I messed up!!! Quickest way to get back into ketosis??

lisabslim

I royally messed up last night!! :( Hubby treated me to a night out at the cinema as we had no kids, I go prepared and packed a bottle of water in my bag and also a bar (just in case I got hungry). However sitting waiting for the film to began hubbys Nacho's looked lovely so my hand creeped over and I nicked one, one then turned into half a tray with salsa and cheese dip. :eek:

The film was great (life of pi) however on the way home hubby was hungry as he hadnt made any dinner so stopped to get a kebabe. I was already annoyed with myself for eating the Nachos however thought in for a penny in for a pound and all that, so decided to also get a small box of chicken donner and lamb donner plus a pot of hummus. :break_diet:

I know I totally messed up and felt so guilty afterwards that I went to bed feeling so bad about myself, full up and feeling quiet sick to be honest.

I did so well on my first week and lost 12lb Im just gutted that I have now ruined it.

Anyway a question to all my fellow slim & savers, what is the quickest way to get yourself back in ketosis and back on the wagon. So far today I have only had water as im feeling so full up still from last night.

Hello congrats on your first weeks weight loss. In regards to your little wobble last night the only thing you can do is jump straight back on the horse carry on today as normal you might feel a bit hungry today but just stay focused. The only real mistakes in life are those you don't learn from and to make any kind of mistake just shows your trying. Remember how bad you felt last night in future temptations put it down to experience and carry on. Don't feel bad just learn and keep going. Best of luck x

Thanks, I just feel so bad today.....Ive not had anything to eat today yet as im still so full from last night. Im just really worried now about going out in the future when food is about.

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes.. :)

The donner meat was high protein at least, so if you are going to go off plan you could have done worse!

I would get back on the packs straight away, don't starve yourself, otherwise you might have a meltdown later and be tempted to cheat.

Get those packs in you again, lots of water and chin up! You're only human and food is tempting..

Little blips won't ruin the diet, but worrying and giving in will. So stay positive, get back on the packs and start thinking of all the lovely summer clothes you will be buying!

Gem x

Also, look at your january target - 14lbs.

You lost 12lbs already, maybe you will gain 1-2lbs from last night.. that leaves over 2 weeks to lose the 4lbs... EASY!

You will still be on target.. :cool:

Jump back on the wagon and don't beat yourself up! BEating yourself up over it is the worst thing to do! xxx

You'll be fine! The worst thing to do is beat yourself up over it and end up falling off the wagon completely!

Just get back on plan straight away and it shouldn't really affect your losses too much. x

Right thats it I am officially a total failure........ Restart number 2 today!! I did so well last week and have previously done weeks on cambridge so really cant understand how I have caved in so easy the last two days....

Last night we went to a quiz night, I started with well intentions ordering sparkling water and then just totally gaved when the cheeseboards came out....

I think for the next 12 weeks I can only stay at home and work because if I go anywhere else I am too tempted.

Life happens, we are human and we make mistakes...

The thing that so many of us do after one mistake is decide that we are a terrible person, we have failed, we aren't going to succeed, whats the point etc and then give up...

The best thing to do is just draw a line under it and start again... As my grandma used to say the only one that fails is the one that fails to try.

try not to beat yourself up. Stand up, brush yourself down, positive attitude.. Now smile... You can do this! Good luck x

I totally understand your post, I tried every day from the 27th of Dec and failed every attempt. I beat myself up terribly for it and that just made me feel worse and cheat again. My hubby and I were chatting about why I couldn't get going again and he said to me, you've done it before, you can do it again and i am doing it ! So i restarted 4 days ago successfully, My head is back in now, you can do it ..... You know you can ! Go for it ! X

lisabslim said:
Right thats it I am officially a total failure........ Restart number 2 today!! I did so well last week and have previously done weeks on cambridge so really cant understand how I have caved in so easy the last two days....
Honestly hun, don't worry! Tomorrow is another day and I'm sure you'll get back into it x
If it makes you feel any better I fluffed up this weekend too :( Friday I had some scrambled egg, bacon and some fresh bread and butter (I was feeling really dizzy and faint so felt I need it but it was yum!) and I was really hard on myself but hubby told me not to worry so I chilled out a little. It was my daughters 3rd birthday today and I always planned to eat off plan today as we were going out, plus cake, but plans changed and we ended up at the in laws for dinner (huge roast!) So I've written off the whole weekend and plan to start day 1 again tomorrow. I'm annoyed at myself for 'failing' but life goes on and the weight will still be there tomorrow, I just need to find my willpower again ;)

Back