I want to be 10 stone!!! - T's food diary

I been off plan for about 4 days and once again i feel horrible, fat, grumpy and my skin is breaking out. Why oh Why do i do it???
This time i convinced myself it was for the best, how i dont know but i did. No i feel rubbish.
I didnt weigh in this week, so will leave this till Saturday but i sure i will have put on 2 takeaways, 1/2 large bar of Cadburys wholenut, lots of white bread and butter to name but a few of the lot i ate.

Well here is the line i have drawn. A end to eating rubbish and feeling rubbish.

Monday - Red starting again.

Well today i have been good but thats only cause i been so busy.
During the day i went food shopping and stocked up on lots of sw goodies for this week, so fingers crossed this week should at least make a little dent in whatever bad i did at the weekend.

I think the thing that still surprises me, is how terrible i feel after eating all the rubbish foods. I wish i could somehow tattoo this into my head so when i feel the urge i say no.

Well back to today, as i been busy i not had much fruit and veg, but i am aiming this week to have at least 10 a day.

Breakfast - Banana (1) - this was at 10am then i left work, went shopping to Aldi and Morrisons and didnt eat again till 4.30pm.

Lunch - 2 slices of wholemeal 400g loaf with Roast Chicken.

Tea - 50g lean corned beef, 1.5 syns, Potatoes and Silverskin Onions in Balsamic Vinegar (2).

I really need to eat some fresh fruit this evening to at least eat the recommended 5.
So to up my fruit and veg i took an apple (3) for the walk with the dog.

Came back and while cooking lunch for tomorrow, quartered an orange (4).

I then had some Oakhurst Red Thai Chicken, syn free and yummy. 7 Olives - 1 syn and Sun dried Tomatoes (5)- 1 syn.

Treat with cup of tea was chocolate cake, 7 syns.
It was yummy and sickly but definately worth the 7 syns.

Syns today 10.5 so far.

Last edited:
Tuesday - EE
Had quite a busy day and only just sat down, but all meetings attended, 1 hour Zumba class attended, really loved this. Came home put all the ingredients in for the chunky beef stew in the slow cooker for tomorrow's tea.
Eventually ate my tea at 9.30pm. But it was yummy and now i stuffed.

Breakfast - banana (1)

Lunch - Oakhurst Red Thai Chicken on a bed of Mixed Peppers (2), Mushrooms (3) and Tomatoes (4) oven baked. Mullerlight

Snacks - Sugarsnap Peas (5), Apple (6),

Tea - Spaghetti Bolgnese (tomatoes, mushrooms, onions) (7,8,9,) Raw Carrot (10)

Managed to eat 10 fruit and veg, so all in a great day.

Snacks - Cheese Curls - 3.5 syns, Fibre Plus Bar

Syns today 3.5
Syns saved for weekend - 16

Last edited:
Chunky beef casserole
Syn free on Red

1lb 5oz extra lean stewing steak
4 sticks of celery
2 onions
3 carrots
12oz swede
2 garlic cloves
400g can chopped tomatoes
400ml stock (Bovril)
1 tsp Canderel
1 bay leaf, 2 tsp dried herbs, salt and pepper
Cut steak into large chunks, slice celery, roughly chop onions, carrots and swede. Crush the garlic. Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on Auto for a minimum of six hours

Wednesday - working late, this is where i came undone last week so got to be extra careful.

Red Day

Breakfast - Only ended up having 1 kipper as my dad nicked the other one, but it was yummy and filling.

Snacks - Apple (2), Rich tea biscuit - 2 syns

Lunch - 3 sainsbury bakery wholemeal mini rolls, 57g x 2. Salmon and Cucumber (1), Cheese Curlies - 3.5 syns, Quavers 4.5 syns, Mullerlight

Snacks - Orange quartered (3), Sugarsnap Peas (4), Blue Riband 5 syns

Tea - Slowcooker beef stew, (5,6,7,8,9,10)

Snacks - small piece of chocolate sponge - 5 syns

Syns 20
Syns saved for weekend 11

Last edited:
Thursday - Green

Breakfast - banana (1)

Snacks - Sugarsnap peas (2), Apple (3),

NO lunch

Tea - SW pizza with half ham and half tuna mushrooms, chillies, tomatoes.

Zumba was brilliant and at last i found an exercise i love only took 33 years

Last edited:
Hello food diary.
I found you.
I recently got back on plan and couldnt find my diary, so started a weight loss one, but as all i do is write my food down, seemed silly to call it a weight loss one so i back here.

At last i have found my food diary.
I started this so long ago and reading it now has really helped me see that although it was last year, my eating habits are just the same.
Hopefully this will help me in changing them.
I still believe it is all about being prepared - cooking tea the night before is the best way for me to stick to plan and when i know what i am having for tea, i can work out if it is red, green or extra easy day and eat lunch, breakfast and snacks accordingly.

Plan for today - Tuesday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Mushrooms, strange breakfast but actually really nice

Lunch - Mullerlight. Wholemeal Roll, Roast Beef, 2 Bananas

Tea - Homemade Yummy Lasagne - recipe below, it is meant to make 4 portions, but i made it into 8 so 2 syns a portion, (Hea).

