I just want to be healthy and fit - will I be successful

thanks denise, im doing a bit better.

yesterday wasn't a great day food wise. Managed the couscous porridge, a banana, half a spoon of chicken curry, quarter chapati and some salad.

Was struggling to eat hopefully today will be better. As my eating wasn't great I also didn't exercise as much I did 15 minutes on the bike instead of 30+.

weigh in day wise has been good. I have somehow managed to lose 5lb. So am 16st 8lb. A total of 11lb loss in 3 weeks so quite pleased:)

weigh in day wise has been good. I have somehow managed to lose 5lb. So am 16st 8lb. A total of 11lb loss in 3 weeks so quite pleased:)

That is fantastic especially when ur not feeling too great. Well done x

:wow:thats fantastic hun, well done, but hope your feeling a bit better than yesterday...xx

Thanks denise I am surprised I lost that much lol and I'm feeling a bit better thanks.

yesterday I managed 40 mins on the bike in one session, which is amazing.

However my food intake although better then Tuesday is not brilliant, I really need to work at improving that.

breakfast
couscous porridge

lunch
salad, small piece of vegetable omlette

dinner
half a chapati
a desert spoon of chicken curry
salad

snack
1 sainsbury black pepper thin
----
my food is crap i know i need to eat the full 1200 minimum but I am struggling. I know the quickest way would be to eat something unhealthy but I don't want to fall off the wagon (so to speak) I can't trust myself yet to be able to say eat a full chocolate bar then not want another lol

oh well hopefully there will be some improvement today.

The last few days have been tough. Tough for the wrong reasons. My problem is I am struggling to eat, although I realise this I don't want to go down the route of eating junk in order to increase my calorie intake. Because I will then revert to my old eating patterns which I can't risk.

I am forcing myself to eat and am maybe managing I hope a reasonable amount, but I doubt I am hitting 1000 calories. I need to sort this out somehow.

Today I managed 30 mins on the bike, I am really enjoying it now and I feel invigorated afterwards. At the beginning it was a chore, sitting on the saddle is still uncomfortabel lol but at least I am enjoying it.

Foodwise

breakfast
couscous
0% yogurt
frozen berries
coffee with skimmed milk

lunch
banana
apple

dinner
half chapati
chicken curry
salad

Anyway, hopefully today will be better

Hi believer77 - How come you're struggling to eat? Do you not like the food on your diet or feeling unwell?

Hi greenduck,

The diet was going ok just had some difficult stuff going on in my life which has has affected my eating. I just think full of stress so struggling to manage my food correctly.

Food for last two days has been okayish

Saturday
----------
Slice of warburton with Philadelphia light

Lunch
------
Half chapati
Spoon of curry
Salad

Dinner
--------
Same as above lol

---
Snack wise no snacks - was pleased as went to see some relatives and were offered all kinds of sweet things and all I had was a diet coke! Amazing.
Also had a walk down to the local pond. Was only 15 minutes or so but still something. Due to being busy only managed 15 minutes on the bike but better then nothing.

Sunday
--------
Breakfast
Warburton with a tiny bit of omlette which everyone else was eating

Lunch
Curry
Half chapati and salad

Dinner
Went to a BBQ
So had one white roll with cheese and burger :/
3 small chicken wings
A piece of chicken (boneless)
Salad

Although there were no diet drinks on offer I had water rather then full fat

Also my partner and I have started the 30 day plank challenge. Took the kids to the park on Sunday and they got ice creams and I chucked the left over away rather then finishing it!

Getting happier on how things are going

I know I will get a loss this week but it may go up a bit after once eating has normalised a bit more. Will see.

aww sweetie, I'm glad your on the up and feeling a little bit better...x

thanks denise :)
Hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter for me.
I need to catch up on your diary! Haven't had a chance to read properly the last few days.

aww, nothing too exciting has been happening, few days out but food wise fully on track, I was reading a thread on here about if I was to increase my syns then I would have bigger losses...hmm what do you think? I don't want to go back to eating c**p as that for me will be a downward spiral.... I was looking through the book at takeaway meals and was surprised that I could have a Chicken Dansak from Indian for only 6.5 syns, my usual Indian would be a Chicken Doupiaza but that wasn't listed...I'm lucky as I don't like creamy main courses. I'm thinking when I get to my stone award I may have to indulge in a sensible takeaway...lol

It does make sense but I can see your fear too. I'm keeping away from unhealthy foods/junk food at the moment because I don't trust my self control yet fully lol. I'd rather I used my allowance for something not too bad. (If that makes sense)

I've actually been a bit surprised that things I would think would be really calorific aren't actually that bad. I guess you still need to go by how you feel. Do I trust myself only to have x amount rather then over indulging.

