I want to look great naked!

Masataka

I want to start a log to realise my dream of looking great naked!

Unfortunately, I don't work at the moment so I find it really easy to raid the larder in the kitchen...

To make it worse, my house-mate is always buying me really fattening foods for me too eat...

I'm not seriously overweight but I will be very soon if I don't take action now and try to eat less. Hence this log.

Bascially, I eat too much because I am bored.

Btw, I am starting this log at just under 5ft at 8.4 st

Being petite, all the extra pounds really show on me <big sigh>

My target weight is 7.7 stone.

I know that if I only eat when I am hungry, I hardly need to eat anything at all on a day to day basis. It's really scary. But I like eating <another big sigh>

My total calorie intake today is approx 1600. This is 300 calories over my 1300 maximum calorie intake for someone of my height. And I feel sick because I just had a huge binge on crisps (my normal binge food!).

I think the problem is that I started to feel lonely and depressed this afternoon. I am nearing 40 too and my life just feels like it is in such a mess. I had tried to do well with my life and it just feels like I haven't gotten anywhere really. Maybe this is normal but all I seem to read about on the internet are people who have done well in life.

Hmmm.. maybe I should stop judging myself against other people.

Hello Masataka,

Welcome to the club of tiny people, I'm just 5'2 ft. And yes, just a little gain in pounds can looks like a lot in us.
I'm at maintenance and weight 7.6 stones.
My calorie intake is near 1600 cals, but I exercise almost everyday and eat healthy (except at parties/weekends) and have been mantaining my weight the last months.

I really think that you should talk to your room-mate and explain that you're trying to become healthier so you'd feel pleased if she/he stops sabotaging your diet (I tell this all the time to my coworkers, family, friends, ...).
Also, look for some activity you enjoy to avoid getting bored: go volunteer, join some sports group, read, whatever you may enjoy.
As long as diet goes drink water (lots of it) because sometimes we think we're hungry but we're just thristy ;)

And most important, trust yourself and smile to life :)

You've come to the right place for support with your diet goals whatever they are, and no need to feel lonely or depressed on these boards, lots of friendly people to talk with! :)

I was chatting to a guy who was 85 lately, he looked no older than 50 and I had just an amazing conversation with him, you could just sense his spirit for life, always smiling. Age doesn't matter, it's what you've got inside your heart and head that matters :)

'doing well' is relative. Lots of people that look content from a worldly point of view, are not happy behind the veil. One day we will leave this little planet, if you can appreciate what gifts you have now in this moment you will find happiness :) don't worry about the past or future - just make the right choices now and the future will take care of itself. The past, has been or gone, so don't waste your presence thinking about it :)

Gl with your diary i look foward to reading your updates!

I would like to look good too as I am slightly overweight. I started going to my local Esporta gym and I can tell the atmosphere in the gym and its equipment and stuff motivate me so much to keep going on. I am plesantly surprised with this gym because I havent experienced something like that ever before...

Yes, I wud love to look good naked,lol. Good luck on you're jouney. :)

Thank you everyone for all your support :)

I have told my house-mate that I want to try and eat a bit better. But my house-mate also has a slight weight problem and I think he feels better if I eat badly with him <chuckle>

Anyway, I decided that I sounded so miserable starting this diary on this website that I should forget about weight for a couple of days and think more about my mental and emotional health.

And this seems to have worked.

I have found I have gradually moved away from comfort eating to eating only when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. Which is great!

However, I did slip up yesterday when I drank half a bottle of wine in front of the TV. I then proceeded to just eat non-stop! Mindlessly in front of the TV too. I always do this when I drink alcohol. Even worse is the next day, I then need to eat not because I am hungry, but because I need something 'stodgy' in my stomach! And that is even more needless calories that my 'body' doesn't really need...

However despite my weakness when drinking alcohol and then eating too much food, I lost about a stone and a half a few year's back using the Paul McKenna system of:

1. eat when you are hungry
2. stop eating when you are full
3. eat consciously
4. eat what you want and not what you think you should

For me, this actually sounds a bit easier than it is in reality. This is because sometimes, I do think of food as a reward or I need to eat when I am not hungary because I am cooking for others and so on.

But as a rough system, I find this system of eating not too bad. And it seems logical to eat this way ie. you follow what your body is telling you.

So changing my way of eating so I am following this system again, my average calore intake for the last 7 days has been 1300 overall. This is the maximum number of calories that I can eat for my height without putting on weight. So I shouldn't have put on weight and neither should I have lost.

