Ice Cream Recipes

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
As requested, here are some ice cream recipes taken from the SW 100 delicious desserts cook book.

Mixed Berry Ice Cream (1syn per serving)
113g/4oz raspberries
113g/4oz strawberries
113g/4oz blackberries
6 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 tsp lemon juice
227g/8oz very low fat natural yogurt
Strawberries to decorate
Blend the fruit in a blender or food processor for 1 minute to make a smooth puree. Push the puree through a fine nylon sieve to remove the seeds. Mix in the lemon juice and yogurt.
Pour the mixture into a shallow plastic container, cover and freeze for about 1- 1 ½ hours, or until almost solid.. Blend the mixture in the food processor again for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen.
Blend the ice cream again in the food processor until smooth and creamy. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately with the strawberries.

Choc-n-banana Ice Cream (3 syns per serving)
2 sachets Cadbury Highlights
227g/8oz very low fat natural fromage frais
2 bananas, mashed
3 egg whites
Mix the Highlights with 2 tbsps boiling water until smooth. Allow to cool. Blend with the mashed banana and fromage frais until smooth. Whisk the egg whites until still and then fold into the banana mixture using a metal spoon. Spoon into a dish or ice cream maker and freeze for 3-4 hoursuntil firm but not solid.

Simply Ice Cream (Free)
3 eggs, separated
6-8 level tbsp artificial sweetener
Few drops vanilla essence
255g/9oz very low fat natural fromage frais
Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold in the sweetener using a metal spoon. Beat the egg yolks with the vanilla essence and then fold in the egg whites using a metal spoon. Fold in the fromage frais.
Pour into a shallow freezer-proof container, cover and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes until the ice cream is frozen. Store in the freezer until required.

Mock Ice Cream (Free)
2 level tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
2 level tsp artificial sweetener
½ tsp vanilla or cherry essence.
Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill in the freezer until firm before serving.

Thank you for posting the recipes.

I made a vanilla and choc sprinkles mullerlight one tonight.
Just poured in 4 yog pots and switched the machine on.

:)

If you just bung the yogs in an ice cream maker, does it really come out like ice cream?? Or do you need a reeally good imagination? x

Well...

My frozen yogurts do taste like, well, frozen yogurt when popped in my ice cream maker. But the consistency is right, that's the thing. If you use the stirring every 20-30 minutes method (i.e., don't use an ice cream maker), you still seem to end up with ice crystals - well, I did, anyway. But in the ice cream maker, it has more of the consistency of Mr Whippy, LOL.

Made some ice cream last night (all right, yogurt) in my ice cream maker last night out of 2 toffee Mullerlights and a smashed-up mini bag of Maltesers (5 Syns).

OMG, it was gorgeous! :p

Definitely worth investing in an ice cream maker, I'd say. :D

Mine shouldd come tomorrow - was only £23 from Amazon and got pretty good reviews - have stocked up on Mullers tonight! Can't wait!

Made vanilla ice cream yesterday with muller light vanilla yogurts egg yolks ff fromage frais and a bit of vanilla essence.

Grandkids came and they made mint choc chip with fresh cream and aero........which I resisted :D

Have made banana and coconut with muller lights ff fromage frais egg yolks and coconut flavouring which I'm having after my tea tonight which is SW KFC chicken yum yum!

would it be possible to use quark, sweetener and vanilla essence and then crumble up what ever biscuit ( digestive, oreos etc) for a cheesecake type of ice-cream?

im concidering buying one, but my slow cookers gatherind dust and done wnat the same thing to happen?

i was gonna try adding a bit of baileys to some fat free fromage frais and sweetner if needed-do you think this would work or make the fromage frais curdle?

i norm just stick a couple of mullerlights in! ill buy some in case the baileys goes tits up lol

hello all im doing a sponsor 1 mile run for sport relife on this sunday and still need loads of sponsors, would any one like to sponsor me, i will be so so so greatfull
please email me and let me know thanks so much anna xx

you can sponsor me on this link http://www.mysportrelief.com/persona...aspx?SID=81004

Back