I'd like to lose it, lose it!

I love that - "what lurks beneath" :) I've had a friend tell me that surely I've lost enough cause now I look normal (hunh!) but yeah, I may not get rid of the jelly roll around my middle entirely, but I want as much gone as possible! Hence my plan for Phase 2 after my hols. The tricky bit is what should the weight goal be so that the jelly roll goes away or diminishes substantially? My CDC is the one who suggested my current goal, but I find it's not enough.

I know you're not keen on your 2lb/week losses, but trust me - from the 1lb a week I seem to be stuck at for now, those are great!!! I long for the good old days when my average over a month was 2.5lbs. Sigh. I'm seriously hoping for a good loss after my vacation when I get back on CD!

Meanwhile - back to the grindstone, both work and CD. Only way to go is DOWN!

Tizzy - I know what you mean - only 12lbs now to my goal and I am not sure that the spare tyre will have gone by then. I spent an hour and a half with my CDC and she suggested that I go up the steps and exercise at the same time - I haven't done any real exercise since I started cd. If i do, it may be that I will shift a few more pounds at that stage.
I have lost 3lbs this week and I suspect that it was due to the fact that I was more active at the weekend so maybe exercise is the key.
I guess we just have to get to our cd goals and decide at that stage whether we want to lose some more.
Hope things are going well - it's your countdown to the US!

Wow I can't believe you are only 12lb away from goal thats amazing!
You must be so happy with that :D

I know what you meant about the 1lbs being frustrating though, last bit is always the worse bit to get off!

Good luck :)

Tizzy - I know what you mean - only 12lbs now to my goal and I am not sure that the spare tyre will have gone by then. I spent an hour and a half with my CDC and she suggested that I go up the steps and exercise at the same time - I haven't done any real exercise since I started cd. If i do, it may be that I will shift a few more pounds at that stage.
I have lost 3lbs this week and I suspect that it was due to the fact that I was more active at the weekend so maybe exercise is the key.
I guess we just have to get to our cd goals and decide at that stage whether we want to lose some more.
Hope things are going well - it's your countdown to the US!

Hey! I'm only 12lbs away from goal (Phase 1 goal now) as well! And unless all 12 come from my abdomen, a Phase 2 is definitely needed. :)

I think exercising is a must at some point - the muscles need to get in shape and you will look so toned! And the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn! Not to mention how good it is for your heart and lungs. What can I say? I'm a believer. Even when I was obese my blood tests were pretty good and I think it was because I exercise regularly.

Are you going to start up the steps as your CDC suggests? Mine made the same suggestion, but I've rebelled and am still on ss. Got tooo much to lose! :eek:

Wow I can't believe you are only 12lb away from goal thats amazing!
You must be so happy with that :D

I know what you meant about the 1lbs being frustrating though, last bit is always the worse bit to get off!

Good luck :)

OMG you're back!!! So good to hear from you again - how've you been? I'm going to check your diary!

Yes the 1lb losses are a pain, but I keep saying at least they're losses! And I've decided on a Phase 2 for when I get back from vacation as I now think the goal weight (150lbs) is not low enough and I can do better. Soooo I'll be on CD and minimins for a while yet.

At the moment my intention is to go up to step 2 when I get to 11.5 and then gett to goal (11 stones) on that step. If I lose more it will be on step 3 or 4. I don't want to stop at 11 stones on SS or step 2 as I will then put on a few pounds when my glycogen stores replenish so I am planning on doing all the steps so I reckon I'll be on CD for a long time!
Planning on getting back on my cross trainer soon - honest!

At the moment my intention is to go up to step 2 when I get to 11.5 and then gett to goal (11 stones) on that step. If I lose more it will be on step 3 or 4. I don't want to stop at 11 stones on SS or step 2 as I will then put on a few pounds when my glycogen stores replenish so I am planning on doing all the steps so I reckon I'll be on CD for a long time!
Planning on getting back on my cross trainer soon - honest!

I believe you! And just think how much fun you'll have on it as well!

l thanks everyone for getting us off the small losses - esp you Yolande, as I think you were the first to break the trend. I'm down 3.5lbs. Yay! :D That puts me in the single digits of lbs left to lose against goal (Phase 1)! Amazing! If someone had told me I would actually stay the course on CD (mostly) and lose about 50lbs before leaving for the US I would have thought they had lost their mind! This is the first time I've tried something like this and am amazed at (a) the fact I've stuck to it and (b) how well it works! Woo hoo!

I leave Saturday for the US and hope to have lost another 2-3lbs by then (course I want to lose more, but I'm trying to be a little realistic...:rolleyes:). My friends tell me my father is going to walk right past me at the airport when he comes to pick me up, as he won't recognize me. Hopefully he'll recognize the dog who hasn't changed as much...:)

Spoke with my CDC this morning and I will begin Phase 2 on Monday, 3 Sept. That gives me a little time after I get back from the US to lose any weight I may have gained. Bless her, my CDC told me she expects me to lose 3kg (about 7lbs) while in the US! I quickly disabused her of that idea - I will watch out, but I am going off diet and will be happy with STS or a small gain. A girl's gotta have some fun every once in a while!

Meanwhile, my plan for day 1 in the US is to go straight to a lingerie store and get properly fitted for undergarments. None of mine fit anymore. My plan is to rebuild my wardrobe from the skin out, but not to go too overboard as I expect to loose at least another 20-25lbs on Phase 2, which will mean a decrease of 1-2 clothing sizes.

