I love The Biggest Loser programme

Don't push yourself hun, they are under expert supervision. You should only do what is sustainable x

I will, don't worry. I'll probably give up the morning runs after a couple of days as I'm crap at getting up in the morning!! x :p

I hadn't seen any adverts for it at all but caught the 2nd show so am Sky+ the rest! lol
Really basic compared to the american one though.. the difference in the gym is unreal! :p
Enjoying the 'couples' aspect of it, worked well in the american series. :)

They used to have the same Gym as the American one. As I said in the other thread, I am seriously disappointed with this series, they are spreading one week over 5 hours where it used to be one action packed hour a week which had little talking, the challenges, the temptations, the WI and elimination all in one episode. This is too ploddy for my liking

I love watching the biggest loser when I'm on my exercise bike, it keeps me going. The UK one is OK but I like the American one better.
The Australian one starts at 8.30pm on Monday the 4th May, on Sky Real Lives, channel 243.

This series is really dissapointing, I liked the other 2 uk versions, didnt really watch the american ones.

Kate Garraway is not great as a presenter in my opinion, it's really slow, and they stretched out the elimination beyond belief, and did we really have to see the 2 couples begging to stay so many times?

I hope it picks up the pace soon x

I hope it picks up the pace soon x

It's not looking hopeful, I'm bored already & it's only the end of week one!! x :rolleyes:

Yeah me too, I find it a bit boring. However, I did watch the first episode of BL Australia yesterday and thought it was great. Only problem is that I have to sit with my phone on calculator mode to turn the weights from kgs to st n lbs! He he!!!

It's really annoying, I was so looking forward to this series, don't know why they've changed the format so much?

Yeah me too, I find it a bit boring. However, I did watch the first episode of BL Australia yesterday and thought it was great. Only problem is that I have to sit with my phone on calculator mode to turn the weights from kgs to st n lbs! He he!!!
I watched the Australian one and had to keep working out the weight too.

And the UK one would have been better if they'd spent more money on it.

It's really annoying, I was so looking forward to this series, don't know why they've changed the format so much?
They changed it to get more air time out of one series but they obviously didn't think that it was popular before cus people liked the format and now I can't really be bothered with all the waffling!

Have watched the first few episodes of the UK one and think they could have had a better presenter. Think I like the 2 trainers (but not as much as Bob who I adore!) but finding the programmes exciting.

Not started watching Australian one yet.

Hurray for sky plus

Irene xx

After watching their first weigh in I was really dissapointed at the weight losses. There were only a few that had actually lost a substantial amount of weight. If that was me loosing 2-4lbs doing that amount of exercise I would be absolutely gutted. Especially with some of them people over 20st.

They are only in there for 8 weeks so they better step it up if they want to loose a great amount.

Very dissapointed with this series but will still keep watching as I am nosey and want to see what they look like with the weight gone!!

I love the programme and it really inspires me to exercise as well as change my eating habits but I'd be gutted if I only lost what they did in the first week, if my regime was as intense as theirs is! It's on now! lol!

Yes, I quite enjoy it as well but how one person managed to gain this week I just dont understand unless its the wrong time of the month for her

But a gain of 8lbs? It seems a little excessive for everything the have to do on there :( poor lady

Did she have immunity that week? Some of them water-load when they have immunity to guarantee a good loss the following week. I think they should add into the rules that anyone who gains when they have immunity will lose the immunity and be up for elimination

Did she have immunity that week? Some of them water-load when they have immunity to guarantee a good loss the following week. I think they should add into the rules that anyone who gains when they have immunity will lose the immunity and be up for elimination

No she didn't have immunity & I reckon she'll be voted out tomorrow as the other pair in the bottom two didn't really deserve to be there. x

I hope she goes out to be fair...however harsh that sounds. I haven't been able to warm to them as much as some of the other couples and I prefer the other team up for elimination :)

Me too. I don't think he's trying anywhere near hard enough. x

Back