i still cant stop :(

PinkMantha

time to get focused
i still cant stop sleep eating, every night i am getting up binging, i am doing so well on weight watchers untill the dreaded night times! i hve been looking it up online and it is known and alot of people do it. i might talk to my therapist about it when i see him next, something has to be done about it, iv put on about 8lb in 2 weeks :(

talking to your therapist is a good idea. you need to work out why you are feasting at night. what your triggers are.

evenings were always my bad times, I would put kids to bed and eat all evening, now I have a bath, watch a film and eat fruit anything really to stop, its such an easy habit to start and really hard to stop. I have noticed it creeping back over the past 2 weeks, so I need to nip it b4 it gets back to going from 2 biscuits toi the whole packet. i think its all a mind game takes a lot of will power

do you mean you wake during the night to get up to eat??or is it just evening times,,i find the evenings worse as everyone else home.,eating and asking for nice things:)

Pink you're eating is more a symptom of your illness than anything else and until you learn techniques to manage the underlying illness the symptoms/side effects will be harder to manage. I suggest not focussing on the food/weight so much and accept it's part of your illness and instead focus on the self-help techniques you've been advised of. Then.. when your head is in the right place you'll find it easier to address the weight.

Have you come off those sleeping tablets yet? I really would see your doctor, nits a very common side effect and no amount of willpower will help as you are not in control of yourself, you are 95% asleep!

yummymummy75 said:
do you mean you wake during the night to get up to eat??or is it just evening times,,i find the evenings worse as everyone else home.,eating and asking for nice things:)

Yes I am waking during th night and eating c

Pink,

so sorry you are still struggling but I have to agree with Goreygirl - she has offered you some fantastic advice (here and in previous threads). Its not fair on you to beat yourself up for something you can't help - you weight is really the side effect here not the problem (does that make sense). Anyway hope you manage to find a solution. (((hugs)))

yay!

thats really good - hope it continues

Well done hon..

Hey hon

Have a look at this and then maybe ask your GP for a referral to a sleep disorder clinic? Bravespace

have handy healthy snacks ready, sugar free jelly is free. n comes in handy ready made tubs too. u can buy um in blk on offer in tesco and asda usually x hope this helps

And save back a certain amount of your WW points in advance to take it into account. That's not giving yourself permission but is just acknowledging and working what is happening into your plan.

Try not to have naughty things in your cupboards either!! I know it's not always easy especially if you live with someone...

Try not to have naughty things in your cupboards either!! I know it's not always easy especially if you live with someone...

That's a good point, actually. What sort of things do you go for when you go on a night-time snack hunt? Are they the sort of things you could avoid buying? Or is there someone else in the house who insists that these things are available?

Lily said:
That's a good point, actually. What sort of things do you go for when you go on a night-time snack hunt? Are they the sort of things you could avoid buying? Or is there someone else in the house who insists that these things are available?

I live with my dad and sister and they have biscuits and chocolate for there lunch and that's what I go for, If it carries on then I need to start diving in for my ww choc bars

Couldn't you get them to lock them away? I know that sounds a bit drastic, but they surely know that you have problems with chocolate and biscuits?

Back