I need some help

sue567

Silver Member
ok I have been doing sw for a while now, I have lost 3 stone 13 pounds with only 9.5 lb to go until am at target, but I cant seem to get there

I need some help and advice on how I can get it moving again :( am getting so disheartened

my usually daily meal plan is something like

breakfast - grapefruit, strawberries and peppermint tea
snack - 2 x oranges
lunch - speed soup or tuna salads, 5 x scan bran, 2 x cheese triangles extra light and an apple
dinner - fish or meat, cabbage, turnip, sprouts and broccoli
syns is usually used on freddio, crackers or curly wurly I have been trying to keep my syns between 5-10 per day

I have started to do some exercise cardio kick 3 x per week which lasts an hour

any one got any ideas how I can get moving again its really getting me down :(

I have thought about that, think am going to try and have fish everyday for my dinner from now to tuesday as I have white fish in the freezer

thanks gettingthinnerytheday, well done you getting to target thats fab :)

Your welcome - I actually really need to change my signature mind as I am not in target anymore!!!! I am 12lb's over, so need 9lbs off to get me back into target range, but i will do it over the next few weeks I'm sure!!!

I find that when i mix things up abit, rather than just red days, throw in some green & then back to red things seem to move for me. Also making sure i drink plenty!! I am bad as i drink diet coke, like at least 2litres a day, but as soon as i don't drink as much, i seem to hold weight???

I suggest you mix things up a bit - your body gets used to things after a while you need to challenge it again. After all an athlete would not follow the same training routine day in day out - they are always changing things around to keep challenging their bodies

So different foods, different HEs, different meals! And if in doubt try success express for a week

erm... how about eating 15 syns a day for a week or 2 ???
several friends in class have found that the weeks they eat more they tend to lose, the weeks they over excercise, and cut back on syns they either put on or STS

mix things up a bit.
be it a fish week or just simply making an effort to eat different heb's and different meals you dont usually eat.

- - -
breakfast - grapefruit, strawberries and peppermint tea
snack - 2 x oranges
lunch - speed soup or tuna salads, 5 x scan bran, 2 x cheese triangles extra light and an apple
dinner - fish or meat, cabbage, turnip, sprouts and broccoli
syns is usually used on freddio, crackers or curly wurly I have been trying to keep my syns between 5-10 per day

Going by that, you seem to be getting all the way to lunchtime without any protein or carbohydrates.

Going by that, you seem to be getting all the way to lunchtime without any protein or carbohydrates.

Hi Anna, is that a bad thing? I have no idea about when to eat what etc and I often only eat fruit and yogurt until lunchtime, when I'll have carbs. Do you think I should change that? Thanks

thanks everyone, yea ur prob right until this week I had been having tuna or chicken salad for lunch everyday and also the same type of dinners, so this week I decided to do a huge pot of speed soup :)

but I will deffo try and mix it up, thank you

thats also def a thought about the syns, I will def keep that in mind just some days I feel that I dont need them ya no but I will try

hi anna ano I usually dont have anything like that for breakfast as its such a rush, what would u suggest I could do for breakfast I usually have like 10 mins lol I get up at 6.30 and leave the house at 7.20, but I could always try and get up 5 mins earlier

thank you everyone for ur feed back, think its just what I needed to hear, will deffo mix things up :)

What about two weetabix? That way, you are getting a different HEB too. I'm going to buy some weetabix tomorrow and make an effort to have it for breakfast twice a week :)

I find that I need my hex more at lunch time to keep me going in work lolI might try getting up and making some eggs and tomatoes or something and then have fruit after even when I get into work at my desk just to keep up the super free foods :)

Some good ideas here sue! I reckon this week is your week! Reading through this though, you could just use your hxB at lunch and syn the weetabix a couple of mornings a week. Kills two birds with one stone!

Thats actually a really good idea hannah thanks

I got up this morning and timed myself making scambled egg (made with water) fried mushrooms and tomatoes, took just over 5 mins so i might try this a few mornings aswell and then morning I cant get my lazy ass outta bed I will take weetibix

Hi Anna, is that a bad thing? I have no idea about when to eat what etc and I often only eat fruit and yogurt until lunchtime, when I'll have carbs. Do you think I should change that? Thanks

Not necessarily - anyway, you are getting some protein with your yogurt.

But the original poster was talking about being stuck, and looking at the food list that was the one thing that was really noticeable that could be changed to see if it made a difference.

There is a school of thought which says that we should have small amounts of protein at every meal, to keep the metabolic rate chugging away, so it's worth a try. On the other hand, if what you are doing is working, keep doing it!

I got up this morning and timed myself making scambled egg (made with water)

I mix my scrambled eggs with vff cottage cheese. try it, I bet it makes them taste nicer than mixed with water.

Not necessarily - anyway, you are getting some protein with your yogurt.

But the original poster was talking about being stuck, and looking at the food list that was the one thing that was really noticeable that could be changed to see if it made a difference.

There is a school of thought which says that we should have small amounts of protein at every meal, to keep the metabolic rate chugging away, so it's worth a try. On the other hand, if what you are doing is working, keep doing it!

Thanks, I've slowed down over the last fortnight so need to make some changes. I might start with having more protein at breakfast.

Back