But as I have moved from comfort eating at the beginning of this week to eating when my body has been telling me it needs food (apart from alcohol induced binge), I think this is a good result and a good start to my diary :)

It's so nice to come and see you're much better:)

That Paul McKenna thing sounds like intuitive eating in wich people eat only when thay feel hungry and not because it's meal time.

Just make sure you don't drink alcohol, it just sabotage your diet and it's empty calories.

You go girl!!

Thanks Aline for your comments :) It's funny that there are two people on this forum who are petite and doesn't eat meat! LOL!

Well for the past 6 days, I haven't been able to successfully eat only when I am hungry. But at least I am fine at stopping eating when I start to feel full.

The reason I am eating when I am not really hungry is that I am currently studying during the day and stuck at my computer. So I find it really easy to go into the kitchen and quickly snack on something. I have been snacking on low-calorie stuff this week so I suppose the damage isn't huge but at the same time, it is still food that my body doesn't need.

My house mate has also bought 2 boxes of wine for us to drink this week. This meant that when the Apprentice was on TV on Wednesday night, I couldn't resist opening a bottle of wine to 'really enjoy' this show. This then led to my usual alcohol binge feast then the next day, I needed to eat something stodgy for my stomach. And all this eating was not because I was hungry hence this was all extra calories I don't need.

So I am trying to think of ways to solve both my being at home all day so it is really easy to eat all day problem and my alcohol induced binge feasts problem.

I suppose I could try and stop drinking wine for a couple of weeks to try and get myself on track although I always say this and then never make it beyond a week if there is a bottle of wine in the fridge - LOL! And I suppose I need to be realistic with myself. So I think I might say it is ok to drink once a week and enjoy life :)

I am also not sure what to do about eating during the day when I am not hungry. I have tried being frustrated and angry with myself and this definitely isn't working in changing anything! LOL! So I think I might try a more 'spiritual' approach and everytime I think about eating during the day, I give a small prayer/mantra (I'm not that religious by the way!) saying something like "please help me universe to eat only when I am hungry and to stop eating when I am no longer hungry. Thank you". I'll report back if this works for me.

Anyway, average calorie intake over the last 6 days: 1050
This average calorie intake is an improvement on last week so onwards and upwards :)

I weighed myself yesterday and I am now 8 stone 3 pounds. So I have lost 1 pound since starting my diary 2 weeks ago - yippee!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats for your weight loss. Slow and steady is the best way to go:)

I also want to thank your kind words and suggestions on my diary thread:) By the way, do you have any link for Paul Mckenna stuff (cd's, articles, etc.)? I feel curious about it;)

About the snack thing I think you could try to study in a library, it would be a calm place to study and it doesn't have a kitchen to go and grab snacks:p
And yes, limit your alchool intake to once a week maximum;)

x

Hi Aline, I bought the Paul Mckenna book plus CD from amazon: I Can Make You Thin - Love Food, Lose Weight: New Full Colour Edition includes free DVD and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McKenna: Books

I haven't seen the DVD; this wasn't part of the pack when I bought it but wish it was! This book + DVD + CD isn't too expensive at £8.69 either.

I am also sure you could search the web for information on this approach to eating too. If you do try it, I hope it works for you :)

And thanks for the suggestion of studying in the library to escape the lure of the kitchen. But sadly, I live quite far from town and as I am studying languages, I talk to people on-line or to my long-suffering cats during the day. Obviously, I can't chat at the library. Well, unless I want to really annoy a lot of people anyway - LOL!

I'm sure if I try different approaches, I will eventually find a way to resist the lure of the kitchen cupboards during the day - LOL!

Hi Aline, I bought the Paul Mckenna book plus CD from amazon: I Can Make You Thin - Love Food, Lose Weight: New Full Colour Edition includes free DVD and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Paul McKenna: Books

I haven't seen the DVD; this wasn't part of the pack when I bought it but wish it was! This book + DVD + CD isn't too expensive at £8.69 either.

I am also sure you could search the web for information on this approach to eating too. If you do try it, I hope it works for you :)

And thanks for the suggestion of studying in the library to escape the lure of the kitchen. But sadly, I live quite far from town and as I am studying languages, I talk to people on-line or to my long-suffering cats during the day. Obviously, I can't chat at the library. Well, unless I want to really annoy a lot of people anyway - LOL!

