Iced tea - my recipe. Makes a change from water!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Amber34, 6 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Well, you can hardly call it a recipe, but since I've been drinking it I'm finding it much easier to drink large quantities of fluids every day, so I thought I should share.

Just brew a couple of green tea bags in a litre of just boiled water for a few minutes, then add around half a teaspoon of the Cambridge flavouring (I use Summer Fruits), let it cool, pop in an empty water bottle and stick it in the fridge overnight!

It's lovely (I even drink it lukewarm) and my kids are becoming addicted to it too! It's ideal for taking out, cheaper than Liptons, makes a change from water, completely allowable on Cambridge and saving me a fortune in stopping for coffees and bottles of water when I'm driving around.

Plus you get all the benefits of green tea as well!

Let me know if you try it and what you think

Enjoy

A
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rising_Sun

Rising_Sun Seeking thinner peace

Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    post-op Gastric Bypass
    Meant to reply to this thread but ended up posting a new thread which makes no sense really.

But, I love your idea and very well done for thinking about it. Have no green tea @ the mo so I've tried it with rooibos (redbush) tea instead. Started drninking it whilst still hot and I'm loving it.

4. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    LOL Plus, I did see your new thread, but I reckon it's only you and me who would know what it was about!

Glad you're liking it. The only problem I've found so far is that when drinking it from a recycled Volvic bottle, it looks like you're drinking your own pee!

I've just made up another 3 litres and they are going down so well!

5. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    It sounds rather nice, when i get home from work in the morning i'll make some up. I'm sure i've still got some CD flavouring tucked away somewhere. I'll let you know what i think, thanks for the idea...xxx

6. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :party0049: Yummy!!!!..... Just tried it, i also used the summer fruits flavour. Tried some luke warm i think its lovely. I've now put it in the fridge to take to work tonight..... Thanx for a great recipe. :thankyou:

xxx

7. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I'm so glad you like it Mandi.

I had about 4 litres of it yesterday (I managed to reduce the amount of Summer Berries I added) but really binged on bad stuff too. Jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost another 2 lb since Wednesday.

It could be coincidence, and it could just be that I am managing to drink more fluids because of the break from plain water, but whatever the reason, I'm happy with it!

Off to make up another 4 litres....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.