I really DO NOT miss this feeling

Neonic

Ok, so the last few weeks, as good as I've been, I have really struggled. Every day I have fancied something I shouldn't have but I've resisted. Until today!

I'm away in Manchester for a work course tomorrow. Looking at the hotel menu there were so many lovely things and not much Dukan friendly so I decided I would give myself a treat in the hope that it will sort my head out. Starter was A-mazing!!!!!! Main was ok except my stead was well done instead of medium rare. While I was eating, I was enjoying everything, but I didn't feel like I must have any of it back in my life permanently, even the chips. I've had the taste again, and that's enough. Although I am still majorly craving chocolate.

Anyway, now I'm back in my room and i'm in pain. I can't sit or lie still. The pain is high in my stomach as if my intestines are rejecting the food. I'm going to have a cup of tea to see if I can settle things down.

It's definitely made me realise I don't want to go back to eating these foods regularly.

Chocolate on the other hand......... Well, I haven't had any yet.

Great post... something for us all to bear in mind. It's a bit like for an ex-smoker perhaps though. The first cigarette is horrid, but the second...? Hence never go there!!

Stay clear of chocolate neonic!!! It is addictive and I know the word chocoholic is often used in jest but to those of us who have a real problem with chocolate its a very serious thing!! I've not had chocolate for a year and a half and I'm not planning on having it ever again!! I can seriously say I don't miss it now - it's evil!!!

Thanks Jo. My stomach still isn't right today. I opted for an Atkins style breakfast otherwise I would've been going hungry all day. There was a hash brown on my plate but I was actually too scared to eat it. Can't cope with having pains all day today.

Scooter, I wish I'd read your post a little earlier. I've just arrived at the store my course is being held in. Up to the staff room for a cup of tea first and there's a smashed up Easter egg on the side. I had a little taste. Luckily it tasted like advent calendar chocolate so didn't give me that need for more but for now has taken my craving away.
I know exactly what you mean about being a chocoholic tho. If it had been cadburys chocolate I think I would've finished the lot.

Oh poor u, hope your tummy sorts itself out! Sadly I didn't have any reaction to carbs when I dipped a toe in and look what happened!!! Wouldn't mind a sore tummy to put me off!!!LOL! ;)

Hi, get some pepto bismal if you can (loads of chemists in town centre). It will really sort your stomach out - I find the tablets easier to take than the drink.

The reaction is probably why conso is a gradual process on Dukan, to reintroduce that stuff gradually.

I have no problem leaving the bread, potatoes, cake, or pastry at the side of the plate - although sorely tempted by chips, yum!- but chocolate...well that's a different story! i now prefer dark chocolate though, and I'm quite fussy about what sort - if I'm going to sin, ill do it with style.

I can sympathise with the tummy ache - had one all day today, and a visit from the whoosh fairy, but I think it was too many sugar free sweets/ things with sweetener in rather than over indulgence. I was actually quite good on pp Thursday for a change. Settling down now, thankfully. No rhubarb for me for a couple of days, then!

I started the diet last June, and in August went shopping with my Mum. We were out for quite a while and it was raining, not many places for food and I made the consious decision to have a ham salad sandwich. A bread roll type one. I didn't eat all of the bread,but picked out the filling. That night I had horrid horrid stomach pains, like really bad trapped wind.

Must admit my cheat in August didn't have the same effects, but when I have eaten something i shouldn't have I have always ended up with a windy tummy.

Hope your pains went off quickly. Its a good post for people to see straight away so they know to stick to plan.

It's kinda like a drug addiction. First one, good, second one much better. You have to resist the urge.

I won't be going off plan like that again in a hurry. I enjoyed the meal but not enough to suffer again. If I'd have known before hand, I would've stuck to steak and salad.

I do this diet in a different way to most people as I attack and cruise for a bit and then consolidate what I've lost then go back to attack and cruise again. I guess you could say that I'm doing it in stages.

Just recently I have been quite poorly and have also had to look after my mum who has been really unwell too. (I moved in with her for a few days - she had no dukan foods.) So dieting was totally impossible. I just had what was available and find myself feeling quite sick and had really horrible indigestion too.

Yesterday I was back on track for the first time in over a week and immediately felt so much better. I broke myself in gently with a PV day and it made me feel very virtuous and no tummy pains at all. I realised how many carbs I had been eating and that this was the cause of all the trouble. I too am now a bit scared of the carbs and really I think it is a good learning experience for me. It seems like your experience has been good for you too - on reflection.

It does make it so motivating when you have a slip up and you can see how bad it makes you feel in the end. It really helps me to analyse myself and carry on in a healthy way. x

I do this diet in a different way to most people as I attack and cruise for a bit and then consolidate what I've lost then go back to attack and cruise again. I guess you could say that I'm doing it in stages.

Loving that idea .... ! :D

P x

Back