I think I need a new CDC!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Most of you will know that I had issues with my CDC. Arranging to see her was a nightmare. It was meant to be Monday evening and she said she couldn't do then on Sunday morning, so I had to do SS+ for 2 days so I'd have enough shakes as I was using up my old ones. So rearranged for 9am on Tuesday and then at 7.30 see text me saying needed to make it midday. Then she didn't have a huge variety and I ended up coming away with no porridge, which I love. Hardly any choc mint, which I love more! And not quite enough bars, so made up for in the number of shakes. And handed over £190 for the privilege!

And then while I was there she was like oh I don't bother to measure arms and thighs, and I don't bother to do them every week, there's no point.

Anyway, I don't think I'd mentioned to her that I'd started by using up my old packs, so today would be Day 4. And have I heard from her? No, not at all. Not a single phone call, email or even text. My old CDC was great, regular texts checking how I was doing. But this lady seems more keen on getting my money, it was her idea I took a months worth, and said if I wanted to come back in between I could.

So in summary... she's utterly crap! Anyone able to recommend a CDC in Birmingham?

Shame you gave her 190 ... maybe she don't order much as she is useless ....and her idea a months worth , seems to me she wanted the cash... her heart is not into it as you can see .
hope you find a good one soon !

Can't recommend one but she sounds awful!!! All CDCs are supposed to keep the full range in stock I believe. I hate unsupportive CDCs. You would think by doing the diet she would know how important it is to get support!

Some of them however are clearly only in it for the money :(

How much does she charge ?

Shame you gave her 190 ... maybe she don't order much as she is useless ....and her idea a months worth , seems to me she wanted the cash... her heart is not into it as you can see .
hope you find a good one soon !

Totally agree, does sound like she needed the money for something.

But still Carol, you got a month to suffer through as you don't have the bits you love :(.

oh dear:mad:, my cdc said i had to do my own measurements,i been emailing her everyday and been getting a reply, mines lovely

Becca... she doesn't have that excuse! She's in her late 20's early 30's, has a blackberry so access to emails all the time and had no problems emailing and texting me before!

MrsJMC it definitely sounds like she's in it for the money. She's been doing it for 4 months, she has no excuse! The £190 was a reduced rate for 4 weeks of 28 packs, so think it works out to £1.70 a pack.

Gem you're right, I think they are. I said about choc mint and she gave me a few and was like oh I need to keep the rest, someone else has ordered them. Well that's why I sent her the list of things I liked and wanted too!! She only ordered the delivery the day before and arrived that morning, so she really didn't have any excuse.

I mean, I'm doing fine, it's not like I've really needed her support. But it's her JOB to be checking, she doesn't know that! I think that I'm going to go and see a new CDC next week, and explain I've got a months supply but I want to buy extra bars, choc mint and porridge so that I have what I like. I don't mind not having porridge every day, but none for a month.. pfft! So if I went and bought say 28 porridges, 21 choc mints, and 7 more bars it would cost me about another £100 but that would be me covered for the next 6 weeks. As I get my student loan termly it doesn't really make a big difference when I pay it. And it would mean I'd get porridge 2 out of 3 days, and a choc mint every day or too, so I'd cope with that.

Why do CDCs have to be such hassle sometimes, don't they realise it's difficult enough?! There are a couple of CDCs that will travel to me, I might do that if I'm going to get a month's supply at a time, would be a lot easier that way.

Did she give you a receipt Caroline? The receipt actually states CDCs must give you a refund for any unopened packs if purchased within the last 14 ( I think!) days. Good luck finding a new CDC. Alternatively , find someone reasonable who'll let you buy enough to balance out what you have for a few weeks and then buy a full order after that. They should be fine with that.

Also, she kept going on about how she 'doesn't chase people' and 'it's not worth it' because 'people come back if they want to'. So in summary, she really doesn't give a crap about her clients. Though she's wanting to do it as her full time job, I won't be recommending her I tell you!

Have emailed some of the CDCs that the CD site are showing as local to me so we'll see.

Nope, no receipt. I think I am just going to find someone to buy some extra from, have emailed some people so we'll see.

