i need your help!!

milkybar

today is my sisters bday and so were all going out for dinner , were going to the macaroni grill, which as far as im aware i think theres only one and thats basildon ,essex but they are al over the states!
now im abit unsure of what to have,
they do have grilled chicken and veg and they have grilled salmon and veg,
but i want just a bit of garlic bread and they also do garlic mash which sounds lovely, of course they do lasagne, canneloni,bolagnase,pizzas but obviously i dont want to ruin my sole sourcing, but on the other hand
sat 9th is my 21st bday party and iv been advised to eat a proper carb filled meal as i will be drinking, also the whole week is kind of busy for me and i have lunch dates and dinner dates, so im not going to restrict myself but wont be going overboard!
what do i do?

Hi milky, I have had an odd couple of weeks, as have had my sisters birthday, a conference with work and my dads birthday coming up. I think you need to decide whether to try and stick to something sensible that fits in with CD or have a blow out, then get straight back into it. I had a prawn salad when I went out with my sister and thoroughly enjoyed it, but the conference meant I had to eat what was laid on for us. Lunch was OK as I had salad and chicken, but dinner was soup & bread, lamb with potatoes and veg and a white choc pudding. I decided I would eat what I wanted a get straight back to SS the next day. i found though that I had the runs the next day, and the past 3 days I have felt hungry and it was awful last night cos all I wanted to do was eat!! If I was you I would try and keep it sensible for all the meals except your birthday and have a blow out then. If you keep the carbs down hopefully it will make going back to SS easier. Hope it goes well, and you make the right choice for you.

Hi Milky

The boring but honest answer is a glass of water and black coffee if you are on SS. I know it's difficult but eating only makes the journey harder and longer. It sounds like you have a lot of social things coming up in the next few weeks - maybe thinking about coming off SS until after your Birthday and then starting afresh?

Gx

Hi Milky

The boring but honest answer is a glass of water and black coffee if you are on SS. I know it's difficult but eating only makes the journey harder and longer. It sounds like you have a lot of social things coming up in the next few weeks - maybe thinking about coming off SS until after your Birthday and then starting afresh?

Gx

Couldnt agree more milky! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Hi Milkybar

Its my birthday today and my hubby's on the 9th. I have decided to stick at the SS, but then again I'm 31 (not much to celebrate!) not 21 (lucky sod). Its totally up to you but whatever you decide I hope you have a great time.

Susan x

I think Georgie's answer is the correct way to go. You are going to have a very busy social week and I think, if you're honest, you really want to enjoy yourself. So, its best perhaps to have a break, take it very easy, low carbs etc, and then get back on to SSing as soon as possible after xxx

If you must eat tonight have the grilled chicken and veg and stay away from the garlic bread.

Perhaps chat with your CDC about how to deal with your 21st, although there have been some good suggestions on here.

Have a good time tonight :)

I wouldnt dream of saying just go and have what you like because this is totally wrong for you. You need to make a decision to wait until after your birthday and re-start AND remember there will always be "reasons" to stop and start this diet. You are not really looking for the answer here but you are arguing with your inner self and trying to convince yourself that these things ARE more important than the diet. You knew when you started the diet these birthdays would come up - they do same time and same place every year after all. If your commitment to doing the diet is on the wane then come back to it when you feel you wish to be more committed to it because you will always find a reason to stop.
I have been on SS for 4 weeks and just into my AAM week which was very timely because we had a dinner invitation last night from our close neighbours. I had to make a choice 1. cancel and disappoint the neighbours because we get together every 6/7 weeks to experiment with recipes between us. 2. go and say well "just one night" and undo all my good work and commitment or 3. Speak to my counsellor for her advice ........ I went and took with me a CD soup for the starter, AAM option of 2oz chicken fillet and a couple of handfuls of babyleaf salad and FOR DESSERT a CD mousse. I drank water throughout the evening - enjoyed myself, enjoyed their company and stayed true to what I wanted to do for myself. Perhaps if I had lost a great deal of weight I might not have been so dedicated but having recently started didnt want to fall at the first hurdle.
There will be hurdles all along the way .... you have to challenge your thought process and see if you can overcome them without straying or straying too far. There are choices and you need to make the right one for you - keeping you in control of your destiny.
Hope you have a great Birthday by the way.

Di

By the way ... you could fill up on water before you go today and be excused from eating. Tell the waiter you are off your food if you need to say anything. Restaurant will have others in your group to take money off and quietly use a tetrabrike for your own food which is immediately available in your handbag. OR .... not.

Di

Back