I will NOT weigh at home this week.............

Ok this is when it starts to get hard as I usually weigh from today onwards but determined not to! Went out for a boozy night (unexpectedly) last night so will be dying to get on the scales by Wed to make sure I haven't gained!!

Thursday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - no weighing :checkmark:
Saturday - no weighing :checkmark:
Sunday - no weighing :checkmark:

Oh dear. I couldn't resist the call of the scales this morning, and I haven't lost anything :( I know this is a long term change, but I was hoping for a good loss for my first week. I know my clothes fit better (not looser yet, but definitely not as tight as they were last week, and I thought my face looked less bloated yesterday, so I was expecting to see something good...

I guess I'm glad I weighed in though, because when I get to WI, if I lose anything I'll be pleased, whereas if I hadn't weighed mid week, I would have been hoping for 3 or 4lbs and would have been disappointed with 1.

I think every day weighing is bad for me, but might slip in a mid week weigh just to keep me on track...

That said, I definitely ate less at breakfast this morning because of my weighing results, and I'm not sure that's a good or a bad thing - good because I'm eating less, bad if it turns into me eating junk later, or obsessing over portion size which isn't what this diets about.
Hmmm

mrsrobinson - i agree with having a sneak peak on WI day. I do it every week to 'prepare' myself for weigh in but you cant take it as gospel. Its when your weighing starts to effect your eating pattern that weighin all the time becomes a bit more of an obsession.

Good luck for weigh in tonight, your right that if you have a loss it'll be a nice suprise but dont let it effect how your eating. The plan is designed to work with out changing portion sizes, etc. Which weighing in all the time definitly effects. You see a loss and let your self off for having a few naughty things (i did that this weekend) and then your scales show a gain and you start restricting yourself.

Just trust in the plan and whatever the scales say tonight i hope its a good result for you. You must have enjoyed not having the stress everyday of what the scales have said.

xxxx

I think every day weighing is bad for me, but might slip in a mid week weigh just to keep me on track...

Mid week weigh in is a BAD idea. If the scales are showing you haven't lost, you're then inclined to cut down on the amounts you're eating and that could hinder any weight loss you may have had had you not had the sneaky peek!
Your body weight will fluctuate so much from day to day - it may be your body is holding onto undigested or partially digested food which, once you've gotten rid of it, could effect your weight loss by 2lbs! You've also got to realise that depending on what your diet was like 'before' you started SW your body is still adjusting to the new amount and different kinds of foods your body is taking on. Have faith. The diet does work, but you have to trust in it. I used to be a serial scale hopper and as much as i still want to have a peek at my weight - especially after a green day because i always feel bloated and as if i've eaten too much - i know it doesn't have a good effect on my mental relationship with the diet.
Keep at it hun. xxxx

My weigh in night is tomorrow, then i will try and have a week with no sneaky peaks.
This will be very hard,as this is my daily routine, get up, have a wee, then hop on the scales. But i do know that it is not good for me.
I will try to abstain 100%.

This will be very hard,as this is my daily routine, get up, have a wee, then hop on the scales

This obsession with our weight is one of the reasons we stay big and can't lose the weight. Its a catch 22 situation - want to lose weight, it becomes a way of life, dieting, hopping on the scales, find its not as we want it to be, eat because we feel 'whats the point?!' feel guity, eat some more, vow to start again with a fresh resolve........and so it starts again. Naturally slim people don't weigh everyday - and most of my slim friends could tell me what they roughly weigh but couldn't tell me their exact weight because they just don't worry about it the way we do. We HAVE to break the habit in order to have a good relationship with our own body and with the food we put into it.
*Rant over* :p

Well done to everyone staying on track :)

Wednesday - no weighing :checkmark:
Thusday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - weighed :(
Monday - weighed :(

I failed again.......weigh in day tomorrow .....so hard!

I am addicted to weighing myself every morning and sometimes at night to see how much I've put on from food during the day.
Today I had a meltdown because I've been 100% for 4 days now and I was up a pound this morning. So I had my brother hide my scale and I have resolved to not look for it. We'll see how this goes.

You are so right Rayven - thanks for sharing that, its a timely reminder of where our priorities should be.

I don't honestly think we're ever going to have a healthy relationship with our bodies, whether we're at target or not, if we're obsessed with what those little numbers say.
While we're dieting its a good indication that we're heading in the right direction but jumping on and off day in day out can do no good.
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!!

Thursday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - no weighing :checkmark:
Monday - no weighing :checkmark:
Tuesday - no weighing :checkmark:

This is a record for me! Really nervous of my official SW WI tomorrow as I haven't had a peak so no clue how I've done! I wouldn't mind if I had been 100% on plan but had a couple of nights out so the suspence is killing me!

Welll done Stacey :)

-------------------------------------

Today is weigh in day and I knew today would be a failure, I couldn't wait until tonight.

Wednesday - no weighing :checkmark:
Thusday - no weighing :checkmark:
Friday - weighed :(
Monday - weighed :(
Tuesday - weighed:(

4 days out of 7 is a good start for me :) I think I will try again this week and hope for an improvement.:eek:

5 days with no weighing now!

I'm actually scared to weigh myself now because last week the day before weigh in I went up a pound from day before, then on weigh in day I was 2.5 lighter than that! If I am on a heavy day it will really put me off so I am just going to leave it til weigh in.

It's pretty nerve wracking stuff this

I used to hop on my scales often during the week before WI, but i stopped mainly cause they were completely different to the scales at group. But also i found it more useful to try clothes on instead and see how they felt. The fit of your clothes is a good measure of losing weight. Sometimes you can have a bad week on the scales, but your clothes manage to fit better. Maybe try on some smaller clothes see if they fit better, will be a great boost if they do.

I didnt weigh myself today!

I shall weigh-in next Monday, and NOT before!

Quite excited really, didnt realised how immune I had become to what they say!

i was really naughty tonight and dusted off the scales to have a sneaky peak - oops

anyway i got on and guess what - they said i was 11lb!! not lighter or heavier than WI - just i weighed 11lbs - hehe

im going to get them more often lol

suppose its a good thing they are broke - will stop those mid week sneaks xxx

On the spur of the moment I bought a set of scales from Poundstretchers,
brought them home only to find they dont blooming work!
guess its a sign?

Back