I just want to lose 1 pound.

You look like you've got a great handle on the healthy eating bit. I'm the same as you in that I don't think losing weight should require too much effort I won't pay to go to a class or use an ap either. :oops:
thank you, i agree, I think losing weight should somewhat fit into your regular life and shouldn't require too much effort. Like exercising regularly is hard enough imagine now having to go to group meetings, count everything I eat, points...all that. It couldn't be me,lol.

Day 6 -

I woke up feeling good today. I had so much energy and I was very productive. I Also did my pussycat dolls workout DVD.

Breakfast: Green Tea, oatmeal, soya milk.
Lunch: Bread, avocados, orange,yogurt.
Dinner:Rice, potato stew with meat inside, cranberry juice.

Protein:1
Carbs:3
Dairy:2
Fruits & veggies: 4
Junk:0

Now, i'm tired,lol.

So, i shamefully finished a whole entire packet of pringles yesterday. I just couldnt find that strength to stop myself from eating them. They were just there and I evaporated the whole pack. It was like all of the strength I had used up to say no to junk food all week just left. It shamelessly tasted so good, it made me feel so good. *sigh. I wanted to stop because I have never finish the whole packet in one sitting before, I don't even like pringles like that but there were just there, and I had them and I didnt want to stop eating until it was finished.

I ended up not having dinner because I just left so bloated.

But today is a new day and I have confessed and now I can move on. A new week.

Well done on the loss! One step at a time - you will eventually get to your goal!
As for the Pringles, it does happen... As a helping aid, would perhaps a thought diary work for you? Trying to explore why you reacted in a certain way to seek comfort in food? After all we eat (and can't stop) usually due to some underlying issue, at least, I know I do. I overeat when I'm feeling anxious and stressed about something and it's a way to escape it for a while. Is there a way to not have these foods in the house - at least in the short term?

Well done on the loss! One step at a time - you will eventually get to your goal!
As for the Pringles, it does happen... As a helping aid, would perhaps a thought diary work for you? Trying to explore why you reacted in a certain way to seek comfort in food? After all we eat (and can't stop) usually due to some underlying issue, at least, I know I do. I overeat when I'm feeling anxious and stressed about something and it's a way to escape it for a while. Is there a way to not have these foods in the house - at least in the short term?

Aw, just knowing im not the only one who uses food as an escape makes the situation more real.
I think I definitely eat junk to run away and forget about what is going on. I am applying for Graduate scheme's now and I had like two companies where I had to do these silly aptitude/ numerical/verbal/logical tests and I really want this but I have been getting rejections or failing some of the tests so in the past few days I have been feeling stressed because of that (luckily i passed the tests on one company but I have to wait a week or so to see if I move forward).

Or it could be I wanted to self-sabotage myself I don't know.

But it's weird today that thing in your brain that tells you to stop eating during a meal was louder than before. I didn't finish my meals.

Also, I stay with my family and I have told them to stop buying crisps, since im the only one that eats them and their my biggest weakness. But I think someone bought the pringles and they were just there. But I think even writing about it, thinking about pringle incident makes me aware of what I did, so hopefully in the future I might hesitate for a few more seconds before eating them.

But i'm happy I didn't binge again today, even though the thought crossed my mind somehow I stopped and I ate well so tomorrow I will make an effort to workout and eat healthy.

I do the shopping in our house and have deliberately stopped buying temptations. I've bought healthier crisps and fruit and cereal bars rather than have Pringles or chocolate in the house

Ah graduate schemes... What did you study? I have yet to embark on the joy of them... I'm in my final year at the moment - which is stressful enough as it is!
I'm not going to tell you that stress and anxiety over all of this is something that can be brushed off... It can't, we each experience these things differently.. But you have identified the trigger, which is a positive step. Is there a hobby you can indulge in when you feel the stress hunger? I've recently started painting miniatures as well as finding some mobile app puzzle games which make me relax and make the time pass by. If you can hold off snacking, the hunger does usually pass. :)

Ah graduate schemes... What did you study? I have yet to embark on the joy of them... I'm in my final year at the moment - which is stressful enough as it is!
I'm not going to tell you that stress and anxiety over all of this is something that can be brushed off... It can't, we each experience these things differently.. But you have identified the trigger, which is a positive step. Is there a hobby you can indulge in when you feel the stress hunger? I've recently started painting miniatures as well as finding some mobile app puzzle games which make me relax and make the time pass by. If you can hold off snacking, the hunger does usually pass. :)

I studied accounting and finance, graduate schemes are hard, everything is just long but hopefully, I will get something related to my degree soon. What are you doing? Final year, was the hardest year of my education. I gained so much weight that year,lol.

