I`M IN A DILEMMA .......HELP !

sonkie

Gold Member
Many of you know I am travelling up to nottingham tomo after kids get back from school.....well my dilemma is we will be staying at a "travel lodge" which is a basic room with no fridge etc, how can I make my drinks up with no cold water.....then I would have to take a pyrex jug and blender with us.

We have to be out of the room by 10 am sat so could have breakfast drink (but not cold), but how can I sort the rest of the day as hospital wont let you use your own goods.

So should I try to get round it ( how ) or just try to eat sensibly for the day ???????

All thoughts and ideas gratefully received.

could take a big bottle cold water..or boil up in kettle....a good hand held blender and plastic jug, big mug and youre away.....

Oh I have no ideas hun!!

Maybe bring bottled water and leave it in the boot of your car til you need it (water is always cold if its been in the boot of my car!!)
Then for the next day, have you got bars you could bring?

I just cant get to a kettle in the hospital, its sat I have the problem with as we have to be out the room by 10 am, then I will be spending the rest of the day at the hospital to make the most of the time with Wayne before travelling back home sat night......!

Hi Sonkie

Sorry about your 'Dimella'! Could you get some tetra's from your CDC before you go?

Dizzyx

Hi Sonkie

can you make up hot drinks - chocolate / caramel / mint choc?
Have you thought of making a couple of packs into muffins / crisps and taking with you?
Failing that I am sure that the relatives room will have facilities for you to use or ask a nurse if you can use the staff facilities [I am sure they will be understanding]

If all else fails have all your packs together in the morning or when you get home
Hope that helps
Nadine

Oh I have no ideas hun!!

Maybe bring bottled water and leave it in the boot of your car til you need it (water is always cold if its been in the boot of my car!!)
Then for the next day, have you got bars you could bring?

I cant tolerate the flapjacks........good idea bout keeping water cool in boot of car....I wont be allowed to use my hand held blender in hospital as any thing electrical has to be tested first

It's one of our favourites to have the chocolate shake hot for breakfast. Mix the powder into a paste and then add boiling water slowing while stiring. We've never blended them they mix up perfectly that way. I make two mug fulls with my one pack.

Dizzy x

Can you have your first shake just before you check out of your room and then the others when you get home? I know it'll be hard, but you have done sooooo well not turning to food up til now that it would be a shame to break it now hun

Sorry Sonkie forgot it was lipotrim. There are beakers you can buy from health food shops that are used as a way of shaking up shakes as they have a water tight lid and shaker bit on the top. You could try to get one of those. They work fairly well.

Dizzy x

Can you have your first shake just before you check out of your room and then the others when you get home? I know it'll be hard, but you have done sooooo well not turning to food up til now that it would be a shame to break it now hun

Looks like that will be the option for me, just we wont be getting home until late on sat, just hope it dont make me ill waiting all day. How much damage would something like a ham salad do....out of interest....lol Just in case

Looks like that will be the option for me, just we wont be getting home until late on sat, just hope it dont make me ill waiting all day. How much damage would something like a ham salad do....out of interest....lol Just in case

I have no idea of the damage, but I would imagine if you have to eat then the best thing would be some plain chicken breast hun

Sorry Sonkie forgot it was lipotrim. There are beakers you can buy from health food shops that are used as a way of shaking up shakes as they have a water tight lid and shaker bit on the top. You could try to get one of those. They work fairly well.

Dizzy x

Yeh thats a good idea, will take my big bag so can carry all my water and a shaker......thanx, think this may be the way to go.

If you can't get the special kind of beaker just one with a lid would do. Get one as big as possible to give plenty of room for shaking. Also hold the top of the lid tight just in case. I know everyone things lumpy shakes are vile although I don't agree. I would also argue that a slightly lumpy shake would be better than nothing at all.

Good luck at the weekend Sonkie!

Dizzy x

Dear Sonkie,

Hope all goes well at the weekend. I'm sure you will be able to help Wayne to look at things more positively. As you know, my brother was recently paralysed and he is now out of hospital and getting himself back to work. He works from Smithfield (Meat Market) and at present is trying to sort out the practical aspects of his job now he is 'confined to a chair'.

My prayers and all positive vibes will be with you every step of the way

Dear Sonkie,

My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

I think that if you are in ketosis and you do break the pattern you are in for the first time, you could find that you feel extremely hungry.

As you have been doing so well and are feeling in control it would be a shame to undo your good work, especially as your intention is to keep on track and your motivation is strong.

The girls have given some great practical ideas and I would agree that keeping some water in the car would be an excellent idea. I keep mine in there lately, because there isn't enough room in my fridge for all the sparkling water I buy. This is for drinking with my CD with the permitted added flavouring.

If you can't get a shaker cup in time, make do with a little hand whisk and crush out any lumps with a spoon.

I would say that although you haven't got the ideal circumstances for Lipotrimming, hang in there, because if you don't - it could all become very difficult to get back to the comfortable place where you are now.

I am speaking from personal experience, as I was on LT for 6 months. I did learn how to cope with mini breaks away from Lipotrim, but the first break was a total disaster.

If you need any advice on taking a break from LT, I will be happy to advise you. In this instance Sonks, I think you haven't had enough time to prepare for the outcome of coming out of ketosis.

Now I have to add my bit about not sole-sourcing for more than 4 weeks unless you are under medical supervision.

Remember to pack bottled water to make up your shakes and plenty of water to drink too.

Sincere regards
Marylyn xx

Back