I need a little help guys!

kayles93

I'm almost a week into this diet- Monday it will be a week, and lost almost all my appetite also has a few dizzy spells the other day.. Is this common? My daily carb intake has been about 10 mind I just can't get the numbers up as the only vegetables I like is peas and carrots! I try and force a leaf of lettuce into meals now and again though I really could do with a helping hand through this, don't think I've lost any weight yet either? Thanks!

If you haven't lost any weight in a week on 10g carbs then something is up. Could you post some menus of what you've been eating each day for us to take a look at? And have you switched from a different diet?

You don't need to eat more than 10g carbs per day but if you're feeling off I would advise it. Eating a few more carbs should bring your appetite back - and it is possible to feel nauseous if carbs are too low.

It's possible that you're not eating enough, but I'd need to see daily menus to be able to say.

Re: veg - try doing them different ways. Courgette cut into fine strips and pan fried, then covered in a cream cheese and garlic sauce doesn't taste anything like courgette.

Ok I think I have found the problem, it's you that actually helped me I have been using the atkins iphone app so I downloaded the mfp too and it give me completely different figures! So it looks like in starting from square one again, plus I've been eating the atkins bars/shakes!

Here's today's menu
Breakfast
4 rashes of bacon
1/2 cup of mushrooms fried
2 eggs

Lunch
Tuna and mayonnaise with lettuce

Dinner
Chicken breast with garlic sauce

Your menu is just like mine, plus i can't seem to fit more than 10 to 13 grams of carbs in either!! My first day was yesterday and felt awful but today I feel great. :)

I feel good I've just lost my appetite I used to be snacking on rubbish all the time and was always hungry now Im rarely hungry!

Hi Kayle

Day 2 sounds great - and it's a really good idea to track your food because it's so easy to count the carbs wrong when you're starting out.

Good luck!

Ok I think I have found the problem, it's you that actually helped me I have been using the atkins iphone app so I downloaded the mfp too and it give me completely different figures! So it looks like in starting from square one again, plus I've been eating the atkins bars/shakes!

Here's today's menu
Breakfast
4 rashes of bacon
1/2 cup of mushrooms fried
2 eggs

Lunch
Tuna and mayonnaise with lettuce

Dinner
Chicken breast with garlic sauce

You've definitely found the problem! I think the Atkins app is geared to the American food labeling system which as you found out doesn't work for us! And the Atkins bars are a commonly known staller - there's a thread on the main forum called sugar alcohols and why Atkins bars are evil which goes into some detail about why they cause stalls.

There's also an Atkins questions answered thread which you might find useful - and if you need a replacement for the bars, try looking at my recipe for cocoa bark in the moonlights meals thread in the recipe section.

Moonlights - they are the threads I read that made me realise! Can't believe how sly they would be and the products are not cheap either! Money grabbers!

Also solved my water problem too - not a fan of it, so what I'm doing is having glasses of water here and there and the odd can of diet coke in between. Is this ok? Says it has 0 carbs?

Coke zero is preferable if you're having a lot, because it uses malic acid while diet coke uses citric acid which should be limited - however I've had both with no problems. I prefer coke zero though. I dont like water either so I drink than and copious amounts of tea with alpro unsweetened soya milk light.

Brilliant ill get some coke zero!

Problem with tea for me is I've always drank tea with a lot of milk and 2 sugars
Coffe the same with 3 sugars so I don't think I will enjoy any substitutes so just cutting them out completely, will do wonders for my teeth anyway lol

LOL I decided I couldn't do with out my one tea and one latte in the morning, that's all the caffeine I have now - and soya is so much lower in carbs :)

As for sweeteners, ML and I both like liquid hermesetas. A friend tried it once in her coffee, she is a big sugar fan, and said she couldn't tell the difference. You can get it on amazon.

You can also use watered down cream if tea doesn't work for you. Liquid hermestas is available in some chemists but I buy online - google search it and you'll find the cheapest. Otherwise tablet sweeteners are best.

Back