I need a hug

<Biggggg Huggggg>

Sorry i only read the title. I will read through the thread tmrw, i'm half aslp right now and cant absorb any information mentally, lol xx :)

Good Morning BL Hope you had a better night & are feeling better today if not a trip to the doc's for stronger tabs
Hugs from me thinking of you:grouphugg:

Hope you feel better soon BL x x x Healthy, happy vibes are winging there way to you! x x

Hi Bl,
Hope you got some sleep, constant pain is just so hard to get through. If you do decide to pop into the hospital, I was given liquid morphine when I was in a car accident earlier this year and it was the only thing that helped with joint pain. Prescriptions meds are good but sometimes just aren't strong enough. Keep us posted. Sending you loads of hugs!!!

God I hate the NHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called the Rheumotology Department where my referral is pending. Last Friday they wanted to give me an appointment the first week of November, which is when we will bein California. So she said they would have to see me sooner and she had to refer it and they would call m. That was over a week ago. I clld, she said oh yes, its in the system - takes abuot 8 weeks and they will call you...... You don;t even want to know what I told her. So now the appointment wil be even later then it was, when they said it was too far out of standard. Goi figure.

So, I went to my doc. I am now getting concerned as my throat is constrcting. Its difficult and painful to swallow and when I lay down I feel as if my airways are being blocked off and I start to choke - so spent a fair amount of time back and forth between bed and the lounge.

So my docs not in today. I get to see Doogie Howser. All of 14 years old and probably never heard of Spondylosis. Trys telling me it probably a cold. You try to tell a doctor you know your body, and that it is not a cold, and they look at you like you are nuts.

Then he proceeded to diss LL.

I told him I was taking 8 Tramadol a day and not relieveing the pain.

He told me to take Ibuprofin.

WTF????????????????

I give up. I really do. I juts grabbed my purse and said thanks anyway and left.

That was after waiting 45 minutes for my appointment.

Grrrrrrrrr.

see a different doc and get a second, or even third opinion hon. go on a day when your own doc is there. they know you better and will respond to you better...

i really hope you get it sorted. big hugs from me :)

abz xx

I agree with abz, get to see your own GP, you shouldn't have to suffer like this.
Bgx:gen126:

If your still in pain tonight I'd call NHS 24 and get them to refer to out of hours or A&E. They should give you something stronger and you can then get something stronger prescribed from docs. Its getting seriously dangerous when airway is being affected.

Hi BL. Sorry for not getting in touch for seeing how you're doing today. Sounds like a very frustrating trip to the Drs. Hope the pain is easing a little now? Thinking of you
Rachel x

Morning everyone

Well, I can happily report, the pressure/vice-like grip on my neck is lifting a bit, and while swallowing is still quite painful, it is easier then it was yesterday.

Range of motion is still nil, but the pain is lifting - and that is a blessing!!!!!

My friend bought me a TENS unit yesterday but I have no batteries - so will grab soe this morning and see if that sorts it.

Thanks so mych everyone - your kindness and TLC really helped. Its no fun feeling sorry for yourself, by yourself. :D

Seriously though, this was a rough 5 or 6 days - its the worst it has ever been and really had me down.....you lot really did help. Thanks very much. <<<<<ginormous group hug>>>>>

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

glad things are starting to ease up a little. Just keep the drugs going through your system! Have a good day xx

Hey BL, How are you doing. Feeling any better? Hope the TENS machine is helping! xx

Hi Rachel - thanks!~ Yes - all things are feeling better...day by day...and the tens, while most unusual and slightly off-putting, it does appear to help somehow. My hip is mended. My neck is so much better, but lets me know its still inflamed if I do too much.

THank you for asking - and thanks again everyone for seeing me through. This condition(s) is new to me - and I am still learning, etc. I have had several bad bouts with it, and thats the way it goes. It will come and go. But this was, hands down - the worst it has ever been. I usually manage my pain fairly well, and I was possessed by this round - it really made me crazy so I feel so pleased to be out o the clutches of it for now.

THanks everyone - you are all superstars!!!!

Big love to y'all :)

xx

Glad you friend got you the tens machine. My mum swears by hers as I said in my earlier post. Keep at it, and I do hope you get some better medical help soon.
Lynne x

Back