icebaby's shrinking diary

Yeah!!!

Well done :D

Not awol. Totally and utterly snowed under in paperwork. I am totally overcome with all the paper. (Trying to sort stuff out ready for the new term)

Went out for a late BD meal tonight, going away for the weekend... may not be happy come monday *embarrassed* but i'm trying!

So I know I'm not gonna have a good weigh in. I had a couple of days at a friends house including fish and chips and ice cream, and also had my birthday meal. Now I know I could have had the fish without batter etc etc but I actually *wanted* the batter. And the icecream was only a little tub compared to the big ones I used to eat lol

Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Well done on last weeks weight loss and Happy Birthday :D

If you do gain this week you know why and I always feel better about it if I can explain it.

Also if you'd have celebrated your birthday earlier in the week you'd have had chance to pull it back but because it's so close to weigh in some of the gain will be food weight rather than fat weight.

I gained this week cos we were celebrating the day and night before weigh in but I wasn't worried cos in my head it's not a real gain :D

ok so i've been embarrassed to come back on... haha

work was a nightmare start of term and my computer hard drive died TWICE and then i've been ill and on antibiotics so you can guess what's happened :(

am DETERMINED though now...

although finding it harder now because as you know, when you've been eating yummy foods you dont want to go back :( my mam has retired and it's so tempting to just go out places or bake cakes :(

but bring it on... i WILL do this... i WILL get used to not having the yummy things all the time and only when I'm allowed :(

not recording my weight on here until i'm back at before blip, but hopefully should only be one or two weeks....

*fingers crossed*

Sorry i've been awol so long, but you know when you miss a week or so for work and then you're worried what people will think and then it takes longer to get back and you feel like a failure etc etc etc....

:(

Last edited:
Still working out what my stomach will tolerate post gall bladder op.

Basically so far what I've discovered is that I cant tolerate yeast and I cant eat any quantity of fresh fruit without something like yoghurt/icecream accompanying it and even then not too much. I cant cope with peppers and also I cant cope with onion :(

So yeah, this is causing me major annoyances because I cant have bread and fruit as a desert is now just about out of the picture unless it's part of a desert recipe :(

Hi. Glad you're feeling better and that you're back posting on here.

Don't apologise though - if you needed a break for whatever the reason then that's ok.

Just have to take you up on something though. I think as part of SW and dieting in general we all need to change what we consider is "yummy food". This will be hard at first and take time but if we do this then we won't crave cake, pizza, biscuits etc.

I am currently eating yummy pineapple :) I know you can't tolerate some fruit and veg at the moment but you get my point x

I probably shouldn't have picked you up on it but it has really helped me x If you consider that you are always being deprived of yummy food then you will always succumb to it when ill/depressed/opportunity arrises. I was ill at the weekend and craved porridge!!! Of all things?!!! It was still within SW foods and my day was still on plan. I guess my tastes have changed.

Really sorry if I am being bossy - I have a tendency to be and reading typed words can often lead to the wrong impression being made. I hope you have taken it as was meant - concern not scolding!!!

Back later (if you still allow me to) x

Hehe I know what you mean, and when I'm fully back on plan i'm in that mindset, however when presented with proper buttercream, chocolate ganache etc it's borderline orgasmic as opposed to 'nice' food haha.

No matter how much I try to convince myself, ben and jerry's cookie dough ice cream will *always* taste better than low fat vanilla ice cream ;)

I just have to work through the first couple of weeks where I can still remember the actual taste of those things haha.

Am currently using a LOT of jelly sweets to curb the sugar desire - no, make that NEED!-(you know the SW ones with gelatine &squash?) morrisons have fruit salad, raspberry ripple and marshmallow squash and tescos cola bottle&lemon sherbet! Also tried vimto! haha

icebaby said:
Still working out what my stomach will tolerate post gall bladder op.

Basically so far what I've discovered is that I cant tolerate yeast and I cant eat any quantity of fresh fruit without something like yoghurt/icecream accompanying it and even then not too much. I cant cope with peppers and also I cant cope with onion :(

So yeah, this is causing me major annoyances because I cant have bread and fruit as a desert is now just about out of the picture unless it's part of a desert recipe :(

Yeah... Welcome back Hunny!!

You have done the hardest thing.,. Logging back on here! :)

If there is any support you need, feel free to message me! :)

You will be back in the swing of it in no time!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh - I haven't tried making sweets???

After my lecture I confess I did torture myself by watching the Great British Bake Off.......drool!!!

Yeah... Welcome back Hunny!!

You have done the hardest thing.,. Logging back on here! :)

If there is any support you need, feel free to message me! :)

You will be back in the swing of it in no time!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you :) I really hope so. The food restriction with the combination of SW and my gall bladder are really annoying me at the moment haha really hope that soon I can get past that feeling soon!!!

x

Ooh - I haven't tried making sweets???

After my lecture I confess I did torture myself by watching the Great British Bake Off.......drool!!!

They are serious greatness! I've had almost a whole take out tray of lemon sherbet today so far and it's only 0.5syns the whole tray!!

Have you tried Sugars Eton Mess Recipe. That's very sweet and often takes away my cravings for naughtier foods.

Welcome back :)

Yeah, I love that eton mess.. to be honest with not being able to eat a lot of fruit the options mixed in cream stuff/meringues/yoghurt is the main staple in my desert diet at the moment which is yummy, but can be a bit monotonous after a while, and I have to have a desert with a meal or else I dont feel like i've eaten and I get snacky all afternoon/evening :confused::confused: I'm a 'unique' person ;)

I don't know if you can eat this or not but this helps me if I want cake. A mini flan case (abt 4.5 syns) with a chopped banana and a toffee muller. You could use jelly instead of fruit or whatever fruit and yogurt you fancy.

Oooh! doesnt the muller just make it soggy?

My mam bakes a mean apple meringue.. basically one of those bases, stewed apples and then meringue on top :princess:

Back