I think iv eaten too much

Davey1984

Hi everyone,

I'm a ww reject and can not get my head around the whole no counting and weighing business as iv always been told that the only way to lose weight is to create a calorie deficit, well I had a really good sw day so curiosity got the better of me and I ww pointed everything iv eaten and iv gone over my daily points allowance and I still haven't had my HEXA and HEXB, And 10 of my syns? Whenever I went over my points on ww I would always gain weight and now I'm so concerned that I'm gonna gain weight.

I know that u need to forget everything that uv been taught but this is difficult.
Please can someone help me and advise?

xxx

I don't know weight watchers at all I'm afraid. Basically the basis if Slimming World revolves around free and super free food. You fill yourself up on these, which have few calories and are filling, so you don't eat loads of the higher calorie foods.
I know it will be difficult but you need to forget WW. Its a totally different plan based on different things.

if you follow SW properly you should still get a calorie deficit - people have worked out their average day to be around 1500

Forget WW! The free foods are ones that fill you up for longer for their calories so you cannot compare the two plans

300 calories chocolate as a snack will not fill you up and you will be hungry half an hour later

300 calories pasta as a meal usually with superfree foods and you are full for a long time

What have you eaten and we will take a look for you

Hi everyone,

I'm a ww reject and can not get my head around the whole no counting and weighing business as iv always been told that the only way to lose weight is to create a calorie deficit, well I had a really good sw day so curiosity got the better of me and I ww pointed everything iv eaten and iv gone over my daily points allowance and I still haven't had my HEXA and HEXB, And 10 of my syns? Whenever I went over my points on ww I would always gain weight and now I'm so concerned that I'm gonna gain weight.

I know that u need to forget everything that uv been taught but this is difficult.
Please can someone help me and advise?

xxx

Hi Davey,

I haven't done WW before but I've been doing SW since January and I have lost 16lbs which I learnt today is the same weight as a sperm whale's brain :D My losses are slow because I have an under active thyroid so I am very proud of my achievement so far. Have a look at my food diary (link is below) I eat loads more now than I did when I was heavier and I can tell you that it does work you just need to find the right balance for you. Learn about this eating plans and personalise it as some people lose more with less carbs (Red days) while some lose more with more (Green days).

Good luck on your SW journey Xx

Circes said:
if you follow SW properly you should still get a calorie deficit - people have worked out their average day to be around 1500

Forget WW! The free foods are ones that fill you up for longer for their calories so you cannot compare the two plans

300 calories chocolate as a snack will not fill you up and you will be hungry half an hour later

300 calories pasta as a meal usually with superfree foods and you are full for a long time

What have you eaten and we will take a look for you

Hun my daily food is below;

Green Day

BREAKFAST
2 Alpen Lights (HEXB)

LUNCH
Jacket Potato
Baked Beans
Side Salad
100g Coleslaw (5.5 syns)

DINNER
Omelette (28g Cheese - HEXA)
Mushy Peas

SNACK
Apple
2 Satsumas
Mullerlight Yoghurt

xxx

That looks like a good day Davey.

Cherry-Blossom said:
That looks like a good day Davey.

That's what I thought which was why I was worried when I see that I had gone over my daily points.

Could I now have my other HEXB and have an Alpen Light Bar or is that pushing it too much xxx

Hun my daily food is below;

Green Day

BREAKFAST
2 Alpen Lights (HEXB)

LUNCH
Jacket Potato
Baked Beans
Side Salad
100g Coleslaw (5.5 syns)

DINNER
Omelette (28g Cheese - HEXA)
Mushy Peas

SNACK
Apple
2 Satsumas
Mullerlight Yoghurt

xxx

That looks good Davey! And it doesn't look too much at all either. The only thing I can say is that some days you may eat over your WW points but other days you may eat under. I've done WW and SW and sometimes I point my SW days and sometimes I have say 35 pro points and other days I have 23 especially on red days or days when I have speed foods! So it all balances out in the end. Even though you may be apprehensive about trusting SW, try to hang in there for a week and you'll see that you'll have a good loss. Good luck!

That's what I thought which was why I was worried when I see that I had gone over my daily points.

Could I now have my other HEXB and have an Alpen Light Bar or is that pushing it too much xxx

Points don't exist when you're doing SW Davey :p You could have another HexB choice and remember you can have 2 HexA choices on a green day which are cheese and milk. You could have cereal before bed if you like or break up the alpen lights and have them with warm milk like cereal...YUM! Xx

I agree - it looks like a great SW day!

Yes have your HEB but try to have something other than alpen lights - go for variety and anyway I find they bung me up if I eat too many

Back