Iced tea - my recipe. Makes a change from water!

Amber34

Well, you can hardly call it a recipe, but since I've been drinking it I'm finding it much easier to drink large quantities of fluids every day, so I thought I should share.

Just brew a couple of green tea bags in a litre of just boiled water for a few minutes, then add around half a teaspoon of the Cambridge flavouring (I use Summer Fruits), let it cool, pop in an empty water bottle and stick it in the fridge overnight!

It's lovely (I even drink it lukewarm) and my kids are becoming addicted to it too! It's ideal for taking out, cheaper than Liptons, makes a change from water, completely allowable on Cambridge and saving me a fortune in stopping for coffees and bottles of water when I'm driving around.

Plus you get all the benefits of green tea as well!

Let me know if you try it and what you think

Enjoy

A
x

Meant to reply to this thread but ended up posting a new thread which makes no sense really.

But, I love your idea and very well done for thinking about it. Have no green tea @ the mo so I've tried it with rooibos (redbush) tea instead. Started drninking it whilst still hot and I'm loving it.

LOL Plus, I did see your new thread, but I reckon it's only you and me who would know what it was about!

Glad you're liking it. The only problem I've found so far is that when drinking it from a recycled Volvic bottle, it looks like you're drinking your own pee!

I've just made up another 3 litres and they are going down so well!

I'm so glad you like it Mandi.

I had about 4 litres of it yesterday (I managed to reduce the amount of Summer Berries I added) but really binged on bad stuff too. Jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost another 2 lb since Wednesday.

It could be coincidence, and it could just be that I am managing to drink more fluids because of the break from plain water, but whatever the reason, I'm happy with it!

Off to make up another 4 litres....

Back