I Love Me....

Missjlouise

Silver Member
....Well I have to start somewhere ... Ive tried the I hate me approach and it just ends up with me starving myself to the tune of a certain image of who I want to be.... She does not exist.... I do!

I admire slimming world because it never leaves me hungry! It encourages me to cook from scratch and really makes me feel like Im making good choices rather than "skinny" choices!

I have found a plan I can follow. Even though im not happy with my shape I no longer let it define me but rather let it define my choices one step at a time one day at a time!

My weigh in is on a Monday and I have lost 4 lb so far

I am currently 13 st and would like to be 9st!

More realistically I want to lose at least 2 lb a week!

As of tommorrow im going to write down everything I eat!

Why do I continuously decide to check the syn values AFTER I have indulged...

ELEVEN AND A HALF SYNS for a 4 fingered KITKAT wooooow!!!!!

Indulged...that word alone sounds chunky

I'm very unprepared today ...woke up late and ran out the house!

I have a lukewarm yougurt in my bag and I can buy a jacket potato on my lunch!

Nothing beats a well prepared, motivated achievable day :(

I have been invited to do a course at church which I have been waiting to do for 6 months :)

Only thing is its on Mondays for 6 weeks...my weigh in days!

I will have to be weighed the same week but on Saturdays at 9 AM....wow. Helen is a great consultant though so it will be great start to the day.

I was all prepared for weigh in on Monday and now i have an extra 5 days until weigh in so I'm going to push myself to see if I can achieve my first half stone!

I know its only 3 lbs to go but I will have to really watch myself beacuse I love SYNS!

Might have to dig out the ol 30 day shred :( poor me

Last edited:
I completely agree with the comments you make about the dropping the self hate thing. Its a long time to not like yourself and now Im approaching 40 (a couple of years yet) Im bored of it - this is me, if I dont like me now I never will!!!
You'll soon have those 3lbs off - good luck

Exactly and if you don't love yourself you send off " nobody love me " signals lol
Weightloss is much more fun when you love who you are but want to make the most of yourself! Its really important to enjoy exercise aswell for the same reasons.

Well done on your 5% :)

I dont like been envious ... Its crazy how when someone looks better than me it can make me feel so intimidated and so embarrassed about how I look! Its a problem because I just send off immature jealous signals and shrivel up into my own little world which actually draws attention for all the wrong reasons!

Will getting to target really deal with that situation? It could even get worse :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Missjlouise said:
I dont like been envious ... Its crazy how when someone looks better than me it can make me feel so intimidated and so embarrassed about how I look! Its a problem because I just send off immature jealous signals and shrivel up into my own little world which actually draws attention for all the wrong reasons!

Will getting to target really deal with that situation? It could even get worse :(

I know exactly what u mean about seeing other people looking better than u. I recently went to bfs home town for the 1st time and met loads of his mates and their gfs. I was convinced he would be comparing me to them (air stewardess dolly types) and wondering how he ended up with the fat munter!! Of course it never crossed his mind but it made me more determined than ever to lose the bulk and hopefully feel happier and more confident in myself if I'm going to be around these gorgeous girls in the future.

Just need to make sure it doesn't become unhealthy!! xxx

Hi hun just wanted to say i really like your approach. Its easy when you want to lose weight to hate yourself and bully yourself into losing weight. But it does nothing in the long run.

Also have to agree with what you said about feeling envious of other people. I have always felt like the 'big girl' amongst my friends and family, and have always felt different. My sisters are both tiny with straight hair while im bigger with curly wurly hair. All ive ever wanted was to be like them.

Am looking forwards to reading your diary. Good luck xx

Well thank God for that I really thought I was crazy .... You have both just made me feel very normal!

We never see ourselves through other peoples eyes ... Maybe if we did we'd be stuck up b*******

I suppose its normal human nature and its something we have to go through to learn to love ourselves!

Funky - curly hair is amazing :) especially if it matches your personality !

Thankyou both for making me smile

Well today is the day ....

Im going to brave the 30 day shred .....

Last edited:
Missjlouise said:
Well today is the day ....

