I should change my username to Boomerang

Snozzberry

I started in the WW forum, came to SW, back to WW, a brief flirtation with calorie counting and now I am thinking of returning to SW.

I really tried with WW this time but we just don't gel anymore.

I think I am going to go it alone for a few weeks, until the bank holidays and then our holiday week immediately after, then if I'm struggling by myself join a meeting.

So here I am again lol.

Hi and welcome back!

One thing I really think you need to do is consider why you gave up SW last time around and why you gave up the other plans you have tried. be really honest with yourself. Unless you work out the reasons and plan for how you are going to stop that happening again you will never get out of this cycle. We can help you come up for some strategies for dealing with the difficult times but you need to work out what they are.

Good luck!

In all honesty I gave up last time because I was finding it expensive to keep buying all the fruit and veg, I'm not mad keen on the meeting format and finally, sheer nosiness and wanting to see what the new WW plan was like.

I love the concept of SW, all that fruit and veg has to be good right. My resolve disappears at the first mention of cake though, and this is something I need to tackle. I am a classic comfort/boredom eater who doesn't get off her bum and exercise enough.

I am the same i have been to all the classes
Each new one i think this is it
But i know its not the plan that fails they all work in their own way its me
On ww i find i save too many points for rubbish
On sw i certainly eat better but i miss the chocolate and the rubbish
So now i have no idea how to get out of this visious cycle im in
You are certainly not alone lesley

Hi Boomerang ;)

Join a challenge to give you a little support group? That way, whether or not you stay to meetings, you've still got people to lean on. As for the expensive veg... having frozen stuff really helps, we usually have a bag of Asda frozen cauliflower and one of broccoli, there's also little bags of veg you can steam which aren't so expensive. And fruit, nipping to Tesco after 6pm is always a good idea! xxx

I always have loads of veg in the freezer these days, something I didn't do before. I have embraced the art of chucking a meal together out of whatever I have in the house and frozen veg is so handy for this.

I have also now discovered our local greengrocer and the fact that their fruit and veg is half the price of the supermarkets :D

I found my handbook this morning so started there and then. Today has been good, as luck would have it the meals I had planned for today were all EE friendly anyway!

I had forgotten how easy to stick to SW is when you're not itching for cake (which touch wood has not happened today lol). Wednesdays are the days I get to stay at home with my little girl and are usually my downfall so I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself for surviving :)

Back