I really need some clarifying here

nellybelle

Ok so I just had my second weigh in, I havent eating anything or drank anything that what has been perscribed since the start of the program. In the first week i lost 7lb :) i was very pleased with that.

But just there at my second weigh in i was told that i had lost 0 lb!!!!!
I am very angry and irritated and anoyed. I have followed the diet to a t, and I lost nothing.

Is this even possible?
can anyone explain this?

Im seriously thinking of quitting, if i work this hard and loose no weight at all!

Thanx for reading this guys and i really hope you can help.

nellybelle

Hiya, don't quit - you will loose weight every week! It's great that you haven't eaten anything. Couple of things that can help you is to drink lots of water (I aim for 3-4 litres) & go to loo every day (I have to drink a special water, otherwise I get constipated).

Look at my chart below - I cried at the pharmacy when I went there for my 3rd weigh in - lost only 1kg & this week only 1.5kg. This is very low compared to other ladies that are loosing masses a week. However, everyone is different, and if it means i'll loose 1.5kg every week, I still loose it at the end! And that's what counts!

So, don't despair, although I really feel with you. You've lost lots of water in the first week, and probably some fat too, and your body is just stabilising now. Am sure you will loose some weight this week - and even if it's not 5-7lbs, it will be SOME WEIGHT! And that's what's important.

Once again - water, proper loo manners LOL, and be good to yourself. xoxo

Thank you so so much for your encouragment! it really is a big help when someone else is going through the same thing. I will keep going, hopefully next week there'll be a change.

Thank again x

let me know how you get on pls hun, i've had drama week 2 and 3. It may be worth asking the pharmacy for a ketostick, you wee on it and the colour indicates amount of ketones present if any. Check ya in ketosis well and truly.
I'm the same though i lost 9 first week, was ecstatic. Week 2: 2 pounds. I could've cried. And week 3 (just been weighed today) only 3 pounds.
I followed it like you to the T!
I walk miles every day!
Let me know what happens hun. The only thing i'm goin to try and do is drink more water. Here's to gettin a better weigh in on friday 13th! gawd x

Ok so I just had my second weigh in, I havent eating anything or drank anything that what has been perscribed since the start of the program. In the first week i lost 7lb :) i was very pleased with that.

But just there at my second weigh in i was told that i had lost 0 lb!!!!!
I am very angry and irritated and anoyed. I have followed the diet to a t, and I lost nothing.

Is this even possible?
can anyone explain this?

Im seriously thinking of quitting, if i work this hard and loose no weight at all!

Thanx for reading this guys and i really hope you can help.

nellybelle

Hi
you will see from my ticker etc i stayed the same one week and like you had followed it to the letter,turned out it was water retention in my case as i had drunk too much water which i would never have thought possible lol.
i was downing up to 4.5-5ltrs a day at the time so was advised by my nurse to cut it back a bit and the scales began moving once again and i saw a great loss the following week.xx
might be worth looking at how much water you are taking in too? xx

Hang on in there, I see this a lot on this forum, people who have a disappointing WI, but then the next week, it makes up for it...it is almost scientifically impossible for you not to drop the weight if you are doing 100%, which you are :)
Just give it another week, you will be glad you did!

I was just going to say look at Donna's ticker - I have her firmly in mind in case I have no loss, as I know she lost so much the following week!

I agree with above comments. I know you must feel awful, but don't quit till you see what your next loss is. Maybe you were holding onto water or had a full bowel, this can make a huge difference. I have started taking a laxetive the day before weigh in.
Good luck
Emma x

I lose 2lbs a week, I have done for the past 4 weeks, but I am super chuffed. I am not sure about anyone else, but if I was on a normal diet I would have pigged out and put on a ton of weight by now.
That is why I am glad to have this, you also have to think that this is not like any normal diet, because it helps you to evaluate how you think and feel about food. Understandable not to lose anything in one week, but it is just one week, and I am sure next week will be great for you :)

Back