I love XFactor.

Ooh I wonder what the Americans do with their Saturday nights!!X

Lol, well it might be something productive ;) but I know all my American facebook tend to be big on visiting relatives and a fair few have mini breaks Friday to Sunday just about anywhere the road takes them. To be honest my US facebook pals NEVER talk about TV at all. Maybe its just mine but statuses tend to be on eating out with family, going to church and charity drives etc...oh and cooking. There are ALWAYS some pictures of scrummy looking food that theyve, made on my wall.

Perhaps we Brits need to get a life and stop being such telly addicts!! I for one though cannot give up X factor, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly, The Apprentice, Corrie! Thank goodness Big Brother has gone for good!!!X

I only watched it online while sitting on minimins, the only other thing I really watch is CSI...other than that its listening to music or painting (digital painting) but thats out the window at the moment as my daughter put a miscrowave burger on my graphics tablet and melted the drawing surface so I have to (or rather she has to) replace that before I can do anymore.

Perhaps we Brits need to get a life and stop being such telly addicts!! I for one though cannot give up X factor, Britain's Got Talent, Strictly, The Apprentice, Corrie! Thank goodness Big Brother has gone for good!!!X

Why do you need to get a life. It is so healthy to enjoy the escapism of T.V.

I lead a very busy, active and interesting life. I breed horses, I have my 7 dogs, I buy and sell some fabulous antique pieces. I work my antiques unit 3 days a week, I am on my way out now, I go out buying at least one day a week. All our food is home made. I would not dream of buying ready made processed food though I do see it's place and importance in life.

T.V. for me is sheer relaxation and escapism and if I lose myself in it, it's working . it's doing it's job.

My little Breast Cancer support board has just 4 American members and yes they do do more with their weekends , more eating out with family and visiting as was quite rightly said,but all 4 of them are into one programme or another..Sex in the City was one and allsorts of medical type series.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying T.V. as much as we do Heather, nothing at all. We are just very organised being able to fit a busy life in with T.V. It is a bonus to enjoy it so much.;)

I dont think that we have the open road like in America.
when i went there and stayed with family, i cant remember them watching tv or saying "Oh ive got to get home to watch such n such or ive got to Sky + it."

Plus eating out there is so much cheaper than here.

What the hell Xfactor was gooooooood !!!

Why do you need to get a life. It is so healthy to enjoy the escapism of T.V.

I lead a very busy, active and interesting life. I breed horses, I have my 7 dogs, I buy and sell some fabulous antique pieces. I work my antiques unit 3 days a week, I am on my way out now, I go out buying at least one day a week. All our food is home made. I would not dream of buying ready made processed food though I do see it's place and importance in life.

T.V. for me is sheer relaxation and escapism and if I lose myself in it, it's working . it's doing it's job.

My little Breast Cancer support board has just 4 American members and yes they do do more with their weekends , more eating out with family and visiting as was quite rightly said,but all 4 of them are into one programme or another..Sex in the City was one and allsorts of medical type series.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying T.V. as much as we do Heather, nothing at all. We are just very organised being able to fit a busy life in with T.V. It is a bonus to enjoy it so much.;)

That's very true!! I work at 30 hours and sometimes more of shifts per week (including nights) as an cardiac intensive care nurse, dealing with very sick people and their distraught families not to mention stroppy doctors, I run 2 holiday cottages and am also very busy cleaning up after a very messy husband so you're right, there's nothing wrong with a little escapism!! There, I've just justified it to myself! Ha!!X

Justification not needed !!! You do an amazingly worthwhile job and it must have it's really tough times so keep on turning on !

Back