It feels like it has been forever since I updated on here. I think I just kinda stopped thinking about losing weight as much, The pressure and stress of it all. I want to make an effort to work out regularly and not to think about it as much. I remember someone saying that to be successful in losing weight it's good to not always think about what you going to eat or all that stuff.

Well, I kinda get it now, I have been making an effort to eat healthy and I'm even having Pistachio nuts, I have switched from having golden syrup oatmeal to that the plain no flavor oatmeal, but I found that the chunky ones taste good or maybe I'm so used to oatmeal now, i don't know.

I also went on amazon and I searched emotional eating. And there were a lot of books there but I ended up trying this book called Never Binge again. It was free on kindle so I thought let me try it out. I like it so far, I like reading books on healthy eating and stuff, it gives me a temporary motivation.

Finally, I weighed myself this morning because I felt my tummy was a bit tighter than it was before.

And I went on the scale and I have lost 3.2 pounds since the last time I weighed myself so I am now 207.2 ib. Yayy, I was surprised. I was not expecting that. I'm just so happy that the weight is going down. I went for a walk this morning after the weigh-in. I want exercise to become a part of my regular routine. Oh, let me get that little ticker, I will probably have my highest weight as 213.2ib since that's the same as myfitnessplanner.

Yay well done on the loss! And I found the same too, in relation to not thinking about weight loss so much. Previously when I dieted, it was a 'diet' mindset and it was all or nothing and a single derailment would just throw everything out the window... This time, I'm just trying to eat healthy day by day, having a day off here and there, and the weight loss is just a bonus. I don't weigh myself often and I don't consider myself "on a diet" and that definitely helps! :D
And yeah, I agree that the final year of University is stressful! Luckily for me, it's not my first degree, so I generally know what to expect. I'm doing Computer Science this time around. :)

Well done on the weight loss, doesn't it feel great! I find when I'm 'dieting' all I think about is food, which isn't good. But I guess if I'm thinking about it, I'm less likely to eat something without thinking about it, if you know what I mean!? I also find that if I set myself a goal (like lose 2 lbs or whatever) once I achieve that I kind of relax and am more likely to slip back into bad eating habits ~ because I'm thinking I've done it ~ so now I try to not have a set amount to lose, I just plan for the weight to come off, rather than go on. Good luck :)

Day 6 -

I woke up feeling good today. I had so much energy and I was very productive. I Also did my pussycat dolls workout DVD.

Breakfast: Green Tea, oatmeal, soya milk.
Lunch: Bread, avocados, orange,yogurt.
Dinner:Rice, potato stew with meat inside, cranberry juice.

Protein:1
Carbs:3
Dairy:2
Fruits & veggies: 4
Junk:0

Now, i'm tired,lol.

If you really want to get that weight moving fast I wouldn't have rice AND potatoes in one meal.

If you really want to get that weight moving fast I wouldn't have rice AND potatoes in one meal.

d0fcf917-8979-471f-963f-7cf66bfad7dd.gif

I is backkkk

It's been a mess but these are my weight results since the last time I was here.

Start weight when I started the thread:
211.4Ib -> 22 Oct 2017
210.4Ib -> 29 Oct 2017
207.7Ib -> 19 Novermber 2017 (last weigh-in mentioned on here)
203.6Ib -> 25 February 2018 (my lowest, I was almost out of the 200's.)
205Ib -> 25 March 2018 (but alas life isn't like that lol)
206.4Ib -> 15 May 2018
207.2Ib -> 22 May 2018
209.2Ib -> 1 June 2018 (here i was back to eating junk and not working out *sigh)
I stopped eating crisps my weakness and then I started working out again. It was hard and I am probably still am unfit but that first workout was......difficult however I finished it and it felt good.
207.6Ib -> 12 June 2018 (today's weigh in, honestly didn't think I had lost anything since my body doesn't show any changes but I have and I have just finished a Davina workout today, it was hard but I did it)

Back