I will NOT weigh at home this week.............

I'm going to try not to weigh myself this week too. My official class WI is on Wed but I tend to get on the scales from Sun or Mon onwards to see how I'm doing. Last week my scales said I had gained 3lb on the Mon despite me being really good on plan. I was gutted but knew * week was coming. Went to class on Wed and lost 1lb.

I'm putting my scales in the cupboard today and not stepping on them at all this week. I want to have a (hopefully nice) suprise when I WI next week.

I resisted the urge this morning - downed a glass of water before i even went into the bathroom and then promptly went and had a cuppa too, just to make sure!

Well done to all of you for staying away from the scales!! I have to say even reading this and thinking i shouldnt, i've automatically weighed every morning!!

Well done to you all tho, it takes a lot of determination to resist!! xx

My hubby is holding my scales to ransome -:roofles:
*ok so I might have asked him to bring them in today* ready for Sunday :p .... NOPE he says -I can have them back Saturday night -when he knows I won't get on them as I weigh early in a morning...
Good job I have hubby to keep me in line -well where the scales are concerned :copon:

I know they say not to get weighed at home but I honestly think this needs to be down to personal choice according to how you react.

If you get on and you havent moved and it demotivates you then dont get weighed. When I get weighed if that happens it really hacks me off but it makes me try harder and I stay on track. :cool: Everybody is different. Getting weighed reguarly actually does help 'some' people even when the news isnt so great. ;)

I'm really determined this week. It will be hard not to from Mon onwards!!

Thursday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - no weighing :checkmark:
Saturday - no weighing :checkmark:

Whoo hoo I took the tip of having a big drink first thing so no weighing today for me !!!

Well done to all of you for staying away from the scales!! I have to say even reading this and thinking i shouldnt, i've automatically weighed every morning!!

Well done to you all tho, it takes a lot of determination to resist!! xx

I agree. I couldn't not jump on the scales nearly each time I go into the bathroom. It is a bad habit so well done you all.

Last edited:
I resisted the urge this morning - downed a glass of water before i even went into the bathroom and then promptly went and had a cuppa too, just to make sure!

HAHA..you see the trouble with that is I know exactly how much difference I weigh after my morning coffee....it's half a lb!!!!!!
Sad but true, I have weighed before and after a drink to monitor it!

I'm really enjoying the freedom of not weighing. Think I'll leave my scales at my Mums forever!!

I'm in! I weigh every morning and it's really not good. This week I WILL NOT WEIGH AT HOME!! XXX

Another successful non weighing day. Was sooooo tempted this morning though - it took every ounce of willpower not to jump on and have a peek (esp as i'm being good this week) - so quickly went and had two glasses of water and a cuppa.
HAHA..you see the trouble with that is I know exactly how much difference I weigh after my morning coffee....it's half a lb!!!!!!
I can't say i've ever weighed before and after - but now you've given me the idea........lol

Wednesday - no weighing :checkmark:
Thusday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - weighed :(
Saturday - no weighing :checkmark:

As it is getting closer to weigh in day this is getting harder for me.....

I didn't mean to join this, but caught myself on the scales twice (thurs and fri) and I only joined SW on Wed - that is not good! So I've put them in the cupboard. I resisted them this morning, but they still feel like they're calling to me so more drastic action may be required.

Sat - no weighing :)

Drinking my first large cup of tea so I don't weigh this morning.:rolleyes:

Good luck everyone for not weighing today!!

'Come and have a sneaky peek - come and have a sneaky peek'.........the scales called to her as she walked into the bathroom. Usually this alluring voice would be all she needed to hear to jump on and weigh herself before her official weigh in day, but with a fresh resolve and set shoulders she said in a rather loud voice 'No! Bugger off!!!'
Her husband was rather perplexed at said outburst and wanted to know whether she was talking to him!!!

No weigh in for me this morning. 100% weekend more than half over and after today only two more days until official weigh in!

Back