I wish they did a Slimming World Diary...

This is a brilliant idea. I was counting calories for a while and bought a brilliant diary from amazon which included sections for drinks and exercise, unfortunately this can't be adapted for sw :( I'd love a sw world one, and I think the majority of my class and the people on here would use it

I've sent my email-let's hope they take notice! x

While I certainly agree it's a fab idea, the reasoning behind why SW don't produce one similar to WW is that eventually we're supposed to eat 'normally', like 'normal' people do. And these 'normal' people don't write down everything they eat.

Well every SWC I've spoken to tells you to write it down! You need to keep track of syns & HEx's!!

yes - we're not normal! And if normal is unhealthy and overweight (like I am when I just eat whatever / whenever) then I can live with that!

I know they do, mine does too. But SW don't actively encourage it, else they would have produced one by now. It's more revenue for them after all. the purpose of filling out a food diary for the first 4 weeks is for the consultants the check you've got the gist of how to follow the plan, rather than a method of actively recording everything you eat. As I said I do think it would be a brilliant idea, but I also understand why SW don't, as a principle.

I've sent my email. I'll let you all know as soon as I have a response. ;)

Cool - I'll do mine too - when I'm a bit more with it so it makes sense.
x

using an actual diary will keep really keep you motivated because you can customize it =]

Sent an email! Fingers crossed they pay attention to it! x

They would need to do one that can cater for all adaptions - I am breastfeeding so have extra HEs - I couldnt get on with the one in my pack as it didnt give space for my extra HEs - I used a note book and wrote down every meal and then totted up the Syns at the bottom.

To be honest my consultant has never looked at it or asked for it, I guess as I am loosing weight she must think I am doing the right think.

I do agree that writing it down helps - there were times where I nearly caved and reached into my sons treats but thought 'no I cant do it as I have to write it down!'

I will email them too :) it would be so handy for a little diary witht he food diary on one page and notes on the other or something like that would really help x

This thread has got me thinking.....I've run out of diary slips from SW and as a result, I think I've been pretty poor at writing things down this week and I have slipped up a bit I think (Not sure really......when I don't write it down, I FEEL like I'm all over the place, whether I am or not)
So, I have been and bought a note book and written up the dates from now until next June (yeah, i'm a saddo). I don't think I'll take it further than that, in terms of design. I'll just write HEX at the tope, followed by free foods in the middle of each page, leaving the bottom for syns. Should be fine!
Oh, and it's small and pretty and I won't mind if it fell out of my bag....it could be anything! Likewise I have backed my SW book so that I can take it out in supermarket aisles/at my desk and not feel like everyone is looking at the slimmer!

I've rec'd my reply.

Many thanks for your email.

I’m not sure from your enquiry whether you mean a printed long term diary? If this is the case I wanted to let you know that we haven’t any plans to produce one. However, you can use the Online diary to record things like your favourite meal within the ‘journal’ section, and you can also save your food diaries so you can click back and view them at any time, again you can add your comments on the journal about your best weeks and weeks that haven’t gone so well.

I hope this helps

Warmest regards

Lorraine Mills
Website Administrator

Not really the answer we were looking for :( but at least they did reply!

Biggysmalls - if you want some more food diaries pm me with your email addy and I'll fling them over to you.

Here's my reply x

Dear Gemma
Many thanks for your recent email.
I do think your idea of a food diary is a very good one and I shall certainly pass your comments on to the right department.
May I wish you every success with your slimming campaign.
Kind regards

Sue Wasikowski
Support Services
Slimming World

Welll mine wasnt so good

Dear Lianna

Many thanks for your email.

I wanted to let you know that we haven’t any plans to produce a printed food diary, and this is because whilst we supply paper food diaries to help new members for their first four weeks, we encourage Food Optimisers to become relaxed and comfortable with their new pattern of eating rather than recording their food intake long-term.

Many members find that a satisfying way of using the ‘online’ food diary is to record particular meals they’ve enjoyed, or days full of Free and Speed Food, to use for future reference. You can also use the online diary to record notes within the ‘journal’ section, and you can also save your food diaries so you can click back and view them at any time.

Back