I looked in my wardrobe and cried.....

Shabba

Loves the Nom Nom!!!
This is the sad part about dieting.
Im really struggling to find anything to wear, im on a tight budget so i cant just go out and buy a new outfit each week, i have to make things last. Someone at work told me i now look like a clown because my work trousers are so baggy but i cant really afford another pair because they will end up the same and its a waste of good money. :cry:

So last night i stood and looked in my wardrobe and cried as i took my big clothes out. I have a few summer skirts, a holiday top, 2 jumpers, 1 pair of jeans, 4 work tops and some 3/4's left. :cry:
I had a wardrobe full to bursting!!!!!

Im at a low point on the diet but i need to keep going. It will be my birthday in october and i guess i can have new clothes then. :rolleyes:

Just think about what you have achieved - you are down over 2 stone and come October you will be down more and you'll have a wardrobe that you'll love. I am in the same boat as you....no funds to buy clothes as I am out of work sick. I have some clothes that still fit (of course they are all trackkie type things). But I am trying to keep myself from buying stuff till I lose more weight.

Sending you hugs. :hug99:

I know exactly how you feel. I have "fat" clothes that I am now too small for and "thin" clothes that I bought or had bought for me when I was thinner before but not much in between. I seem to be wearing black all the time as that's the colour of the only things that fit. Do you know anyone who is good at dressmaking or somewhere that will do alterations cheaply. Last time I lost a lot of weight I got my sister in law to take in a few things she even adjusted my jeans. Although it wasn't as great as having new things that fit perfectly, it made my wardrobe options look a bit better and I felt better wearing them, and it's cheaper than buying a new wardrobe of clothes that you know you'll be to small for in a few months time. The other option which is to check out some of the second hand/ charity stores in really posh areas. (I say posh areas because they are usually the places that you have people who can afford to replace their wardrobe regularly) My mum works part time in one as a volunteer and she gets almost brand new clothes coming in and sometimes even new stuff for barely any cost. She sent me a skirt that cost her 50p and it is stunning and it fits my now size 14 frame. I don't care about the second hand part I just tell myself that it means more money for the stunning new little black dress I will be buying myself when I reach my target.
Well done on your fantastic weight loss so far and keep your chin up!!:)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i just needed a moan. Im having problems at work again which doesnt help and just adds to it all.

I've found 2 skirts on ebay that are cheap and i've asked OH to bid on them if they stay cheap, so all i need now are a couple of el cheapo vest tops which Primark can supply me i guess.

I just looked at the pile of clothes last night and was so disheartend. I have a gorgeous skirt that i thought was a size 16 and it isnt, so now that doesnt fit me LOL im such a doof!

Im desperate to go charity clothes shopping, havent been in years! Must go do it in the city in a few months!!!! :D im a country bumpkin so the big city is daunting :giggle:

Hi Shabba, I feel for you on this. I haven't lost anything yet but I'm on a very tight budget and there will come a time I have this exact same problem. It's also a bit disheartening, as you said, to see perfectly good clothes that are now too big for you!
I really like the idea of finding someone to do a few alterations for you, it can work really well. I'm a country bumkin too - I was laughing here when I read how you find the city to be daunting - I do. I get all jittery with all the people and the noise!

Glad you've had your moan, hope work gets a bit better for you, and fingers crossed for the ebay bids!

Hi I know how you feel, I'm on a tight budget and I've a wardrobe of big black clothes that are too big, I've some old work clothes that were hardly worn that are too small but I won't wear , you say your a size 16? I've a few bits you can have if you like, all free they are as new and will be nice for work?
Maybe a thread on here would be good clothes exchange?
Let me know and I'll send you them? x

Thanks again guys,

Im perking up slightly in the hope i get the skirts :giggle:

some of the clothes arent worth altering because they're that worn :( I will see about getting some of the newer clothes done.

Bastet, i hate the big city, always frightened ill get shot or stabbed! you hear so many bad stories so i just go on the train and get in and out as fast as i can. I've been once in 2 years :giggle:

Bastet, i hate the big city, always frightened ill get shot or stabbed! you hear so many bad stories so i just go on the train and get in and out as fast as i can. I've been once in 2 years :giggle:

Shabba I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know I'm not the only one who thinks like this!!
I go on the train, nearest big city is Manchester. I get in, do what has to be done, and get out again asap. I last went in May this year, and before that it was January 09.
God only knows what I'd do if I ever have to go to London for anything!

Shabba I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know I'm not the only one who thinks like this!!
I go on the train, nearest big city is Manchester. I get in, do what has to be done, and get out again asap. I last went in May this year, and before that it was January 09.
God only knows what I'd do if I ever have to go to London for anything!

LOL no your not the only one! My OH thinks im a bit nuts though, our nearest city is Nottingham and it has a bad rep. He stayed in Notts for a while so he's used to it! I grew up in a "big" village where we spent all summer in the fields and climbing trees and im happy there :giggle:

hi, i no its not ideal but y dont u try looking at the charity shops sometimes u can find some nice things, and it will only be till october. well done with losing so much, u should be proud not sad!

I have had the same problem with clothes too. The suggestion of looking in the charity shops is a good one - I've had some really nice things, nearly new, from charity shops for next to nothing. Also ebay! Just a thought, if you have some clothes that are too big for you now and they are in a reasonable condition, put them on ebay - even if you sell them for 99p plus the cost of p&p, if you sell ten things, that's £10 to go out and buy your new vest tops! There might be people out there who are losing and have just moved in to your old size and are doing the same thing and would be glad of your clothes for the same reason!

Good luck!

Lesley

thanks guys! I got my 2 skirts on ebay and OH has said i can go primarni for some tops :giggle: I usually spend £2 on a top so the cash will go far!

I dont sell on ebay anymore because by the time i've posted it and paid my fees i have nothing left, i only have the 1 skirt in good cond anyway LOL everything else i've worn to death!

Maybe we should start a clothes sale/ exchange thread on here if you pay by paypal and list it as a gift you don't pay any fees. I'm on a tight budget too and don't have much that fits. I'm living in leggings at the moment!

I was thinking last night how good an idea it is but im not interested in getting money for it, as long as they get worn im happy. All i have left to give is a long skirt :giggle:

how about looking at freecycle and putting a wanted ad in for the sizes you are looking for - also car boot sales i got a lovely pair of skirts for 50p the other day . also how about a swap party with some people in your ww group I presently have 5 different size clothes in my wardrobe I am hypothyroid and my weight has been the bane of my life of late - but last week lost 5lbs so happy bunny!

I know how you feel, unfortunately i buybuybuy because i love that smaller clothes fit me; on friday i went into M&S tried on some size 12 jeans and combat things, though ahhh why not just for the laugh see how close i am to fitting into them........ both of them fitted! so off to the counter to pay i went! .. i dont have a job lmao i cant afford to spend my savings which ive worked hard for, for so many years! lol... i need to stop! ... but also ebay is the worse! soo cheap and sooo lovelyyy! :(

I am struggling too; I emptied my wardrobe a couple of weeks ago of everything that was too big and was left with a couple of vest tops and trousers that I wear for work and a couple of other vest tops and that is it! I am on a budget with OH only just finding a part time job after being made redundant 18mths ago, so there is no money to be spending! The bad thing is that all the clothes are in good condition, so maybe I should think about selling them or something...

Back