I start on Sunday!

MrsT

and I am stupidly excited!

thank you for all your support when I posted last week. I have since been signed off by the doctor and the Lighterlife medical team and my first session is sunday evening.

A few questions if I can:

• Exercise wise do I stop? carry on as normal? I do three aqua classes a week at present and would like to carry on with this
  • Water - Am I right in thinking this is the only drink I can have? I don't drink hot drinks but I am a real diet coke lover which I am trying to stop now (bad headaches on the go already!)
  • What can I expect from my first meeting?
Thank you for any replies,

MrsT

MrsT said:
and I am stupidly excited!

thank you for all your support when I posted last week. I have since been signed off by the doctor and the Lighterlife medical team and my first session is sunday evening.

A few questions if I can:

[*]Exercise wise do I stop? carry on as normal? I do three aqua classes a week at present and would like to carry on with this
[*]Water - Am I right in thinking this is the only drink I can have? I don't drink hot drinks but I am a real diet coke lover which I am trying to stop now (bad headaches on the go already!)
[*]What can I expect from my first meeting?
Thank you for any replies,

MrsT

I would reduce your exercise for the next few weeks whilst your body gets used to the new calorie level then build up back to where you currently are.

You can't have diet coke as it contains citric acid - which takes some people out of ketosis. If you don't want hot drinks en you'll be limited to water or sparkling water. However, your LLC sells water flavourings which you might like.

In your first meeting the first 30 mins or so will be spent weighing people in and getting their packs. Then you will be given a book for the therapy, which will be a 4 week module. Your LLC will take you through the activities of the group therapy from that book. She will ask questions and you will all be able to join in. The more you contribute the more you get out of it in my view. The counselling should take about an hour.

it is a great idea to stop the Diet Coke now as it won't help you in the first week to be going cold turkey on that too. it might also be worthwhile to start cutting back on carbs now as well. This will make your first week much easier. thankfully the excitement often gets you through.

I drink water and nothing else. Sometimes flavoured with the water flavourings - but actually I prefer it without. This is coming from someone who never drank water before. Now I have 3-4 litres or more a day. I am never seen without my trusty water bottle.

I have promised myself that another diet coke will never pass my lips. Now i know what it feels like to have that clear headed feeling of no caffiene, I am much happier (and healthier). Although I do indulge in a coffee added to my ice cold shakes sometimes. - funny thing is that i never drank coffee before i start LL. you can expect your tastes to changes dramatically!

All the best Mrs T first wk 1 can be a bit strange, I found i had a range of strange emotions, my taste buds change after the first week and the biggest shock once in ketosis is you can look smell and touch food without the need to eat it (different people have diff digrees of this) the one side effect that comes to mind is how cold you can get, sometimes a smelly breath but drink plenty of water and this should improve. Enjoy and post your success!!

Good luck Mrs T, I'm excited for you.
Do follow the advice already given, cutting down carbs before starting really helped me avoid all the possible side effects that can make the first few days more difficult.
Remember though not everyone gets them whilst getting into ketosis.
Just wait until your in Ketosis and look forward to that first weigh in. So great to see that weight coming off.

Back