I wish they did a Slimming World Diary...

Lucky7

Lucky7
... like a normal dairy, maybe A5 2 days to a page, with food diary markings, and space for other things too. I always complete them but don't give them in unless there's a problem. It'd keep everything together!

I do mine online but it's just not right.

I've just started keeping an excel spreadsheet which includes my food diary, syns, syns not used, & weight loss/gain, that way I will be able to see a pattern.

What I'd like on the SW website is syns added up for the whole week that way you know how many you've used & how many you've got left. I've also got a spreadsheet for that :p

Geek alert - I've made my own! I scanned in a food diary and glued a food diary onto each page of a Day-to-Page diary. This way I can keep track of it when I'm at work or out and about as it fits in my bag. yeah told you it was a bit geeky! x

I also wish they had a diary and how I wish they had a recipe builder on the website so you could put all your ingredients in and select your day and what bits you'd use as HE's and it would tell you how many syns per recipe and per portion. Would make sense on the basis that they encourage cooking!

I think the diary idea is great! Don't get me wrong I am really enjoying being on Extra Easy and have found it to be the best diet I have tried but I think the Slimming World website is really lacking. Weighwatcher's website is far superior to the Slimming World one in my opinion.

But I think might try and adapt an A5 diary to use over the day and then update my online food diary in the evening safe in the knowledge I haven't forgotten anything!!!!
:)

As SW have limited the cookbooks to members you would think they would have cottoned on to the need for a diary! I used to go to WW's and the 3 month diary was excellent.

Hopefully they sneak a peek on here to see what we're saying!

I have SW printed A4 food diaries that someone once emailed me - 7 days to look at on the one page. I fill them in and file them in a lever arch after writing how much weight I lost on each.

I keep a little notebook and mark it up with all my food and stuff. It goes everywhere with me!

I also have a very small notebook with a pen attatched (tesco £1)
I put the date at the top then list my food under

so front of page is -I just use a tally for drinks

Mon 7th Dec (G)

Tea [STRIKE]||||[/STRIKE]||
Water |||
Pop |
(A) SS Milk
(A) 28g Cheese
(B) 2 weetabix
(B) 2 Alpen Light

Back of page I use a tally for fruit then list meals/ snaks

Fruit |||
Egg and chips F
HM Pasta F
Hot choc 2

Total 2

Its small fits in whatever bag I use and is simple to update

Wow what great ideas!! I also think SW making a handy food diary is a great idea!! I did weight watchers (unsuccessfully) for a bit and I LOVED their online diary so I bought a lovely leather bound pocket notebook with a string to mark the page you're on. Its a simple book, just plain pages but the cover is so adorable! Black leather with butterflies on it (love butterflies!)

So anyway on each day I write what I had for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. And at the bottom of the page I mark how many fruits, veggies, water I had that day. I aim to have 2 portions of fruit, 5 portions of veg, 8 glasses of water, all my HEA's and B's and 10 syns a day.

The notebook is small enough to take everywhere with me so I can write down what I've eaten immediately. Well, not immediately immediately but soon enough before I forget! :D

Here's a link to the notebook I bought, great price too! Paperchase - secret garden leather mini notebook

Why don't you contact SW and suggest they do a diary?

They can either add it to the November/December issue of the magazine if they are feeling generous, or sell it at the SW classes.

Sounds like a great idea - maybe we could all put our input into it's design?

Hmmm it could have the a's and b's printed in the back, and a little alphabetical section for you to note syn values in.

I have got a plain journal that I use - but I'd just prefer it if they did a 'proper' one.

Why don't you contact SW and suggest they do a diary?

They can either add it to the November/December issue of the magazine if they are feeling generous, or sell it at the SW classes.

Sounds like a great idea - maybe we could all put our input into it's design?

I liked this idea & thought would go on their website & put it to them. But I can't find a 'contact us' bit. So anoying. Brill idea if they did one especially with sections for hexA&B's & syns.:(

Contacting us:​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can telephone us on 0844 892 0400
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](calls charged at national rate) for any general enquiries.[/FONT]​
For Syn enquiries call 09068 518518 (Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm. Syns hotline calls are charged at 60p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may be considerably higher, please contact your service provider for more information)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]General information:
[email protected]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Before contacting us, please check the FAQs for a speedy answer to your enquiry. Please note, we are unable to reply to e-mails where the answer is given in our FAQs.[/FONT]​

I emailed them sometime ago to ask why the magazine receipes weren't then added to the website (as the website is sadly lacking compared tot he thousands of receipes that must have appeared in the books & magazines over the years) - got a nice email back but it didn't answer my question.

Why don't we ALL contact them?! Power on numbers and all that! If they hear from all of us, surely they'll pay attention!

Back