I want to eat

Im doing 4 packs plus veg , are you having your veg

I really crave having proper food to chew on like you so for my evening meal i have 200g veg

rocket, spinache leaves , mushroom , celery , pepper (i know not really allowd )
it makes a massive plate full
then i pour the spag bol over it , I make it with more water so it goes further ,

I can really get my teeth into this meal and i do feel like ive eaten properly

Im strugling like you , im soo hungry and Im on day 5 , I dont think Im in ketosis, but its becasue i cheat too much , pick here and there , I know I shouldnt and Im making it harder for myself

going to try to stick to just 3 packs today and no picking and hope that ketosis kicks in and keeps the hunger at bay

good luck today

Not having veg. My problem isn't normally that I get hungry, it's very rare I do. Even going into ketosis I wasn't hungry. With the meals as they are now a spag bol makes me feel humongous and like I've over filled myself. I don't think I could manage veg on top of that. A few weeks down the line I may look at having the occasional chicken and veg though.

I think my problem was from spending a week watching everyone else in my class at uni eating in front of me like all the time and really really wanting to as well. I've now got a little list going in my head of the things I want to eat when I have a week off, though I plan on cutting down portion sizes a lot from what I used to have and spending most of the week eating totally healthily.

I know what you mean Cherry as I just wanted certain things in the run up to Xmas. It wasn't hunger, it was just the taste and flavour, and the comfort factor of having eaten something plus everyone else had it and I wanted it too. Just be careful you don't do it too often as once your head says it's ok to cheat it's damn difficult to get back on track. A little cheat becomes a big cheat and so on until you're pretty much off the diet. I know you were sensible last night and looked at the cals / carbs and if you are going to have a meltdown that's the most sensible thing to do, although stick to protein if you can manage to.

I don't want to cheat at all but I know that being on such a restrictive diet is sometimes going to mean I struggle a lot. Kind of hoping that as long as it's only very occasionally and that I choose something that won't send me out of ketosis a small cheat is unlikely to hurt too much and will make this more bearable and me less likely to crack!

Yeah, that's a sensible way of looking at it and watch out for the carbs as if you get thrown out of ketosis it makes it so much harder. Stay away from your fellow students' chips, curly or not! ;)

And what animal is next in store for your signature, and how much do you have to lose to leave the Shetland pony behind?

I think at 225lb I might leave the Shetland behind. Not sure what for though.

AAW8 have a snacklist that you're allowed and won't take you out of ketosis. Here's some ideas:

* Nuts
*Seeds
*Quorn
*Egg
*Apricot/Plum/Plum

Let me know if any of these interest you and I can tell you how much is allowed for someone on a vlcd. (Just don't wanna type eveyrthing up - it's far too much -:D)

Hey, if you don't mind I would be interested in knowing the quantities. I have been having chicken salad (using the allowed chicken and veg) for tea most nights and I can see that getting old soon!!

Hey, if you don't mind I would be interested in knowing the quantities. I have been having chicken salad (using the allowed chicken and veg) for tea most nights and I can see that getting old soon!!

No problem - just let me know which item on the list you're interested in and I'll post it for you. It's just all far too much to type in one go :)

I have been having chicken salad (using the allowed chicken and veg) for tea most nights and I can see that getting old soon!!

You could swap the chicken for a poached egg, or some white fish, or some prawns. As long as you stick to around 100 calories for the protein you should be ok I think as that's no different to having a 4th pack.

You can have the vegetables roasted (peppers, mushrooms, shallots, spring onions maybe) in chilli or paprika. I roast mine in the oven but I lose the oil and just add a little water and cover them up with foil until they are almost cooked so they don't burn. All power to those who can do this without the vegetables at all, but for me it's a lifesaver.

Back