I need help making a curry!

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all! I've decided to make a butternut squash and spinach curry tonight but can't find any recipes that use low fat yoghurt?

I was thinking butternut squash, spinach, broccoli and peppers cooked with spices (not sure which ones!) and then stirring through the yoghurt to make it creamy. Would it mess it up if I used a tin of tomatoes? I think it might make it weird with the yoghurt.

Help!!!!

Passata is better than tinned toms (for taste and consistency). Not sure I'd cook with yoghurt but that is a taste thing.

We use passata, and a large mix of spices, sometimes lentils, loads of veg. Sometimes we wirr that all up into a sauce, then cook more veg and chicken and add that all together.

Our curry tastes like something from a take away but for 10 or so points.

Spices include turmeric, cumin, aesfotida, garam masala, ginger, chillies, garlic, salt, black pepper.

My use of the words "we" and "our", are a bit of a liberty - I just stir it for the wife.

I use low fat yoghurt in place of cream/coconut milk in curries and things and it is fine

I'm going to cook all my veg with spices etc and some passata and then add the yoghurt! Hope it all goes well. If I don't post tomorrow, I've poisoned myself!!!!!

Back