I think ive messed up my diet :(

crazylilblondie

Pizza addict
Right now im feeling so disgusting and awful. I think ive ruined my diet today - and it wasnt even my fault!

I was making my chocolate mint shake, and I make it in this big green beaker thing. Anyways I have this tiny little box of splenda, and it was in this beaker... i put my powder on top of it without realising and poured in the water - it was only when the splenda box popped to the top i realised what Id done!

As I began drinking my shake it tasted sweeter than usual and sickly, and then when I tried the splenda box it all came out like glupe - so heaven knows how much sweetener went into my shake - i couldnt finish it.

I just feel disgusting inside and feel like Ive kicked myself out of ketosis and ruined my diet and will put on weight today from it. I already feel 10lbs heavier! :needhug:

((hugs)) I doubt you will have kicked yourself out of ketosis.. but if you have it won't be for long.. drink LOTS of water and finish todays shakes/packs when you want to :)

Don't let this get to you hun, blimey I thought you'd eaten a cream cake or something! ;) :p

Ruining a diet takes you to give up.. you don't sound like you've given up!! Are just angry at the sweetener pot! lol

Come on.. give us a smile! ;) ((hugs)):hug99:

lol I don't add sweetener either but each to their own ;)

I wasnt even adding sweetener to the shake, it just happened to be in the cup I was usuing and obviously the water got into the box and caused the sweetener to liquidise and leak into my shake :(

I've thrown up to try and get as much out of my system, but now Im shaking because of all the sugar i must of digested already that my body is no longer used to.

I just feel like ive ruined my hard work :(

honey, it's sweetener not sugar and do not make yourself throw up, think of all those other essential nutrients you'll be throwing up and depriving yourself of anyway!
Sweeteners don't even have calorific value or any carbs in anyway do they?

Seriously do not beat yourself up about this!

Ive already been sick.. and I feel really sick and shaky too :(

That will probably be because you have thrown up your shake! Sweetner would not throw you out of Ketosis, its not sugar.

Not trying to be harsh or anything but it was one shake, you might be overreacting a little bit. Go lie down, take it easy and try and have another shake later on.

That will probably be because you have thrown up your shake! Sweetner would not throw you out of Ketosis, its not sugar.

Not trying to be harsh or anything but it was one shake, you might be overreacting a little bit. Go lie down, take it easy and try and have another shake later on.

I cant Im at work. I just really want this diet to work, im quite strict on myself and just dont want to put in a lot of effort just to spoil it :(

Lots of people intentionally put sweetners in their shakes, its not strictly allowed but like Marigold Bullion or Listerine Strips, it wont mess with your ketosis.

Chances are the whole sick-dizzy thing is coming from the panic you seem to be in, not the few bits of sweetner that youve intaken.

You certainly wont gain from having a bit of sweetner on one occasion, so dont worry about it! and you cant 'spoil it' in one day - it takes you giving up to spoil it, otherwise it is nothing more than a momentary lapse which you can forget and move on from :)

Back