I need a goal weight...

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all,

I need some help! I need an ultimate goal weight. A have a 'mini' (or not so mini!) goal of 11st to start off with but I dont know what my ultimate goal should be?

I am currently 15st 4lb's and 5ft 5. Can someone help me out with working out what a good weight would be? I dont want to go by BMI because in a lot of cases BMI isn't very realistic.

(I'm trying to do a ticker for my signature but i dont have a goal haha)

Why not wait until you get to 11 stone and then see how much more you want to lose.

I was 17st 12 when I started and have mini goals of each stone. I am waiting to get to 12 stone and then seeing how much more I want to lose and what will be realistic for me. At 12st I will still be overweight by BMI, but thats not a bother to me.

CHarlie x

It depends if you are male/female, whether you are muscly etc.
I think your 11 stone goal sounds very good to start, why not get a new target when you reach that weight???

Ok I think thats the best idea. I wouldnt mind being my sisters size (shes the same height as me and we look like twins but im the fat one!) but she doesnt know how much she weighs ha ha..

I will set it for 11st first. Hopefully ill make it!

Well... hmm.

I know you don't want to go by BMI, but a BMI of 25 - which would put you at the top end of its so-called 'healthy weight range' - would be 10 stone 10 lbs.

Why not just aim for 11 stone and see how you feel as you get nearer?

I'm five foot four and currently around fourteen stones. When I got to 12 stone, I felt positively skinny - but then I'd been almost 18 stone to start with, so I guess that figures. A BMI of 25 would be 10 stone and 6 lbs for me, but I suspect I probably won't get there. I'd love to be 11 stone, I think. :)

I agree with the above. Get to that first and then see how you feel

I have an interim target of 12stone 4 with a final target of 10stone 4 but at 12 stone I am going to see how I feel and what I look like

Back