It's hard to focus on work - my brain has already left the country! :)

Well done girlie u have done so well and your folks will be mega proud of u and blown away when they see u make sure u come and say goodbye before u go off on your travels and u best come back on here when u are back!!! U will have a fantastic time!!!!

I know exactly how you feel Tizzy! I never believed I would come so far on this diet either, its amazing isnt it :)
Well done on a big ol' loss! 3.5 is so high especially when you are as close to goal as you

How excited you must be for america, surprised you can focus on anything else!
Would love to go back one day its brilliant there :)
How long are you going for?

Well done girlie u have done so well and your folks will be mega proud of u and blown away when they see u make sure u come and say goodbye before u go off on your travels and u best come back on here when u are back!!! U will have a fantastic time!!!!

I've agreed to do some work for my client while I'm on vacation in the US (will help pay for the new clothes I plan to buy :)) so for sure I'll be checking in on minimins. Just won't have any updates on my own weight. And I'll definitely be back on the forum when I get into Phase 2!!! Can't imagine doing CD without this forum!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel Tizzy! I never believed I would come so far on this diet either, its amazing isnt it :)
Well done on a big ol' loss! 3.5 is so high especially when you are as close to goal as you

How excited you must be for america, surprised you can focus on anything else!
Would love to go back one day its brilliant there :)
How long are you going for?

I leave Saturday for Frankfurt as Lufthansa is the only airline that will transport the dog on the same plane with me in the summer. Sunday I will fly to the US and I'll be there until 13 August. Nice long time to relax (even if I do have to work a little bit). First week will be mostly with my dad and his wife during which I'll be doing some shopping for the basics and acclimating to the much hotter weather. Second week all the relatives will show up, including my brother. We always have a good time together and I'm sooooo looking forward to it. My aunt, who was in Amsterdam end April/early May (about 23lbs ago) is the only person in the family who knows I'm doing CD as I couldn't hide it from her. The last week a couple of my girlfriends are coming to the beach and that should be good for a non-stop chat fest + shopping. Delaware (where my dad lives) is a no sale tax state PLUS he's got a bazillion outlet malls near him! Have to say this is the first time in a very very long time I've been excited about shopping. :)

YAAAAAYYYYY WOO HOO I am soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!! =D The time has gona by sooo fast you leaving so soon for the states id say im not jealous but id be lying =P Everyone is going to be gobsmacked when they see ja!!! I sure am going to miss you on here while you are away and aahhh must be such a great feeling being in the single digits to your goal!! GO YOU!

Hey hey I have finally made the time to catch up with u x I'm sooooo excited for u to go away but will miss yr support and pep talks so much but I just know but hope u have a fab time x I came over all emotional reading the shopping bit omg omg I would love to feel that excited about shopping and the fact yr off to the us is icing on the cake just brilliance xxx so happy for u x

What better way to mark your weight loss than a major shopping spree! Pick yourself up a few things a size smaller as motivation while you're there too if its cheap enough!

End Phase 1

Why is it that when you go away the last couple of days before you leave are full of things that absolutely must get done??? I'm leaving this afternoon for my vacation and have a list as long as my arm to get through before I head out! Yikes! But am very excited - spoke with my dad yesterday who told me it's 90-95 degrees where he is (it's about 65-70 here in Amsterdam). What a shock that's going to be! :character00238:

Because of the trip, I got weighed today instead of Monday and have lost 1.5lbs, leaving me 7lbs short of my Phase 1 goal. While I'm a little disappointed, I'm actually also quite pleased. I knew I'd be short of the goal, but hoped to be short by 4lbs or less... On the other hand, the last time I was this weight was sometime late 1989/early 1990, so really, how can I be anything but pleased? :)

Yesterday I started combing my wardrobe for what to take to the US, recognizing that a lot of it would just stay there and be replaced. The last time I went through my wardrobe was early June and I had set aside a "US" pile then - most of which now are in the "donate" pile. I put on the capris which promptly fell off! It was amazing!!! :eek: I don't feel sooo much thinner that my clothes can actually fall right off my body! Too funny!

Being the analytical person that I am, I have also prepared my spreadsheets for Phase 2 which will officially kick off on Sept 3 (giving me a couple of weeks to repair any damage done in the US). Currently I'm thinking Ph2 target will be to lose 22-25lbs in 2-3 months, giving me time to do the steps and come off CD by Christmas. Will probably start a new thread for Ph2 - mostly because it's a completely new goal. I had always thought that weighing 150-160lbs was achievable, but the idea of being in the 130s ... that was clearly unattainable! But now... so I want to start a thread focused on breaking the "unattainable" barrier!

Ladies, you have been my cheerleaders, my support team, my constant companions on this journey so far! Thank you so very, very much!:bighug: I'm sure I would never have made it without you. And the journey's not yet over!

While on vacation, I may log on and lurk from time to time, but I will be a lot less present. I will, however, try to post about getting fitted for undergarments and finding out my current size and about the shopping (it's really odd, I hate shopping for clothes, but I'm looking forward to it!). Have a great summer - I look forward to all your success stories!

Have an amazing time Tizzy =D

Ahhhh I hope u read this my phone wouldn't let me log on most of the day! Have a lovely trip and enjoy it hun u deserve a fab time xxxxx

Have a fabulous time! Looking forward to hearing how your family react to the new you. Hope you spoil yourself and get some new clothes. Hope you're back with us for phase 2.

Back