It just annoys me. This woman has 10 clients, 10 people who are spending a lot of money trying to do something about their weight, and they're entrusting that journey to her. Personally, I think it's wrong, totally wrong. If they've not done CD before they might think that's normal, they might not realise they're meant to get a lot more support than she gives. A lot lot more. It's not meant to be that difficult, it's hard enough already!

Caroline, its part of her code of conduct to stock all products so there really isn't any excuse for not having what you want unless you've asked for a bulk number of items with no notice or unless there have been delivery problems due to the bad weather. I wouldn't have handed over my money for a months worth of stuff that i didn't really want. I'd try contacting a few other CDCs in your area as she sounds like she's really not interested. Good on you for being so committed to the diet with little/no support - I'd imagine some of her other clients may be struggling if there's no support?

I need to stop cross posting people! I gave her a couple of days notice on the months supply front, but I said that I knew it was short notice, she said it was fine, she was doing an order anyway. It's my own fault, I should have said something. I'm just too much of a shrink into the background person, I found it difficult to.

I do wonder about her clients I'll be honest. I almost wish I could take them away with me!

Just had two replies back and they already seem a lot better, have both said it's not on. And both said they can come to see me as they're in my area every day anyway. So will go with one of them I think.

How about we go into business together and pinch all her clients?LOL We'll show them the way ;)

Hayley I think it's a plan!! It has made me go you know what, I could do better than that! I think I would consider it once I'm down to the BMI that you need to be. Is it 25? I can't remember.

what support does your cdc suppose to give you????

good luck with the new 1 caroline

good luck with your new 1

what support does your cdc suppose to give you????

These snippets are taken from the website.

What to expect from your Independent Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant.

Your accredited Consultant is there to offer advice on the Diet programmes available to you and to encourage you to maintain your new weight.

Before you start
Your Consultant must conduct a screening interview and complete a Medical Record Form (MRF) with you before supplying any Diet products. (If you return after an interval of six months or more, they will complete a new MRF for you)

Starting the Diet
At the first face-to-face meeting, your Consultant will weigh and measure you and then discuss an appropriate target weight with you.

Consultants will have available a copy of “Weight Plan Introduction” booklet for every new customer. A copy of “Weight Plan Step 1 Sole Source” must also be provided if you are undertaking either the Sole Source or Sole Source Plus programme.

As you progress towards your target weight your Consultant will recommend a change of Step. Even when you reach your target, you should continue to see your Consultant until you are confident that your new weight is being successfully maintained.

Keeping in touch
Your Consultant will call you on day two or three of your diet to see how you are getting on.

Your Consultant should arrange to see you on a weekly basis to weigh, measure and check your progress before providing further products.

So basically, they're just meant to support you. So checking to see how you're doing, being there for support when you need them, but not always waiting for you. My CDC called me on day 3 and day 5 first time round, would send me a personal text asking how I was doing once a week and then on a saturday she'd text a mass text with a quote or some kind of encouragement to keep at it, as weekends are the hardest times.

Yeah i think I read it was a BMI of 25 - I'd love to do it, then I could jack in my current job :D One day..... ;)

I think I'm realising I would too. I actually really enjoy the whole exercise and nutrition side of things later on too, so might think about it!

Nope, no receipt. I think I am just going to find someone to buy some extra from, have emailed some people so we'll see.

It just annoys me. This woman has 10 clients, 10 people who are spending a lot of money trying to do something about their weight, and they're entrusting that journey to her. Personally, I think it's wrong, totally wrong. If they've not done CD before they might think that's normal, they might not realise they're meant to get a lot more support than she gives. A lot lot more. It's not meant to be that difficult, it's hard enough already!
I completely agree with you. I've been through a few CDCs. I have a commercial background and it astounds me how some of these CDCs act. Surely they'd realise a decent service would equal more customers. (Though 10 customers doesn't sound like much I must admit)

CD I guess is like a franchise but the CDCs seem to have a lot of free reign, at times it's too much.

My last CDC was rather slack, which suited me fine because I didn't want or need the support but it's amazing the variety in them.

Back