I'd like to lose it, lose it!

Woohoo a loss and a holiday with Yummy food, well done u! Fantastic on compliments bet u feel great and can't stop smiling! Gd on ya girlie am mega pleased for ya its fab to have u back xxx

Wow wow wow what a wonderful break away and you made wise food cohices so well done you. You must be buzzing from all the lovely comments, slimdom here you come!!!!

Well had my weigh in this morning and am down 3lbs. Not great, but not bad considering the trip to France. What I don't understand is that I was losing nicely this past week (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat) and was on track to making it 4lbs when on I went up slightly (1/4lb) and this morning my weight didn't move. And trust me, with the US trip being so close, I stuck to CD!!!

5 weeks to go before trip and 17lbs to lose, which would mean losing 3.5lbs almost a week. Given my history, that's not going to happen, but I figure if I can get rid of at least 12lbs, I'll be doing good and blow the socks off my family when they see me! :)

My CDC wants me to start moving up the steps in preparation for the US trip - I'm a little worried about that as I don't want to slow the losses down any further. She wants me to start in a couple of weeks, so I have some time to think it over. Meanwhile, I suggested the target we put in place when I started (150lbs) was too high - I will still have an overweight BMI and still carry too much fat. So, my CD journey is now in 2 phases. Phase 1 is to 150lbs/US trip and Phase 2 will be whatever target we agree when I get back. I'm thinking somewhere between 130-140 would be good.

All this to say progress is moving in the right direction, albeit more slowly than I'd like (as usual) and I'll be on CD and this forum for a bit longer - probably into Nov/Dec including the steps up. Ah well, it took years to put on and maintain...a year to lose all this fat and learn how to maintain that isn't bad.

Oooh 3lb is fab hun don't be too hard on yourself and positive thinking Mrs u may reach that Target, stick with it and all will be fine!

Tizzy - 3lbs would count as a good week for me! My losses are also on the slow side but I remember when I started thinking that a 2lbs weekly loss would be fine. I reckon if you lose 12lbs you will look dramatically different - I found that once I got out of the obese category that every 5lbs or so I looked much slimmer but when I was over 15lbs i has to lose twice that amount before I could see a change. My bmi is about 27 but everyone thinks I am at goal weight! I just hide the fat bits! I don't expect to stop CD including the 5 steps until at least the end of October (assuming that there is no miraculous increase in my weekly losses).
I can imagine going up the steps is a little scary but you can still lose quite a bit on 810.
Anyway - well done for getting under 12 stones - that must feel good!

Thanks ladies! I hadn't noticed I had gone under 12st...largely cause I think of weight in terms of kg or lb (I'm American and living in Amsterdam). Stones is uniquely UK and I would go crazy measuring things in 14lb increments!!! I don't know how you can keep focussed for so long! Wow!

Yesterday I was "bad" in that I had 2 CD products and 1 salad (100g salad, 8 cherry tom, 2 stalks white asparagus, 110cal of turkey filet) and.... per this morning's scale I lost 0.5kg (1lb)! I'm not too worried about 810 as I think I lose as much or more on that vs ss 100% - yesterday's experience is far from unique in my loss history. I'm worried about adding things like bread (I loooooove dark, dense, multigrain breads with seeds). Even potatoes and pasta I can handle, except...after the CDC discussion where she mentioned potatoes I spent the day thinking about crisps. Sigh. Was even going to make some popcorn to have that crunchy/salty experience - but didn't. Wish I could say I did something constructive instead, but I put myself to bed (at 6.30pm!!!).

Daisy you have lost over 4st with your 2-3lb/week losses - woo hoo!!! You will be doing the steps and telling us all about them in no time. And I do hope that the lbs lost as you get smaller have a bigger impact on the body - it makes sense actually. The first 4-5 weeks, I'm sure no-one really noticed my losses (except me and then only cause my clothes were getting bigger). My CDC's scales also measure fat% and mine is 43% - she said the target is around 25%, so I've still got a ways to go. Unfortunately I didn't notice this measurement when we started so I don't know what the first % was - I should probably ask her.

Ok - enough rambling. Time to get some work done today!