How many syns are you allowing for at the moment?

On a side note I'm thinking whether to get the fakeaway book as heard good things about it. Maybe I should join a club for a week or so lol.

For some reason I really want to get into the 14 stones as that would prove I am going the right way to me. Doesn't matter what everyone else says but until I can feel I'm achieving something it doesn't really have a great impact on my self esteem.

Did you start the 30 day abs challenge?

hey, I started the abs challenge but other stuff got in the way lol....I think I will wait until I've lost a little more weight not as much weight to hold up lol.

I have tended not to have syns in the week probably averaging 2 or 3 for dressing but the last 2 sundays I had 11 last Sunday to account for my mums roast dinner, and this sunday 4 to account for a Yorkshire pud and gravy. I dont want to have them for the sake of having, I needed a flat bread on Saturday for our BBq so that was 7 and the Sat before I had 6 for a wholemeal roll for my SW burger. I don't feel I'm missinng out on anything though.

Just did a 40 minute session on the exercise bike. And I feel good! I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Am no long thinking that x minutes still to go. More now thinking I'm up to 25 mins not log left now. :)

hey, I started the abs challenge but other stuff got in the way lol....I think I will wait until I've lost a little more weight not as much weight to hold up lol.

I have tended not to have syns in the week probably averaging 2 or 3 for dressing but the last 2 sundays I had 11 last Sunday to account for my mums roast dinner, and this sunday 4 to account for a Yorkshire pud and gravy. I dont want to have them for the sake of having, I needed a flat bread on Saturday for our BBq so that was 7 and the Sat before I had 6 for a wholemeal roll for my SW burger. I don't feel I'm missinng out on anything though.

If you aren't using all your syns then technically you could increase the usage and should still lose weight. If you have that type of control (i dont :p) I think the idea of keeping them for the when you need is good. It means you can relax abit without worrying when you need the extra leeway.

Ok,

yesterdays food diary

breakfast
magic porridge made with couscous, 0 % greek yogurt, frozen berries

Lunch
was a bit rushed - had a banana and two tangerines

Dinner
Chapati, lamb curry and salad

Also managed 40 minutes session on the bike, incase no one saw the entry above:p
Also on day 3 of the 30 day plank challenge - did 30 seconds. Which was bloody hard, don't know how I will get to 5 minutes. But will try.

----

I am feeling really positive at the moment. My clothes feel looser although I haven't actually lost that much. I am hoping this is due to the exercise I am doing. But I am getting close to a weight I haven't been at for at least 3 years. I never thought I would get back to anything near a normal weight. Although then again I have never really been a normal weigh, so its quite motivating to think maybe I will get there now.

I am trying, my relationship with food has changed, I no longer eat to bursting. I eat what I think is a reasonable amount, before that i don't know what to call it...mechanism..wasn't working. Then my idea of eating was to eat until I felt stuffed. But thats gone though.

My clothes feel looser, I can climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath. I enjoy exercising. This isn't me, its someone else lol.

At the moment I feel nothing can knock me off track. The bad news I had last week could have ruined things but it didn't, I didn't turn to food, I just carried on with my new way of eating.

Lets see if I have a good loss tomorrow. I know I will have a loss as I am wearing clothes I haven't worn in two years at least.

Last edited:
i have to remember to add dates to my entries, as otherwise when trying to find when I took my measurements it doest work too well lol as I didn't note down the date :D

You are also doing really well hun, I'm proud of you for not caving in last week, thats amazing and the exercise is great. I also had a bit of a trying on session yesterday and a few items came back out of the 'one day i'll get back into box' just goes to show the inches are moving....that's what will keep us motivated...I had a look at some dresses last night on the Wallis website and I have seen the one I want for the wedding I am adament I will be at least a size 16 by 2nd August this year I think I'm about a size 18& half now lol depending on make of clothing.

Its a lovely feeling getting into clothes from the "when I lose weight pile". I never really thought I would loose anything so to actually achieve it is amazing. I am sure you will get to the dress size no problem. Remember one step at a time.

food diary

breakfast
couscous porridge

lunch
banana
apple
chicken salad

dinner
half chapati
lamb curry
salad

Back