tea and coffee in this.

Good luck with it, play about with different sized bottles, but you do have to drink it unfortunately xx

Before starting this diet I could go a whole day without having a drink :eek:

I struggled with the amount of water too but someone (Sorry, I can`t remember who :eek: ) advised me to use a 1L bottle. I now get through 4L by supping at my bottle all day. It makes it so much more manageable.

I also have a weak bladder and wee for Britain :rolleyes::8855: but I guess we just have to put up with it :(

Xx

I usually take a pint to bed with me then drink two pints in the morning, and two between lunch and dinner shakes ...after that as and when I am thirsty. Its tough and some days I pee a lot ... but if I am going out I do cut down how much I drink before I leave the house.

I don't struggle with the water thankfully, i drink loads pluss coffee, always at the loo as well. My friend on the other hand is like you she really struggles, so she tries to down half a pint of water every time she needs a wee, and the more she wees the more she drinks.... not sure if that hepls but it seems to work for her x

I found it hard to drink all my water too, so I started to drink fizzy water, 10p for 2lts in asda! After week two add the flavourings and its yummy and very easy to drink, especially when the weather is good, I go through pints and bottles of the stuff.
I usually take plain still water when I am out and for some reason find it much easier to drink out of a sports bottle!
You do get used to it though x x

Before starting this diet I could go a whole day without having a drink :eek:

I struggled with the amount of water too but someone (Sorry, I can`t remember who :eek: ) advised me to use a 1L bottle. I now get through 4L by supping at my bottle all day. It makes it so much more manageable.

I also have a weak bladder and wee for Britain :rolleyes::8855: but I guess we just have to put up with it :(

Xx

This thing about a 1L bottle is so true, I bought myself one and it certainly seems to make it easier to get the volume of water down.

i struggled with the water to at the start,the only water i cant drink cold and warm is evian, haveyou tried tasting all bottled water
???

Back