I made the right choice!!

polar

I have just changed from Cambridge Diet back to Atkins.
How daft was I - trying to live on shakes and no food????
One week of Atkins induction and I lost 6lb having been in a real rut for the past few weeks of gaining 1/2 1 lb or losing 1/2 a lb a week.
Yum, yum, steak for tea!!!

Becki

Hi Becki,

nor me I'm afraid, I barely lasted the day on CD, I would have cheerfully murdered someone to get at food. :D

Hi Becki.... you can't beat a good bit of food!! :D

Hi Polar! Me too! I did a week....yeuk! Then as i had packs left did another week half CD and half atkins, and not lost anything. So its full on atkins for me now, and the bacon and eggs I had for breakfast was worth the change!! :)

I'm seriously considering jumping the CD ship too. I'm constantly crabby, wobbly, dizzy, headachey. I've had to go from SS to SS+ and now I'm considering 810. It's getting me down. It's the fast weight loss that I want as I lost 16lbs in the first 2 weeks and have 5 stone left to lose. I'm unsure what to do.

Hi nelly - i dont think i culd do the cd either! I need food! and with atkins you can have a lot of it. I started 1st jan and cant tell you how much i love it. I havent lost that much weight (yet) but im persevering (such a hardship with all this yummy food)!

I'm seriously considering jumping the CD ship too. I'm constantly crabby, wobbly, dizzy, headachey. I've had to go from SS to SS+ and now I'm considering 810. It's getting me down. It's the fast weight loss that I want as I lost 16lbs in the first 2 weeks and have 5 stone left to lose. I'm unsure what to do.

Nellyphant! Hi hun, I've been wondering how you are all getting on, but not jumped back over to the CD board as i would feel a bit mean talking about eating when you are all still shaking it :(

I am yet to find out how I go this week as its my first proper week (made a grave mistake mixing the CD and atkins, it didnt work). I can feel the pre ketosis headache coming on (im on day 1 properly), but i'm not hungry, which makes a HUGE difference to me sticking to this. Also financially its so much better because I can have what the kids have but without the potatoes/pasta etc. :)

That's the key to our success, especially at first - not feeling hungry, yet being able to eat.

CD does work, and work well, for those who can stick to it properly. I managed 4 weeks before cracking. After that I could only go a maxium of 6 days SS before caving in. I did, however, manage to lose a total of three stones on CD over a period of months by this stop-start method, and by using the 790 plan, so I don't complain. I just could not stick to SS for months on end.

When I began to feel weak and faint, to the point where I would have to lie down, I decided that it probably wasn't for me. But many swear by it, having lost lots of weight, so it is definitely an option for fast loss plus ketosis.

Since we experience ketosis on Atkins too there is no need to follow a VLCD unless you really want very fast losses.

I prefer to eat, these days! But then, don't we all? Way better than starve/binge, my fave old diet method!

Also another huge plus for me as I was (apparently) bordering on diabetes this has got to be good for the up/down strain of blood sugar levels :)

Hi nelly and welcome love. I hope Atkins works for you.

Allison I'm curious about your signature. You tried mixing CD with Atkins and as you say it didn't work. What were you eating, if you don't mind me asking? I've had shakes, soups and bars for the last fortnight. I really need the fast initial weightloss to get me motivated and off my carb addiction. Now i know Atkins works, but for me it was slow (nothing wrong with that, except i have a holiday coming up so i need to lose weight for that i order to get into my summer clothes.) I would have thought that if you stuck to say 20 carbs (like induction) you could stay in ketosis and be eating a vlcd and still be losing weight.?

Hi Nelly
I think you have done the right thing - I dont know about other people but I can lose a consistent 4lb a week on Atkins until I get smaller then it slows down. I would lose 4lb on CD as well - so I used to sit there and think why starve for 4lb when you can eat and lose it just as easily.
I find Atkins just requires more planning - if I know what I am going to eat each day then I am fine -it is if I get in a situation where I cant find the right foods because I havent planned that I go off the rails.
Good luck - hopefully we can all stick together and support each other.
Becki

I've planned all my evening meals until I go shopping and there's plenty in for lunches etc but I planned last night what I was having for breakfast and lunch today and will do sor for the rest of the week. We've been planning evening meals for a long time to cut down on shopping costs as I know what I'm cooking every day so I'm going to keep doing that but also add my other meals too so that I'm not umming and aaahhhing etc.

I'm really thirsty today though from the gammon I guess this morning. On my 4th pint of water already!

Water is good. :D

Also another huge plus for me as I was (apparently) bordering on diabetes this has got to be good for the up/down strain of blood sugar levels :)

I made my decision. Leaving CD.

Alison I am bordering too.

I got diagnosed diabetic on New Years Eve & Atkins has been a God send for me... got my glucose levels from 18.7 to my lowest of 5.0.

Would highly recommend getting on top of it now as it can be 'reversed' if caught early enough.

Good luck. xx

Back