I only lost 8lb wk 1, does that mean my other losses will be less than 3lb a wk?

Hi everyone,

I'm worried that as my initial loss in week one was only 8lb's, do you think that losses from now on would be less than 3lb's?

I really need to lose at least 3lb's a week, on previous diets Iv lost only 1-2 if that :(

Thanks

Bm2lm xx

Hi there
#
Well done on your great loss! Everyone loses at different rates - but generally everyone that sticks to the plan will lose a stone a month - keep teh water levels high - as its so tru more water the more weight loss - I average 4 litres a day and lost 10stone on cambridge in 8 months.

Its a fab diet - Good Luck xx

The 1st week you lose more weight as it is glycogen (which holds water and weighs more than fat) that you lose. After that if you stick to SS and drink plenty of water you should easily lose a stone every month. I'm a slow loser - but when I was SS-ing would lose a couple of pounds one week - then the following week it would catch up and I'd lose 5lb - so it averaged out a stone every month.

The 1st week you lose more weight as it is glycogen (which holds water and weighs more than fat) that you lose. After that if you stick to SS and drink plenty of water you should easily lose a stone every month. I'm a slow loser - but when I was SS-ing would lose a couple of pounds one week - then the following week it would catch up and I'd lose 5lb - so it averaged out a stone every month.
Thanks for that because it great to know when you jump on the scales one week and are a little disappointed and then look on here and here others fantastic losses

I think that 8 lb is a fantastic loss well done

You are going to lose fine, stop worrying so much. This diet works and quickly. Just trust it.

Well done on your weight loss. I only lost 6lbs in my first week - everyone is different. Last week I lost 5lbs which was a shock because it was only just less than my first week.

I only lost 5lbs first week - so very well done. Don't think first week is a good indicator - it also depends on what you were doing prior to the diet - the week before.

I totally agree with Dani. Also lost 5lbs in the first week whereas friend lost 8lbs! I was miffed! But week prior to CD I did really cut down, really cut down. Soups and light meals and lots of water as a sort of prep - I could have actually lost weight then too (I'll never know!)
But from then on have lost on average 3lbs a week.

I lost 7lbs in my first week, and weighed only as little less than you, took me 4 months to lose 5st.

I have a spreadsheet of my loss so if anyone wants a look then PM me and ill send it x

I can only really comment on my own experience:

I have 7st to loose. First week I lost 7lbs, which I thought was a bit disappointing – but I did prepare for my start by drinking more water, less carbs etc. Second week I lost 6lbs, then third week 4lbs .
Technically, I have lost over 1 stone in 3 weeks. This gives me some lee-way for any weeks I loose 2lbs or less.
As long as I even out at circa 1 stone a month I will be happy.
Good Luck & keep going.

Back