I need to realise..

downtownsuzie

Silver Member
I've had an awful week this week, I've really feel as though I've had the world on my shoulders. Been in tears most days and expecting a gain this week as I'm one of the world's worst for emotional eating. Not writing this for sympathy, but I think that writing this out, admitting I'm not perfect and can't carry everyone else's woes as well as my own, is going to be a big step towards an easier, happier and slimmer life.

Debt worries, work worries, not-being-able-to-move-out worries as well as OH problems (mainly with his difficult ex) mean I don't really get much time to unwind and relax. I'm out of the house for 14 hours a day, so I don't get much time to be prepared food-wise which leads to me feeling like a failure every time I reach for something quick and easy for lunch. Every mouthful turning into a little bit more self hate/embarrassment/shame that I can't succeed like I want to. One problem, I think, is that by doing SW at home and using my old books, covered in my stickers from losing almost 4 stone previously, reminds me that I'm not quite as good at this as I used to be.

I don't really have any mirrors at home - only one big enough to see my face in, as I'm too embarrassed to see the rest. But today, I had a revelation. I went shopping (which is usually a nightmare) and tried on two size 10 dresses - both were too big! I looked in the full size mirror and for what is the first time I can remember, I wasn't horrified - I think I finally saw what my OH has been seeing for all this time! Its made me see that as much as I feel like I'm failing, its probably not as bad as I think. I looked curvy, not wobbly, although a little toning probably wouldn't go amiss!

Its made me realise that life isn't worth worrying about every little thing. Spending 24/7 panicking over something is not going to change the immediate outcome - I need to let go a little and enjoy the journey or I'm just gonna end up a nervous, neurotic mess.

I bought some size 10 jeans for my next goal (my bottom half is a bit bigger than my top half) - and I'm confident that i'll get into them in a few weeks. I'm joining a group on Wednesday to give me the extra little push as I know I will be getting offically weighed and can't hide behind excuses. I'll also be getting new books, so I won't have to compete with 'larger me'.

I'm me and that's that. I am who I am and nothing can change that. Gonna go and run a hot bubbly bath, light some candles, grab a book and have some me-time.

Happy sunday, lovlies x

I think women in general are pretty hard on themselves, I know I am. I do tend to look on the worst side rather than the best side of things.
I looked in the mirror the other day and was disgusted with myself, I am heavier than I have ever been, I'm going grey and generally feel older than I should, I made myself feel like a failure.
What I should of done was look at the fact I am 2 lb lighter than I was last week and for the past 3 weeks I have been exercising 3 x a week. And should be rather proud of my self. My hubbie has been made redundant so we run to an extremely tight budget and I am working longer hours and I haven't used it as an excuse to give up! That's a big achievement! It's taken me 15 years to form the bad habits I have ( emotional eating) why do I think i can break the habit in just a matter of weeks?
Let's be abit kinder to ourselves ladies, let's look at what we achieve and lift our spirits give ourselves the boost we need to keep going.
Well done everyone this week keep going we will get there

it sounds like you have been a bit in self destruct mode - i do the same when i feel down, i just dont care and eat whatever cr@p i want (i tend to eat it far to quick, not even savouring it and not really enjoying it).

When I am like that I have moment of "good" in between all the rubbish and I need to get myself out of it (which is harder said then done).

Sounds like you are very busy and that doesnt help. Try and plan your meals so u dont just grab something (which is probs likely to be more expensive never mind more fattening) and take short cuts where necessary.

Take today, massive large chicken pre cooked was only £3 - took all the chicken off and served some with potatoes, and lots of veg. Tonights tea is left over chicken cooked with butterbeans, onions, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes served with pasta. there is plenty for lunch tomorrow as well - i will heat mine up but hubby will eat his cold.

other days i make a big chilli - lean mince, 2-3 onions, mushrooms, peppers, 2 tins of tomatoes, kidney beans (and carrots, corgette which arent traditional chilli ingredients but "beef it up a bit".
It makes a lot so we have 2 evening meals - one in the freezer for a quick meal (but we would have some the next day for lunch).

Other quick meals are frozen stir fry veg with noodles (dinner wise) or mugshot with some fruit and yoghurt for lunch meal (mug shots are always on offer and failing that u can get them about 35p from home bargains/ pound shop. going to try aldis "cupshotz" too as a couple are syn free.

hope that gives u some ideas food wise - cant help if ur like me and ur issue is more chocolate and crisps!! I can eat 3 good meals a day but then i ate 4 cream eggs in an hour!!

You're right about eating for eating's sake and not savouring it - I do it all the time.

At work, we have a chocolate treat box and today, I'm not even tempted.

Its such a nice change to be feeling positive.

Thanks for the replies and the advice ladies :) I got quite into the swing of taking leftovers into work, so will make an effort to be prepared.

Shred has arrived today, so will be starting that in the next day or so x

I've planned my meals out for the week :)

Hi I've seen your posts on the shred thread and wondered if you had a diary?
I find that writing a food diary has kept me good, you can really keep track and I find it takes my mind off snacking, cause I know excatly what I've had.
Another good idea is 3 positives every day, that puts your mind in a good place and keeps you focussed.
Hope you don't mind me popping by but felt you are doing so well on the shred wanted to say well done, keep smiling it will all fall into place :)) take care x

Aww, thank you! 3 positives is a really good idea :) I fill out the SW food diaries, but don't have one on here. Perhaps I should start one, it might keep me motivated!

Shred had fallen by the wayside with my bad week, but I'm ready to get back on track :) x

Hiya
You seem a lot like me. Too much to do and so little free time. I love the SW plan and losing 7 stone I know it works but it isn't a "quick" plan to follow. To be totally on track takes planning time, shopping time, chopping time, cooking time and so on. There are days when I wish there was a quick fix ready meal option like weight watchers have to just grab and go with!

I try to make life as easy as possible and batch cook whenever I can. I get frustrated though when the OH eats all the fruit up or finishes off all the Diet drinks and doesn't go and replace them (He is following the plan too).

At the moment I am not getting the time to go to the gym which is also annoying me but I am not wonderwoman and something has to give other than my sanity!!!

I live life by quick and easy sw meals as full days with the kids and them falling into bed meant give much time to plan. At least one of my lunches is a subway. Kfc do a rather fab blazer salad which is free. A bag of salad with some ready cooked bbq is good too. As others have said noodles, frozen veg (loving stir fry veg) are brilliant as are quorn products as you can just whip them out the freezer.

I think you have to make sw fit your lifestyle how it is now. So if that's quick meals then that's what you should do as your more likely to stick to it.

choccybuttons said:
I live life by quick and easy sw meals as full days with the kids and them falling into bed meant give much time to plan. At least one of my lunches is a subway. Kfc do a rather fab blazer salad which is free. A bag of salad with some ready cooked bbq is good too. As others have said noodles, frozen veg (loving stir fry veg) are brilliant as are quorn products as you can just whip them out the freezer.

Can I ask what you have from subway and what syns are in it please??!!

Back