I managed a night out!

paulinequirk

I was at a friend's house tonight for a 'little party' and managed to sit through them eating a Chinese takeaway and drink copious amounts of alcohol with nibbles the whole night! I'm so shocked at myself but I made sure I had my shake while they ate and I wasn't tempted one bit.

Beforehand they had been dubious about my diet, some of them are medical professionals, so know the ins and outs of a vlcd, but once they seen how much energy and determination I had they lightened up. They'd been calling me anti-social because of the diet but then they realised that most 'get-togethers' involve food and alcohol. Isn't it bad that most things revolve around them?

Well done Pauline, that can't have been easy for you. The feeling of achievement afterwards is amazing though, a real confidence boost isn't it?!

well done you!!!

Well done - ive got a night out in a couple of weeks with the girls and they are not impressed that i won't be drinking ! lets hope they don't wear me down before then.

Good for you Pauline, after you'd done it a few more times, they probably won't even notice or comment anymore, none of my friends do now!

That's fantastic, shows your resolve well done : )

Thanks guys!

I nearly slipped up today as it was such a nice day and I was treating the nephews and nieces to ice cream, I ordered one for myself without thinking :O Luckily enough I remembered before the girl scooped it up. Amazing how you think of food without really thinking!

Wow what a star?!

That's some determination you must be so pleased?

Well done,
Kirstie x

Back