icebaby's shrinking diary

icebaby

Ok, not sure how this works but i'll give it a shot.

Started slimming world this week. WW really not working anymore, I was following the old plan as the new plan just didnt work and then after having my gall bladder out I've not really been able to get my head back on track. Everyone I got on with has left the meeting and the leader was not at all helpful and made me feel awful. I think after a year I need the change.

I really havent got my head around SW yet, it may take a while after so long on WW, we'll see.

Hi there love :) Nice to see a fellow newbie - woot woot! :D I'm also a Slimming World virgin and am 3 weeks in now. Must say it's a lot easier to manage than Weight Watchers and once you know what's what and the values, you'll soon get into the swing and feel comfortable. Sorry to hear of your bad experience with the leader! Jeeze... Sometimes this world is pure evil with regards to thinking of others feelings and hopefully your new SW leader is someone who is more thoughtful and compassionate than your previous WW leader! (how do these people get jobs?!)

Ack... is it a long road to recovery after your gallbladder is removed? I was diagnosed with gallstones last year and still have to have the op. Can't yet as Dr says my BMI is too high... hence the kickstart in diet! Plus I'm sick of looking like a frump, lol xxx

Aye I think it's just a case of getting my head round a new plan...

New leader seems nice but I only started this week. Ww one was so patronising and if you'd not lost then there was no way it was anything but your own fault... 'if you followed it 100% then you would lose' I felt like saying -well I am and I'm not, now what? Haha! I just didn't appreciate being talked to like a small child!

With the gall bladder it depends, when they did it they said 2 weeks, afterwards they said 6-8 weeks so think they were just trying to convince me to get it done! I was off work 6 weeks, but I have a job that can be physical and tiring, I think some jobs you could go back to sooner. I'm still on painkillers now,but again it's probably pain threshold. They said you should be 100% back to normal within 6 to 12 months.

Get it done as soon as you can though. I know it's scary- I was *terrified*. I only found out about it because I ended up rushed in with acute pancreatitis. If a gall stone gets lodged in the tube to the pancreas you end up with it and it can be fatal. I was just lucky I guess, I'd lost around 90lb at the time and it took my bmi down far enough for them not even to mention my weight- I on the other hand was petrified about it!

Dont expect all foods to be fine after though, it comes down to the individual but I can't have anything too spicy, too much fresh fruit on it's own in one go, peppers, or more than a slice of bread a day, otherwise it really upsets my stomach.

All fun eh?

Icebaby

Hmm so today I've had 2 yoghurts, turkey, a sandwich thin (4syns) turkey lettuce cucumber and carrot. Oh and a little bit of light philli I havent syn'd yet...

Very Very missing bagels but 11syns per bagel is RIDICULOUS :(

You've lost loads of weight so far. Well done.

Once you get used to the idea that you can eat whenever you're hungry you'll be fine. People find this bit the hardest coming from WW.

Good luck :)

Welcome to SW from what my C calls "The Dark Side". I think you'll love it when you get the hang of it.

Your food today looks good so far. You can have 71g of Phily Light for your HEA if you don't want to syn it and haven't already used your HEA?

Oh and sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news but the sandwich thin is 5 syns :-( Not too bad though and WAY better than a bagel!!!

icebaby said:
Oh bum, ah well 5 is better than 11 for a bagel since I cant eat bread now :(

Yeah, way better!

If you love bread then you could always use your HEB for it???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No I mean I literally can't eat it lol! I had my gall bladder out and it causes me pain if i eat bread now which is gutting as I used to *love* bread :(

icebaby said:
No I mean I literally can't eat it lol! I had my gall bladder out and it causes me pain if i eat bread now which is gutting as I used to *love* bread :(

Oh right! Sorry I misunderstood x

Is that everyone who has their gallbladder out? My Mum had hers outlast year and the doctor didn't say anything!!! ( not surprised as not impressed with her care at the time)

Nah it affects everyone differently, I wasn't told anything either, just basically in, cut it out, bye bye!! Have worked out by Internet/probing GP's!

Personally peppers, spicy food, bread and too much fresh fruit in one go on it's own cause me to have either pain or upset stomach. It's a bit of a game of suck it & see! You have to work out what you can and can't eat yourself which can be painful but hey, better than gall stones which can be fatal :/

So, was just trying to re-motivate by thinking of the things that would have been harder if I was still at my top weight.

Went to westlife at Doncaster last weekend (front row woooo!) and standing for hours would have hurt so much more with all that extra weight.

Getting my gall bladder removed- more than likely they would have refused me with my bmi at above 54 before I lost weight.

I couldn't use the wii fit until I'd lost some weight as I was over the maximum.

I can now *run* (still not for long but will get better) with my 6 yr old nephew.

I'm sure there are more, but in times like now when goal seems so far away it helps to remind myself what I've already done.

icebaby said:
Nah it affects everyone differently, I wasn't told anything either, just basically in, cut it out, bye bye!! Have worked out by Internet/probing GP's!

Personally peppers, spicy food, bread and too much fresh fruit in one go on it's own cause me to have either pain or upset stomach. It's a bit of a game of suck it & see! You have to work out what you can and can't eat yourself which can be painful but hey, better than gall stones which can be fatal :/

Thanks fir the info. It sounds similar to me - I have Crohns and know which foods to avoid for me

So, today was mainly good...

Omelette, ham, mushrooms
Yoghurt melon two mini meringues (2syns)

Pasta, chicken, beans
Ben&jerrys ice cream (2scoops) (about 15syns?!)

Had the b&j left over from before started sw and it was calling me to get rid of it. (and i didnt eat the whole tub like i used to!) Dad sat there this evening asking about cake and eating two mini aeros infront of me&mum. Even said 'I enjoyed my chocolate!' yet I know if I tried that he'd call me insensitive and moan all week... that's men I guess!!

icebaby said:
So, today was mainly good...

Omelette, ham, mushrooms
Yoghurt melon two mini meringues (2syns)

Pasta, chicken, beans
Ben&jerrys ice cream (2scoops) (about 15syns?!)

Had the b&j left over from before started sw and it was calling me to get rid of it. (and i didnt eat the whole tub like i used to!) Dad sat there this evening asking about cake and eating two mini aeros infront of me&mum. Even said 'I enjoyed my chocolate!' yet I know if I tried that he'd call me insensitive and moan all week... that's men I guess!!

Great willpower there with the ice cream!!!

Thank you, I feel urgh that I had any but only just outside my syns so *fingers crossed*

Had a sneaky peek

Shouldn't have sneaky peeks

But if it stays the same for tomorrow I will be v v v happy

icebaby said:
Had a sneaky peek

Shouldn't have sneaky peeks

But if it stays the same for tomorrow I will be v v v happy

So tempted to do that too but haven't so far so don't want to start the bad habit

I've always done it but usually midweek. I used to be obsessed with it so am quite proud I have it down to 1-2 a week lol

Back