I'm sure if I try different approaches, I will eventually find a way to resist the lure of the kitchen cupboards during the day - LOL!

Thank you for the link and those infos. I already checked a few youtube videos of Paul McKenna and I loved it:)

Hope you'll find an approache to avoid the kitchen temptations:p

x

Good luck Aline with the Paul Mckenna approach to eating. As you have now moved your log, I can't read it but once I have relevant permissions, I will be interested to read how you are doing :)

I wanted to try and find a way to stop snacking during the day. I find it so easy when I am studying at my computer to just go and grab something to eat from the kitchen, even if I am not really hungry.

This past week, I tried to keep repeating to myself everytime I thought of eating something during the day "please universe, help me to eat only when I am hungry and to stop when I am no longer hungry".

This didn't work quite simply because 2 days in, I forgot I was meant to be doing this! And then after that, I got distracted with other things and well, that was that! LOL!

So I think I might try this again this week. But this time, I will try to remember my motto and not to get too caught up in other events in my life.

Other than this, I didn't do so well because I have drunk more alcohol this week and as I always eat once I drink, I have taken in more needless calories.

On a more positive note, I haven't actually binged due to emotional issues. And I haven't over-eaten when I eat my meals. Actually, since I started the Paul Mckenna system, I just physically cannot over-eat on my meals anyway!

This week, my average calorie intake has been 1,200. This means I probably haven't lost weight but I haven't put on either! So oh well! I hope I have a better week next week :)

Hi Masataka!

My diary is in the members only diaries because I don't want it to be googled ans/or seen for people outside minimins; having a diary avalible only for minimins members makes me more confortable to share information:). I think once you get 50 post you can see it ;)

Now back to topic:p
Congrats for not binging;) Just try to avoid alcohol, it looks like it's a major diet enemy!

Have a nice week xx

I completely understand why you have moved your diary to the member's section. But I think it might take me awhile until I reach the 50 posts count!

As for the drinking, yeah it is a real diet enemy... I have just been saying to my housemate that it would be good if we only bought small bottles of wine rather than the standard size. This is because once there is an open bottle of wine, I find it hard to resist it! Last night, I ended up drinking nearly three quarters of a bottle of wine and really, it was too much alcohol... But it was open and I just couldn't resist...

I doubt my housemate will change the way he buys things though :(. I have askd him many times not to buy any wine at all (as I drink it more than him) because if there isn't any wine in the house, it doesn't bother me at all.

Living with my housemate is a nightmare sometimes when it comes to diets etc! LOL!

Last edited:
Anyway, my diet last week, I averaged 1,100 calories each day. I doubt I have lost any weight.

I haven't mentioned exercise in my diary yet so I want to quickly say what I do. During the week, I ensure that I do some sort of exercise for at least 5 days out of the 7. For exercise, I do fluid yoga (the Shivea Rea body conditioning workouts are pretty brilliant!), walk for at least 30 minutes, jog for at least 15 minutes, aerobics and salsa dancing.

I want to improve my jogging by lengthening my jogging time. I actually used to do a lot of running at one time but sadly, I gave it up so I want to get some of this conditioning back again. But I have had problems with blisters (I have a large one at the moment!), illnesses etc so haven't had a chance recently. Anyway, once I managed to get my jogging time up, I will probably update in here.

So aim for this week is to:

**Drink less and then invariably consume less calories! **

I want to beat my average of 1,100 calories a day threshold (following the Paul Mckenna rules of course!).

Hello Masataka!

Do the 1100 cals include the wine cals? If you do, how much you eat? Maybe too little... Don't waste the calories on wine:p

Your exercise routine seems very consistent, congrats for that :)

Hope you'll have a great week and good luck with your goals

x

Hello Aline, you are right, my 1100 daily average is including my wine. But you have to remember that I am only 4 ft 11 so I don't need that many calories. Unfortunately!

Anyway, I never, ever go hungry because I don't want to slow my metabolism down and then find it even harder to look great naked! LOL!

But I am always snacking on something during the day but they are usually low calorie such as ryvetas, crackers, cereal bars, nuts, fruits, crisps etc

Anyway, I have some good news. I decided to weigh myself today and found that I am now at 8 stone 2 lb! I have now lost 2lb since I have been logging on here :)

But for looking great naked, my top half looks 'as good as it gets' great but I am still a bit heavy on my bottom and thighs. But I am slowly but surely getting there :)

Back