I lost some weight!!!

carving pumpkins is so fun:D we never get any trick or treaters at our house, i'm not even sure my mum's bought any sweets in this year, which i guess i should be thankful for! Falling on a Monday Halloween will be just another day in the cow household hmph!!

Cat is stuck somewhere!! Must go find him! Hope you had a good weekend!!!

I've really not been able to diet at all recently, have stayed the same weight which is amazing considering what I've been eating. The inspiration I had for doing this has upped and left and honestly I've been pretty half hearted about getting back on track...

Am hoping that I might be re-inspired sometime soon enough - or maybe I should have a go at re-inspiring meself not sure

Hope everyone's doing well
x

(((blossums)))
I kind of stopped dieting reallt for a couple of weeks as well :/ *kind of* been doing it again this week though... hope you sort it all out soon:)

Hope you are okay bossums? The mind plays a big part in this dieting malarkey hun, and when your mind isn't feeling up to the challenge, it is so difficult to do. I've had an odd week mysef, not food wise, but just feeling fed up and hungry!!! we all get days and weeks like that, don't worry ad don't pressurise yourslef, the lightbulb will click back on hun, it is so difficult to keep focused I know, but please don't give up, or stop believing..you will do this and its not a race, take your time, even little losses every few weeks add up...so keep optimistic, set your self a wee mini xmas goal....and take a nice stroll towards achieving it! :) take care hun x

Been a bit low this last week or so, the labyrinthitis came back, only fairly mildly but it is so debilitating and I hadn't had any effects from it for months. Am glad to say it only lasted a week and was only mild but it does get me down each time it comes back

Guess is understandable - the forst time I had it I was good for nothing for months, felt so ill all the time too

Need to keep reminding myself that it's getting better each time, and lasting less and less long each time too

Going to collect my first Zumba thingie this evening - it's for the wii, looking forward to having a go at it, and hoping it'll get me back into exercising, haven't really exercised much at all recently

xx

You'll be ok Blossums, it just takes time. Be patient with yourself, keep at it and you will lose the weight. I just think it is extra hard this time of year, with all the Christmas treats appearing in the shops, it puts ideas in your head!

Thanks Bluecow and Barb
And Bluecow don't worry been spending quite a bit of time in bed!

Am sorry I've been so awol lately, labyrinthitis has been very on again off again, I keep thinking it's gone then it comes back - am thinking that the mild cold I've had keeps setting it off - must go back to see dr!

Diet has been completely out of the window, last time I weighed myself I'd put on 4 lbs! Have been slightly obsessed with eating - wanting to eat all the time, even straight after a meal!!

It almost feels like losing weight was something I made up in my head, feels like such a long time ago, and such a completely different headspace too

I do want to lose more weight long term, am not in right headspace at mo that's for sure

All the best everyone
x

I'd just try having a go at maintaining for a while. Maybe go for right through winter. I know a lot of us on here have been saying that since the clocks changed we've wanted to eat and felt a lot more hungry.

Just try keeping the naughty stuff under control and not letting go of any new habits you've acquired. I have an "instead of rather than as well as" philosophy, so if I want crisps/chocolate then I don't have them after a meal as a treat, I have them instead of the meal/snack that was due.

Anyway a pound a week still equates to almost 4 stones off at the end of a year, slower it comes off the longer it stays off as the saying goes.

I agree with tranquility, i am finding it difficult since the weather got colder and darker :)..but trying to be as good as I can..when I can..the whole motivation thing is going to come a calling soon for us all i think!

Thanks ladies

Maintaining through winter is actually a very appealing idea for me, possibly having a few days dieting here and there to take off a bit of the weight I've put on

I can tell that the kind of hungriness I've been feeling recently tho isn't just normal wintery wanting a few extra calories - it's emotional eating - where you just want to eat and eat even though you're not even hungry anymore

It's interesting I know for me hat doing well at losing weight really brought up some issues for me and am guessing it'll be worth looking at those too - not sure

I was thinking of re-watching a series of programmes that really did motivate me to change my ways, see if it works again

All the best everyone
x

I'm with you Blossums, it is so much harder at the moment. I think Christmas looming has an effect too. I think keeping it off, if not actually losing represents some kind of progress!

Just popped in, as I weighed myself for the first time in a couple months today, and I wanted to check which weight I had gotten down to, I've put on 6 lbs in the last 2 months. Am actually surprised it's so little - have had various health problems again which have put exercise out the window

Might be nice to have another go soonish tho

x

Hiya :) nice to see you here..that's a good gain if you see what i mean? I gained 17lbs on a 6 weeek break and struggling to get back on the wagon..but the day is coming!!! :)

have a nice day x

hiya Rose :)

Yes I know what you mean, and yes it's not bad is it :)
Hope you're ok luvvie, doesn't sound like you to have gone off the wagon, hope you find it again soon enough hey
Take care
x

Back