Consolidation I need advice from the experts!!

Nina41

Can I have krisprolls instead of bread?
Can I have 2 pieces of bread a day PLUS 1 tbsp of wheat bran???
How many tolerates are we allowed?

Thank you!

Nina,

for everyday planning think of it as 6PV+extras and 1PP.

Now, bearing in mind that I work with the 'old' edition of the book I see it like this and it's working for me:

Extras every day: 40-60gr bread (weigh to check, it's rarely 2 slices unless you have a really small loaf) - I'm about to post a picture.
40gr hard cheese
1 piece of fruit (no bananas, grapes, cherries or dried fruit)

I would assume the tolerated stay the same. 2 per day.

Wheatbran for me is always part of my oatbran allowance (old edition of the book) so I have that on top of the bread ration.

For the first half of conso:
ONCE a week you are allowed to/should introduce lean cuts of the meat previously not allowed: pork and lamb.
ONCE a week: carb meal: max 200gr cooked weight wholemeal pasta, brown rice, potatoes (in that order of preference). I also like quinoa and WM couscous. 200gr is actually a huge portion and hardly any of us managed to finish it, so take it easy! It's 80gr dried weight for pasta & rice.

one celebration meal a week - I would treat that as a 'normal meal' rather than an OTT celebration. A meal that you would otherwise not get. I had lasagne yesterday :) with a salad. And a nice home made pudding. but only one normal helping of each. And ONE glass of wine / beer / whatever. Some people use celebration meals for social occasions and restaurant visits etc. It could be breakfast too, but only ONE meal, not a whole day! And have at least a day between the carb meal and the celebration meal.

You'll have to keep planning you food as before - good luck!

That is great! Thank you so much!
I really miss quinoa and couscous. Is barley in the same category? Are we allowed gammon then? Do we HAVE to have the extras? (bread, fruit, cheese)

Do we HAVE to have the extras? (bread, fruit, cheese)

They aren't optional - the idea is to reintroduce carbs and fat into the diet in very precise easily measured quantities.

Back