Im going to brave the 30 day shred .....

I have just been to put the DVD on and it doesnt work ???? :( its not often I have that much motivation either ... Oh well back to Zumba on the Wii

Last edited:
Missjlouise said:
Well thank God for that I really thought I was crazy .... You have both just made me feel very normal!

We never see ourselves through other peoples eyes ... Maybe if we did we'd be stuck up b*******

I suppose its normal human nature and its something we have to go through to learn to love ourselves!

Funky - curly hair is amazing :) especially if it matches your personality !

Thankyou both for making me smile

Aw thanks hun!! Must admit ive started to fall back in love with it again after years of straightening it. I think im gradually accepting myself more which i do think is actually making dieting easier!!

It turns out I can weigh in tonight after all. My course doesn't start until 7:30pm :) :( can't decide?

I'm not expecting a loss but I'm going anyway to my group at 5pm on the dot to show my body I'm COMMITTED .... :sigh:

Last edited:
1 lb on :(

It's not a big gain and u can easily pull it back if ur in the right frame of mind xxx

It still hurt though I was so annoyed with myself :)

So I gained 1lb... It hurt adjusting my signature and statistics and it hurt looking at the back of my precious food optimising book and seeing a plus sign for the first time...:(:(:cry::cry::(:(

.... But that was yesterday and today is today BRING IT ON :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

My day started crazy and I ran out the house with no breakfast and a forgotten packed lunch! My card had been cloned and cancelled so I'm waiting for my new card therefore had no money to buy any dinner!

My friend Heather came to the rescue and bought me some strawberries and a sandwich! I went straight to my food diary and planned my day! Thats how I got up and shook it off and planned for the new week!

I woke up this morning because i'm meant to be here and if I'm meant to be here I want to make the most of been here in the best possible body with the best possible attitude. How else will I get through life's drama's?

I'm glad I joined Minimins the week I gained. I'm glad I had to make all those adjustments and watch my weightloss % drop! It just proved even more so to me to that I have to try harder to avoid all those pitfalls. 1lb DOES matter DOES make a difference and for that reason I am aiming to lose that and a few of its friends next weigh in ;)

So I gained 1lb... It hurt adjusting my signature and statistics and it hurt looking at the back of my precious food optimising book and seeing a plus sign for the first time...:(:(:cry::cry::(:(

.... But that was yesterday and today is today BRING IT ON :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

My day started crazy and I ran out the house with no breakfast and a forgotten packed lunch! My card had been cloned and cancelled so I'm waiting for my new card therefore had no money to buy any dinner!

My friend Heather came to the rescue and bought me some strawberries and a sandwich! I went straight to my food diary and planned my day! Thats how I got up and shook it off and planned for the new week!

I woke up this morning because i'm meant to be here and if I'm meant to be here I want to make the most of been here in the best possible body with the best possible attitude. How else will I get through life's drama's?

I'm glad I joined Minimins the week I gained. I'm glad I had to make all those adjustments and watch my weightloss % drop! It just proved even more so to me to that I have to try harder to avoid all those pitfalls. 1lb DOES matter DOES make a difference and for that reason I am aiming to lose that and a few of its friends next weigh in ;)
Hi, I have to say that I love the title of your diary and your whole attitude towards getting to where you want to be. Good luck.....I am sure you will do it.

I also liked your comment about waking up because "you were meant to be here" and about making the most of it. That is going to be my mantra from now on. Genius. Thanks for sharing that x

Thank you so much Chelsea Lou ... Lets hope it pays off :)

Yea I have bursts of inspiration its just difficult always staying on top of the attitude ... Been 100% so far though ... Very proud of myself ( even though its only been 3 days) lol

Thank you so much Chelsea Lou ... Lets hope it pays off :)

Yea I have bursts of inspiration its just difficult always staying on top of the attitude ... Been 100% so far though ... Very proud of myself ( even though its only been 3 days) lol

You're doing very well.....pretty soon you will be saying you've been 100% for 3 weeks :D

Looking forward to seeing your first week's weight loss.
xx

Back