I need someone for support?

Hello Everyone! :)

I have rejoined slimming world tonight and I am hoping I will stick to it. Last time, I was a member for about 3 - 4 months and then fell hard down the slippery slope, completely ruining the 2.5 stone i'd lost. I joined uni this year and tonight when I stepped on the scales, I had to bite my lip to stop myself from crying there and then, I have put on 5, nearly 6 stone since last september.

The amount of weight I want to lose just seems so far away and I am so worried that I can't do it. I am training to be a primary school teacher and desperately need to lose around 8/9 stone.

I would love it if we could have a little group here, or maybe even only one other person to support me, please, I'm feeling pretty low :(

I know how you feel, I put on 3 stone in three months once when I was a student it was not a nice feeling. You can do it, just set small targets and see this as a permanent lifestyle change. Eat food that nourishes your body, with the odd treat to nourish your soul. Move your muscles in a way you enjoy to feel strong and lean. Make up a mantra that suits you. Mine is 'I choose to a slim fit healthy mummy'

My oldest boy is in P1 being a teacher is a special job you will love it!

Hiya! Good luck with your weight loss. :) Have you seen that there's a sub-forum for people who have a fair amount to lose? It's under Slimming Clubs, and it's known as WEMITTs - We Mean It This Time. They have a good support network going on there, and I'm sure you'd be very welcome. I had around 9/10 stone to lose when I started. I've lost over 8 stone so far, and have found this site a great source of inspiration and support. You can definitely do it! :) xx

slimmingstudent said:
Hi Tracey and Fitlose!

Thanks tracey, I'm going to go and have a look at that. You have done so weel! It's good to know that it can actually be achieved :)

Thanks! It can definitely be done - I'm a total old crock of 50 with chronic health problems, so when I say if I can do it anyone can, it's actually true, lol. :D xx

slimmingstudent said:
Absolutely, you look fab and definately wouldn't describe you as an 'old crock'!! :eek: weigh in is thursday, fingers crossed!

Oh you're too kind! :) Good luck for Thursday! xxx

I know exactly what you mean! I joined with a friend and I've now found out she isn't going back so need a slimming buddy to keep me motivated!!

Hi, count me in have about 6 stone to lose (more would be nice but be very happy with that), easy to feel on your own when your dieting so hopefully coming on here will give me the support I need!! Also looking for a diet buddy or buddies to keep me motivated, can't afford the club route so getting my daughter to weigh me every weds, got her to take some undies photos last night and was so gutted and what I saw, certainly gave me a big kick up the backside and a reality check I badly needed!! You know your fat but until its there in front of you it doesnt really hit home, so very motivated. Doing a 2 week kick start of 800 cals a day, then review how its going.....lost 4 stone 2 years ago and just let it all creep back on again. Determined not to be fat and fifty but fit and fifty!! Happy to chat to all on facebook or on here, want some buddies in the same boat who can kick me up the backside when I start to slip....and will give all the support and motivation I can in return!! :) Good Luck everyone...come on this time WE REALLY CAN DO IT....and start living again ((hugs)) xxxxx

I couldn't agree more with what you just said Izzy! I have my second weigh in tonight and I am nervous. Keep me updated on how you are doing :)

Hi LauraLou, how did the weigh in go? what diet are you doing? My 1st day went well and really pleased with myself, made a chicken korma and didnt even lick the spoon...(yea the photos were that bad lol)....Keep it going and hope everyone stay focused, ((group hug)) xx

It went a lot better than expected. I'm doing slimming world. Lost 6lbs :). Very happy with that so need to stick to it and keep going lol. Well done!!we can do it

Thank you. I am going to! Since weigh in I have been good but I know that this weekend I will have cheat night lol. How are you getting on?xx

All going well !! No naughty moments, been busy, hoping the weather holds up for abit longer as I'm going off for a long walk with the dog in abit. What you planned for your cheat night? Not letting myself have one of those for 2 weeks as i need to get into a pattern 1st, don't trust myself just yet lol xx

I'm thinking of going out for dinner maybe the cinema after. I have done good all day. Well done! Your very dedicated!horrible weather at the minute :( xx

Hey Laura, managed the dog walk was lovely here, we had thunder and lightening about 6ish!! Nice, what sort of food you planning on, I've done it before where i've had work meals etc and coped fine but that was when I was further into my diet, to early on for me to give myself a night off :) It is do-able I used the WW eating out guide, which was a godsend, what diet is it your faollowing again? I made myself a homemade Lentil and vegetable soup for dinner was delicious, tasted better than it sounds lol, right of to bed, dentist 1st thing then an induction interview with the new bosses (GULP!!) :(, have a good Friday xx

I'm doing SW. I'm a week in but without a treat I will lose motivation. You seem very focused that is good! Oh you will be fine tomorrow :). I'm a manager and had 20 new people join me this past week. It's been hectic lol. Thanks very much. Same to you :) x

Back