I start today!

sbridge7

Silver Member
Well it's finally the 29th June and I start CD today! I'm looking forward, although I haven't prepared as it was my 18th on Friday. I'm slightly nervous, as I don't know what to expect. I've planned what I shall be having today.

Morning: Strawberry milkshake
Lunch: Chicken and mushroom soup
Evening: Chocolate mint milkshake

3 litres of water, plenty of peppermint tea and white tea ( not with milk that is.. the leaf tea!)

I'm feeling optimistic but also scared; think I'll go for a long walk as I eat during boredom. I'll have a nice bath and also go to library to pick up some books to occupy myself. I have a few social arrangements which I am avoiding for the first week. I really do want this and I've made a list of why, which will hopefully keep me going. I'm lucky to have the most amazing, supportive mother and she's keen to help me succeed with my CD journey, so she'll be motivating me too :)

Hey good luck,

You will do great just stay really focussed and keep your eyes on your goal. :)

Keep us posted on how you are getting on!

Laila x

Sbridge7, welcome and good luck its a great diet and just keep reading your goals and motivation which you wrote down. Your mum does sound very wonderful! Keep busy and keep drinking the water!

Bren
X

Having your mum support you through this will help you so much, you are lucky to have someone there for you, good luck hun, i know you have joined the best team to help you through;) lol.

Stick to it 100% and you will see fantastic results.

Thank you girls! I'm excited; had a bit of a late night and a few hours sleep, so hopefully I'll have a nap later to distract myself x

Good luck Sbridge7, i'm sure you will do very well with help of your mum and everyone on here.

Welcome and good luck for your first week on cd! You certaintly seem in the right frame of mind to get started. It can seem difficult at first as you adjust to not eating 'normal' food, but you will soon get used to it. The results speak for themselves, I lost an impressive 9lbs in my first week on ss, so that was enough to motivate me for the 2nd week!
I think mental toughness is the key to success on this plan, if you can master that then you will have no problems at all, except of course having to buy a whole new wardrobe!
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the lovely comments.
Chickenpie that is impressive; I agree with everything you've said, I was worried that I wasn't mentally prepared but I'm trying. I'm listening to my head rather than my stomach. Plus I'm doing a lot of things to distract myself :)

Hi sbridge,
Good luck today, I totally agree with what chickenpie said about its all in how mentally tough you are.
Just think, your only 18, do it now while you are young, don't be like me, and leave it till your in your 30's.
You'll be so glad you did. When im having a particulary hard day, and i feel like I want to eat, I just tell myself its not gonna taste as good as what i think it might.
Its always a battle, but Im winning, and so will you!!
Let us know how you get on XX

Thanks moti17, I agree. I need to kick this habit whilst I'm young because if I don't my weight will continue to go up; I'm really thankful as CD gives quick results which is something I need. Thanks for your lovely words x

Sbridge,
Hon, I am so pleased you have finally started, I know you have been waiting for ages, I remember your first post ages ago when you were waiting til you were 18 to start and now the day is finally here. .
Well done you!!
I know you are going to be a success as sound so positive and I know you really want to do it!!
So go girl!! We right behind you..
I hope you have an amazing 18th birthday and have lots of celebrations!!!
Good luck for your first week I am sure you are going to have a fab loss.
Keep smiling xx

Thanks Curly! I'm really glad I did actually get to start it. I'm feeling positive and I feel as though I'm making a change to my life. I really want to do this, although last week I kept worrying that I wasn't mentally prepared enough. I know it's only a few hours, but I'm feeling good. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a great time. It's great to finally be 18 :) xx

Ooops sorry hon I didnt realise, you have had your birthday I thought you meant this friday. I didnt read properly. I wondered why you didnt wait to have that first.. lol.. Glad you had a great time hon.
You can do it you can do it .. Your on the way to being slim!!!! xx

Good luck, I hope your first day goes well! The next 3 or 4 days may be difficult, but you need to remember that you CAN get through them, and you WILL. Just keep pushing through. Any time you feel like you need to give up, come on here, make a post, and we'll talk you out of it I promise! Once day 3 and 4 are over it'll be soooo much easier I assure you. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones who actually cope ok with it all. But either way, we're all here for you!

Hi i am starting back today Goodluck for the both of us we can do it :D:D

So many starters this week/today!

Sbridge7, you will do well. Dont let any negative thoughts or the temptation devil speak to you! Keep busy and dont think of this as a diet. Having a nap or going for a walk, playing a game will help to keep you distracted from food thoughts. Remember to drink lots.

I always try on my clothes which were a bit tight last week, during the times of thoughts about deviating. It keeps you motivated when they fit or even better you have a goal for the following week besides getting obsessed with a number on the scales.

Bren
X

wow just read your 18, very wise to get weight sorted now so you can enjoy your life :)

You will do it hun, and being a spring chicken it will be even easier, wish you all the best love and we are here if you need support.

take care x

Good luck, I hope your first day goes well! The next 3 or 4 days may be difficult, but you need to remember that you CAN get through them, and you WILL. Just keep pushing through. Any time you feel like you need to give up, come on here, make a post, and we'll talk you out of it I promise! Once day 3 and 4 are over it'll be soooo much easier I assure you. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones who actually cope ok with it all. But either way, we're all here for you!

Hey Caroline,
Thanks for the support; at the moment I'm not feeling too bad. I'm occupying myself with the internet and drink lots of water and peppermint tea. I'm feeling quite good at the moment. I think that once I get pass the 3/4 days, it'll all fall into place :)

Back