Snacks - Melon, Grapes, M & M peanut - 12.5, Snaps - 4, Coconut Ring - 1.5 and Rich Tea 2

Syns - 23 so far
Weekly Syns so far 34.5

Last edited:
Slimming World Lasagne (4 syns for this portion)

It can be made using Colmans Cheddar cheese sauce which is 8 syns for the pack or Schwarts cheddar cheese sauce which is 7.5 syns for the pack. It has to be made up using 300ml of milk so you would have to use the milk as HEA or syn it.

I MADE THIS LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS GORGEOUS. MUCH NICE THAN ANY READY BOUGHT LASAGNE I'VE HAD IN THE PAST.

Ingredients:
500g Extra lean minced beef
4 rashes of smoked bacon (all visible fat removed)
a box of button mushrooms
1 red & 1 yellow pepper
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500g carton of passata
mixed herbs
lea & perrins
splash of red wine
1 beef oxo cube
Lasagne sheets
1 packet of Colman's cheese sauce (8 syns)
HEA of Cheese.

Method:
brown off all the chopped veg in a large frying pan, add minced beef and brown for 10-15 minutes, drain fat, add the tinned tomatoes & passata, a few splashes of lea and perrins and red wine and then crumble in the oxo cube. Add the mixed herbs and simmer for 30 minutes,stirring every few minutes.

Line a casserole dish with some of the bolognese, then lasagne sheets and vice versa.
Top with the cheese sauce & sprinkle on some cheese.
Cook in the oven on gas mark 6 for around 30 minutes.

23 syns today but i will hopefully be able to counteract this tomorrow.
The Lasagne was out of this world and so lovely, i recommend this to everyone.

I am going to try scotch eggs tomorrow. I am loving sw at the moment. I know i went over today but for the first time in ages i just excepted it and got straight back on plan.
I really proud of myself. I just had to post this so i can look back on harder days and remember i can.

Weds - EE

B - Scotch Egg - 1 syn and slice of toast with jam - 1.5 syns

L - Lasagne left over from yesterday with salad

D - ????

Wednesday went bad again!
I have no idea why i am so hungry on Weds every week.
Yesterday i craved everything and ate everything.
Only SW thing i ate was the scotch egg i made for breakfast, which i have to say are yummy and i will be making these again very soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The line however is drawn, next week i will prepare better and take lots of free foods to snack on.
But today i have woke up motivated and rearing to get back on plan.
I really wonder how people lose lots of stone, i cant even stick to plan for a full 7 days????

Please help me to change this and give me some willpower to stop and think.

Thursday the plan

Breakfast - Mullerlight - didnt fancy anything else
Lunch - Pasta in sauce with melon for dessert
Mid Afternoon - 2 free fruit and Mullerlight
Tea - Not sure yet but me thinks fish, boiled potatoes and vegetables on the menu.
Snacks - 2 Mango's need eating up tonight

Sunday - EE

Not a bad day, did go over on syns but stuck with the principals and have planned night time teas and also made 4 syn scotch eggs for tomorrow too.

Monday - Steak and Salad
Tuesday - Lasagne and Salad
Wednesday - Chicken Soup
Thursday - Pork Steaks in gravy with Veg
Friday - Its my brother 40th and we going to YO Sushi, so hopefully not too bad syn wise.

Monday - Red Day

Breakfast - Dry fried egg, 3 bacon and slice of toast
Lunch - Scotch Egg (4 syns), Salmon Sandwich with cucumber
Tea - Steak and Salad
Snacks - Cadburys buttons - 4 syns, Mullerlight
Red Wine - 7 syns

Last edited:
Yesterday didn't go as planned as i had a little munch out last night. This time i didn't just think oh well and get off plan i worked out syns eaten and it was not too bad only 22. As i have 15 some days only 7 over so today will keep syns to a minimum.
The plan for today is as follows
Ee
Breakfast - bacon and mushroom omelette
Lunch - ryvita tinned salmon and salad followed by mullerlight
Tea - yummy lasagna jkt potato and salad
Syns so far - 2

So much for planning, when i got home from work after 10 hours (it should have been 7.5) i didnt fancy lasagne. Not that it has gone to waste i have cut it into 8 portions and bunged it in the freezer.
Quick meals 2 syns a piece cant be a bad thing.

Anyway today ended up being red and i stuck to plan only 11 syns.

Tomorrow will be a challenge as we have a Fish and Chip Quiz Night at work.
The boss pays for fish and chips for all and i am the unlucky one collecting 100 portions from the chippy.
Luckily i have blagged the pool car, dont like the idea of my motor smelling like a fishmongers for days on end.

So i have a plan.
Green day

Boiled Eggs and Soliders - Heb
Mugshot
Banana
Chips from Chippy - 17syns
Fish - Heb - i plan to not eat batter.
So hopefully 17 syns tomorrow only a few over, lets see what happens.
To be continued.................

Back