Thanks again!!!

Is it just me or are there fewer people online and updating their diaries? I get a real impression some people have stopped posting or left or something. Feels a bit like summer.... (except for the temperature and lack of sun and loads of rain) :)

tizzy51 said:
Is it just me or are there fewer people online and updating their diaries? I get a real impression some people have stopped posting or left or something. Feels a bit like summer.... (except for the temperature and lack of sun and loads of rain) :)

I have noticed that too! Hmm we are still here lol!

Tizzy :) Very glad you had a lovely time in France and a 3lbs loss to add to it well done you :) You're going to do fab moving up the steps, you're so near your goal now!!!!

Yes ive noticed not as many people updating, myself included but for me its coz i dont really have a lot to say haha :) xx

Tizzy - yes I have noticed it's rather quiet - i assume that If people stop posting it's because they have fallen off the wagon but, of course, they could be on holiday or just enjoying life!
I've got my mother visiting for the next weekend and she's like a baby bird - always has her mouth open for more food or drink. It's going to be a trying time as far as the diet goes. I am hoping not to put any weight on at least. I was hoping to lose 3lbs this week but so far I seem to have only lost 1...a bit disappointing but that is the pattern of my weight loss - keep on plodding I guess!

Well done on staying focussed whilst on your holiday that's fab, couldn't have been easy! :) xx

Well, us few, us chosen few will keep right on losing and posting. Hopefully those who aren't here are doing ok.

Am doing good today and now working on my last litre of water. It helps that it's warmer out - the dog and I have been for two nice long walks. :)

tizzy51 said:
Well, us few, us chosen few will keep right on losing and posting. Hopefully those who aren't here are doing ok.

Am doing good today and now working on my last litre of water. It helps that it's warmer out - the dog and I have been for two nice long walks. :)

Oh yes we are plodding along and so close to goal, finding it harder the smaller I get though how about you? Weather didn't last long though here pouring with rain today!

It is definitely harder the smaller you get! It takes longer to lose and the losses are smaller. When I realize that, with Phase 2 coming up, I have at least 27lbs to lose, I get discouraged sometimes - but one day, one week at a time. Then I think, this is the easy part. Keeping it off will be the real challenge! Aaargh! :sigh:

tizzy51 said:
It is definitely harder the smaller you get! It takes longer to lose and the losses are smaller. When I realize that, with Phase 2 coming up, I have at least 27lbs to lose, I get discouraged sometimes - but one day, one week at a time. Then I think, this is the easy part. Keeping it off will be the real challenge! Aaargh! :sigh:

Ah very true tizzy one day one week at a time! We will deffo get there!!

Tizzy - I know what you mean - I was yet again disappointed to lose 2lbs - should have got used to it by now! I've been on SS for 21 weeks and I am a little bored with it - I think that at the moment i am more desperate to have a social life again than I am to reach goal. I keep reminding myself that I've spent my entire life wanting to be slim and this is the best chance I have of fulfilling a lifelong dream. Got to keep plodding on ...

Daisy I get that! It is boring and while I try to work some social life in, it can be difficult! However, I've never stuck to a diet for so long, nor had this kind of sustained success so I really do not want to give up! I'll definitely keep doing this until I head for the US. My CDC keeps suggesting that I bring CD products to the US with me and use them for breakfast & lunch - I really can't see doing that at all! Not to mention having to have 3 weeks of product in my luggage.

My bigger concern is getting back on CD after the US trip. I plan to buy a few clothing items in a smaller size to remind me that Phase 2 awaits and I need keep going! This is the year - I can't see myself doing this again!

OK - focus! As Aysha might say - we can deffo do this! :)

Hehe u do make me smile tizzy ;) Ahh no I wouldn't want to take products on holiday either I am sure u can get back onto it when u get back to get any gain off!!

I know! Really, what is she thinking my CDC?!?

And if I don't get back on CD when I return, I look to you all to come kick my b*tt! :)

tizzy51 said:
I know! Really, what is she thinking my CDC?!?

And if I don't get back on CD when I return, I look to you all to come kick my b*tt! :)

Yep I will come kick ya butt personally lol!

Back