I went to the doctor this morning and...

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
...not good. I have to start eating TODAY.

My blood pressure back in February was apparently normal but this morning was 90/50 and when she asked me to stand up it dropped again to 80. She quickly told me to sit down again and said that it was 'horribly low' and she wasn't at all happy. I'm to have bloods taken on Thursday just to check I'm not anaemic or something.

She said that she's surprised I'm not passing out every five minutes and that I was to start refeed immediately. I'm also to nibble at salty things throughout the day which I'm not happy about either as that's not sticking to the refeed plan! :cry:

Doing LT on my holiday is apparently out of the question as I'm so lacking in salt as it is the sun making me sweat out more could only make me worse and would 'knock me for six'. *le sigh*

However, she did not say that I couldn't continue with this after I come back from Gibraltar. I figure start refeed today, have a complete break from TFR whilst on holiday and when I come back give it a go again. If I start getting symptoms again then I'll quit whilst I'm ahead. I shouldn't need to be on it too long though as I've only got about 2 stone more to lose.

:cry: Frustrated isn't the word... I understand her reasoning completely and whilst I know that LT is not the cause of my episodes, I don't think it's helping.

Oh, another good thing is that she's almost positive it's not epilepsy which is what she had been worried it was last time.

So kinda mixed emotions right now... :(

~Gem xx

Oh I am so sorry hon, really hope you are feeling much better soon. It sounds absolutely horrible xxxxx

so sorry to hear your not feeling so good the break in Gib and of LT might be just what you need hope you feel better soon
xxx

aww...bless...:sigh: maybe there is something else you can do hun...lots of others diets and healthy eating plans out there, and you can still get support from here..:)

It's probably my stubborn nature at work here but I want to do LT! lol Other diets take too long which is why LT was perfect for me. I'll never, ever badmouth LT, it's just me being a wimp unfortunately. Like I said, I will try again after my break and see how I get on. I'll not be silly though and if I'm ill I'll take myself back off it again.

Thank you ladies for your support and kind words :) xxx

It's not you being a wimp!!!

Dont worry gemma, your health is the most important thing and at least it's very good news that it's not epilepsy. As long as you feel better soon i'm sure you will be back on the LT train in no time & losing that last 2 stone, good luck hun xx

It's probably my stubborn nature at work here but I want to do LT! lol Other diets take too long which is why LT was perfect for me. I'll never, ever badmouth LT, it's just me being a wimp unfortunately. Like I said, I will try again after my break and see how I get on. I'll not be silly though and if I'm ill I'll take myself back off it again.

Thank you ladies for your support and kind words :) xxx
We understand, I am sure this is why Rachel has probably one back to try LT again...the loss is quicker, so hence the upset of having to come off it must be so annoying...but you really must put your health first. Dont leave the forum though!...you're so inspirational & funny! :)

Sorry to hear your news, but happy its nothing too serious as you said take the break and have another go and if it happens again then you at least get to make the decision to stop yourself which is a whole lot better motivation wise for starting another method of slimming.

Gen xx

There's no chance I'll be leaving the forum :) Will be on hiatus from this Sunday until October 14th but if I can sneak on in between those dates then I shall and say hi from sunny Spain (even though it's not quite Spain lol)

oh hun i am so sorry hun i hope you feel better real soon and decide on what ya gonna do.

If you stay low carb and eat really healthily from a broad range of low carb foods I'm sure you'll build your strength back while maintaining your weight loss. Then you'll be all set to zap the last little bit! Also you won't be disappointing your family by not eating their food - (and I'm sure everyone understands not wanting to eat starchy things, cake and sweets...)
I can just see you coming back and being full of energy and health, and still just as slim. Don't stress hun, this could even help you.

Last edited:
Hi Gemma, sorry to hear about your low blood pressure. Stay positive as you've really done well. I'm sure you'll find a way to deal with this and make whatever method work for you. Enjoy your holiday, have fun and stay on course!

Hi hun,

You are really important to us on here so really relieved and glad that you are ok. Also you have slipped out of overweight into normal without me noticing so wooohooo, well done.

I think your holiday will be more enjoyable and less hassle without the saga of eating versus lipotrim, your family were definitely going to freak about it sooo all in all not a bad result.

Have a lovely holiday and then you can see how you are when you get back x

hope you get your blood pressure sorted and enjoy your hols x

Ah hun, I know how disappointed you must be but, as has been said, stick to lean protein and salads and you should be fine.

I am so going to miss you while you are away! Make the most of the sunshine and come back to us with a loss! I bet you will!

Take care babe.

xxx

Aww honey, after reading many posts by you, I know how much you wanted to do this, but low and high blood pressure is so dangerous, I am sure you know that !

I am glad you are sticking around and its not so back, the doc didnt say it was the end for good, just a wee break, which I think is needed if LT is being used long term.

Good Luck and have fun on your hols !

Laura x x x

have a great holiday, enjoy your food, make sure you are taking care of yourself!

at least you got to a healthy weight first, that is ace. the rest will come off with a conventional diet, it will seem easier now.

xx

Back